Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 10:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diam Hertz Gold
Renovation Almost complete

Just visited Hyatt SFO for a quick one night stay. Was told the renovation would be complete in about 3 weeks. Appears they only have one floor left to complete. Was also told that flat screens would be installed in all rooms, but it would be about 3-4 months before they would have them. The guest room renovation has completely changed this hotel from when I stayed 2+ years ago. Requested a Bay View Regency King, but the desk did not have the bay view available. Sounded as if most of the floors bay views were taken up by suites.
Old Mar 2, 2008, 6:46 pm

I stayed in a renovated room on the 8th floor on Friday night. All new furniture, very modern look. In the bathroom, the sink and counter were replaced with new fixtures, and a very modern looking "cabinet". It sill looked like "cultured mable", but the sink was a square sink with new fixtures, in a square wooden cabinet with shelves for towels and the toilet paper holder. I don't think they changed out the toilet or the tub, but everything was nicely cleaned, including the grout, etc. (I can't remember from the pre-renovated rooms if they re-did the tile in the bathroom or not.) The tub has the curved shower rod (did they install them before the reno? I can't remember) and of course new lighter, modern looking shower curtain.

The TV in the room was still the old analog tube tv.

New carpet, wallpaper and paint in the hallways and the rooms.

It was very nice, very tasteful, very modern looking and a nice weekend rate at $109.

I had one of the angle rooms, so it was larger than your standard room there.

Except for the old analog tv (which worked fine), I give it a big thumbs up.

Santa Clara also renovated recently, and as I recall, last time I stayed there the room did have a new flat panel tv. (And also a very modern look but more spartan than my room at SFO.)

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 2, 2008 at 6:57 pm
Old Mar 3, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
Re: In N Out

Since someone said it's next to the Milbrae BART station, is it feasible to take the BART from the airport to Milbrae? It is right at the station? More information please. This would be good info for extra long SFO layovers.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by chicaloca453

Since someone said it's next to the Milbrae BART station, is it feasible to take the BART from the airport to Milbrae? It is right at the station? More information please. This would be good info for extra long SFO layovers.
Its not next to it, you have to cross over a freeway overpass to get there. I am sure the Hyatt shuttle will drop you off there, but i mean a simple $10 taxi ride should take you to your terminal from the hotel.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here is the address: 11 Rollins Rd, Millbrae, CA

Its a 5-10 min walk from Westin, Marriott or Clarion. Marriott and Hyatt share the same shuttle. BART is also about 5 min away on the other side of millbrae ave.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
I think Rollins Rd. runs right along the west side of the freeway in that area.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 10:20 pm

Yes you can. It's across the street from the BART station. (not across the freeway). The closest airport hotel would be the Westin or Clarion, but you have to walk over the freeway overpass, which is quite a long walk to get there from those hotels. It's doable from there, but it's probably a longer walk than you might think.

The Hyatt is way too far to walk to the In N Out Burger. There's a Millbrae shuttle that stops at the Hyatt, but I'm not sure if it goes anywhere near the BART station. (It might, I've never taken it. I always thought that it just went to downtown Millbrae.)

On this map, it's across E Millbrae Ave from the BART station, next to the on-ramp for 101S. As you can see, it's very close to the BART station.

http://www.bart.gov/stations/station...eaMap_MLBR.asp

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Mar 3, 2008 at 10:25 pm
Old Mar 4, 2008, 2:11 am

Even better:

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.007542&z=17

The In N Out is the 3rd building in the corner of that parking lot (next to the 101S onramp .. it's the building on the angle in the back corner of that parking lot.) If you zoom in far enough you can smell the double double burger and fries.

-David
Old Jul 21, 2008, 10:12 pm

Stayed again last night and the hotel is completely finished with the guestroom renovation. Just realized the hotel has a private health club on the 9th floor for Regency Club members, which is a big plus. You have to walk two corridors before you run into it.
Max's Restaurant is also within walking distance and and serves up some great dinners. The Burlingame trolley also stops at the hotel and brings you to downtown Burlingame. I would reccomend Rocca (Great little upscale Italian Restaurant) in downtown Burlingame.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 7:56 am

Programs: DL 1MM, UA 1K, PC Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Marrott Silver
Award Stays

What can I expect as a Diamond on an award stay at this hotel. I will be travelling with my family next month and have two rooms reserved on the night before we fly home.

I currently only have standard rooms. What would I get for breakfast if I book RC rooms. There will be 6 of us staying in two rooms and we will need to leave for the airport by about 6:30 at the latest so I was not sure if the RC would be worth the extra 2k pts.

Any advice?
Old Jul 24, 2008, 1:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
Originally Posted by youngbru
What can I expect as a Diamond on an award stay at this hotel. I will be travelling with my family next month and have two rooms reserved on the night before we fly home.

I currently only have standard rooms. What would I get for breakfast if I book RC rooms. There will be 6 of us staying in two rooms and we will need to leave for the airport by about 6:30 at the latest so I was not sure if the RC would be worth the extra 2k pts.

Any advice?
As a diamond you will have access to the RC so you don't need to spend any extra points reserving a RC room. The RC was opened early like at 4:30 am the last time I stayed there (May?) as they don't have 24 hr room service and many people of course are leaving early on flights. The RC has the usual fresh fruit, pastries, coffees, lox & bagels, etc.
Old Jul 24, 2008, 3:29 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Originally Posted by wilma
As a diamond you will have access to the RC so you don't need to spend any extra points reserving a RC room. The RC was opened early like at 4:30 am the last time I stayed there (May?) as they don't have 24 hr room service and many people of course are leaving early on flights. The RC has the usual fresh fruit, pastries, coffees, lox & bagels, etc.
I don't remember seeing any lox or smoked salmon in the RC when I was there last month, though they did have hardboiled eggs. I think on weekends they open at 7 am, but a bit earlier on weekdays.
Old Jul 25, 2008, 12:33 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
They don't have lox in the RC.

They open at 4:30 am with limited service.

The evening "food" is getting poorer and poorer.

I'm there about every other week.
Old Jul 26, 2008, 12:33 pm

I definitely would not use the points to upgrade to club as this hotel has good amount of club rooms, the only problem being that none of the club rooms have a bay view as some of the rooms on the lower floors do. If you are travelling with an additonal 5 people I would possibly just drop a line to the Rooms Executive or Front Office Manager to see if they can do anthing special for you.
Old Jul 27, 2008, 3:04 pm

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by rfrost
I don't remember seeing any lox or smoked salmon in the RC when I was there last month, though they did have hardboiled eggs. I think on weekends they open at 7 am, but a bit earlier on weekdays.
The main breakfast spread doesn't begin until 6:30 or 7. Coffee, juice, and probably pastries are available at 4:30.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.