Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2016, 9:49 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
I have been to many clubs...
So have I. And not many comes close in the States (in terms of dinner offering - not ambience). Lets share notes - which are your top 3 or 4 (State side)?

Last edited by hotelfanatic; May 5, 2016 at 9:54 pm
Old May 5, 2016, 10:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Lets share notes - which are your top 3 or 4 (State side)?
Can you start a new thread on that so that the discussion on this thread can remain focused on the Hyatt SFO?
Old May 6, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
My Comments is focused on this property. You may not have followed Radiant Flyer's history about this topic. Here is one from Dec

Agreed, they Regency Club at SFO is not the best in the Bay Area or in the states. I was there a few weeks ago and the evening offerings were horrible, breakfast was pretty weak.
I asked back then for his recommendations and none was shared. So I am asking again. When you say a place is "horrible" and others have expressed the opposite, then I think some of us would like to know why is "horrible". Maybe RF is a Vegan. Who knows.

Is simple, all RF have to do is list his top 3 or 4.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tom911
Can you start a new thread on that so that the discussion on this thread can remain focused on the Hyatt SFO?
+1

This thread is plagued by the same pointless debate over whether the evening spread is the best ever or barely edible every three pages or so.
Old May 6, 2016, 8:22 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Just for the record, I'm typically not at any club round the clock to know definitely which is best. It's just been my experience that every time I've gone into a club, main course or not, I've found something that appeals to me. Not so here. Maybe they misplaced the cookie jar ;-)
Old May 6, 2016, 1:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by tom911
Thank you!!
Old May 6, 2016, 1:59 pm

Feel free to open a new thread but I believe there are ones out there already.

Lets just agree to disagree on this point. And who knew ppl rates a club lounge base on if cookies are available in the lounge.

Just for the record - from a Cool blog (seem to reference lots about cookies and lounge visits):

Hyatt Regency Sacramento:
We also were offered our Diamond amenity, and we initially opted for milk & cookies and a Pepsi (though when we discovered there were cookies in the club, we called to have our amenity changed to points).
We set our bags down and made our way up a floor to the Regency Club. We snacked on white chocolate flakes, tamales, and chocolate chip cookies.
We returned around 12:30 and headed back up to the club to grab a couple snacks. We took some peanuts, soda, and chocolate chip cookies and went back to the room. to watch some TV.

Hyatt Regency Monterey:
Someone immediately greeted me, and told me that the lounge wasn't quite open yet. Not deterred, I asked if I could grab some cookies (which were on display). She told me to help myself, and advised me that Hors D'Oeuvres would be served at 4.
I was somewhat put off, as she made it seem like I shouldn't be in the lounge, but I still grabbed some chocolate chip cookies and fruit water.

Last edited by hotelfanatic; May 7, 2016 at 9:55 am Reason: cookies
Old May 6, 2016, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
who knew ppl rates a club lounge base on if cookies are available in the lounge.
Who did that!? That's ridiculous!
Old May 6, 2016, 10:06 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Hyatt Regency SFO is not a hotel I go to and eat... maybe a good nights rest before a 5 AM flight to London, or Rio. BUT... If you enjoy Costco food and a aggressive Regency Club agent making sure you don't pour too much wine in that glass.... ENJOY!!! End of comment.

My Comments is focused on this property. You may not have followed Radiant Flyer's history about this topic. Here is one from Dec

I asked back then for his recommendations and none was shared. So I am asking again. When you say a place is "horrible" and others have expressed the opposite, then I think some of us would like to know why is "horrible". Maybe RF is a Vegan. Who knows.

Is simple, all RF have to do is list his top 3 or 4.
Old May 6, 2016, 10:49 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
why are we still talking about food after we were asked to move along by the mods?
Old May 6, 2016, 10:59 pm
Suspended

In the SF Bay Area, like NYC, PARIS, LONDON, and any major world class destination food is a BIG DEAL.
It is part of your hotel experience.

Originally Posted by austin_modern
why are we still talking about food after we were asked to move along by the mods?
Old May 6, 2016, 11:07 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
In the SF Bay Area, like NYC, PARIS, LONDON, and any major world class destination food is a BIG DEAL.
It is part of your hotel experience.
ya... and as anyone who likes food knows... you go OUT TO EAT in each one of those cities if you like good food... not sitting in a lame lounge.
Old May 6, 2016, 11:08 pm
Suspended

Agreed.

Originally Posted by austin_modern
ya... and as anyone who likes food knows... you go OUT TO EAT in each one of those cities if you like good food... not sitting in a lame lounge.
Old May 8, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: Amtrak Select Executive, Hertz PC, National EE, IC Diamond Ambassador, ALL Gold, Hyatt Disc
Food Selections Changing

I called last week to inquire about the status of the renovations. They are up to the top 2 floors (8 and 9) with the Regency Club temporarily moved to the 5th floor with cold item selections. The person at the front desk also mentioned that the Regency Club started to change the type of food, not just because of the construction and temporary relocation, but because of a change to Regency Club offerings throughout the brand. She said this would become more of the norm at Hyatt Regency properties.

I am not sure of the accuracy of this statement but I thought it would be worth sharing.

Renovations are expected to be completed by the end of May or early June.
Old May 9, 2016, 4:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Stayed at both the HR SFO and HR Embarcadero, and the front desk at both properties confirmed that there will no longer be room services available at either properties. This means that:

1. As a Diamond, you can no longer able to choose your welcome amenity of wine, or beer, plus food. I got the 1,000 points at both properties.

2. The RC lounge at the HR SFO may no longer offer hot food (to make a meals out of it at dinner). It remains to be seen what will happen at SFO. FWIW, the RC Embarcadero still offers a delicious evening hot & cold hors d'oeuvre and an excellent hot breakfast.

My stay at the HR SFO was uneventful, even though you can clearly hear the work being done on the 8th & 9th floors. My Bay View room on the 7th floor still has the strong smell of paint, but everything is nice.

The curious thing is that there is only 1 power outlet at the work desk, so may be they will provide a multi-plugs extension cord?

My Diamond breakfast at the sports bar was excellent and was comped as expected.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.