Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

The Hyatt Regency Huntington Beach Resort & Spa REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 10, 2023, 12:31 am

Originally Posted by gaobest
Is valet included for a points stay?
It is included for a points stay if you are Globalist or booked via Guest of Honor.
Old Jul 10, 2023, 8:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by EPPanda
It is included for a points stay if you are Globalist or booked via Guest of Honor.
thank you! This makes perfect sense. We aren’t elite hyatt and it’s fair that we don’t get elite tier privileges. :-)

I’m still super happy for this resort. We had previously planned Newport Beach HR which appeared to be less renovated. I loved this HB one so much that it’s a true struggle to imagine staying elsewhere in the area - zero wonder about how much better Newport Beach would have been. We still drove to Newport to get our boat rental and to enjoy balboa island!
Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:01 pm

Are the pools/beaches enjoyable in January or does it get too cold?

Are there plenty of dining options within walking distance or would we need to drive?
Old Nov 27, 2023, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by gaobest
thank you! This makes perfect sense. We aren’t elite hyatt and it’s fair that we don’t get elite tier privileges. :-)

I’m still super happy for this resort. We had previously planned Newport Beach HR which appeared to be less renovated. I loved this HB one so much that it’s a true struggle to imagine staying elsewhere in the area - zero wonder about how much better Newport Beach would have been. We still drove to Newport to get our boat rental and to enjoy balboa island!
I'm at Hyatt Newport Beach now and it is in dire need of a renovation. I've had maintenance in my room to fix shower & mini-fridge so far. Could also use them to fix shower head and heat as well although haven't called them about it yet. HB was a good choice by you... wish I chose it too.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 1:13 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by projectmaximus

Are there plenty of dining options within walking distance or would we need to drive?
It depends how much you like to walk, but Main Street is only a mile away and you can walk along the beach to get there. Plenty of dining options although none are too upscale as far as I recall. If you need something closer, the Pacific City mall is a few minutes closer than Main St (also on the water) and has a few dining options.
Old Nov 28, 2023, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Are the pools/beaches enjoyable in January or does it get too cold?

If you like Korean food I would suggest driving (or preferably taking Uber/Lyft) up to Buena Park. It's not k-town but it's good and close. That's my go-to for food when I'm there. The stuff by the beach is, for the most part, more fancy / overpriced / touristy kind of stuff. Which is fine if you're into that.

Having said that I did go to a pretty good diner for breakfast that was a short walk away once. But I didn't save it to my Google maps and I'm not sure which place it was.
Old Jan 3, 2024, 12:54 am

Stayed here for one night on NYE. We wanted to spend new years by the beach!

It was packed and the valet seemed overwhelmed. The vehicle request system they set up is very efficient.

We got upgraded to a king bed room with a partial ocean view. While the room wasn't much special, the property is very well maintained.

Watertable had buffet going on. We were able to use buffet and order two entress with two cups of coffee. The bill came out to be around $130 and it was wiped at check out.
Overall a very solid stay and would like to return in future.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 3:34 pm

I'm an explorist using a SUA to the huntington suite (me + wife and 2 kids). My parents are also coming in a separate room, which I also booked on my account using my points. I have 1 GOH (guest of honor) award available, which I was saving, but thinking it might make sense to apply to my parents room:
  • Any issue applying both a SUA to one room and GOH to another
  • Is GOH worth it here? Seems like it saves valet fees? Maybe also gets breakfast free for that room (+plus 2 kids)? Any other benefits applying GOH that I'm missing?
Old Feb 27, 2024, 8:38 pm

Stayed here one night as a stop over on our way to Palm Springs. We were given and early check in, a 2pm check out, and was upgraded to a Huntington suite. Breakfast at Watertable the next morning was great, that is a beautiful restaurant. We had lunch at Pete's too which was really good but more on the casual side.

Having spent only 26 hours here, we thought the grounds were beautiful with the pool area and easy beach access being the highlights. The rooms and hallways could use a little bit of a refresh but all in all we thought this was a really nice Orange County area property and would definitely return.

FindAWay likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.