FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Place no early departure penalty? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1348248-hyatt-place-no-early-departure-penalty.html)

aaucello May 20, 2012 4:15 pm

Hyatt Place no early departure penalty?

Back in February, I booked 3 nights at the Hyatt Place Waikiki for my stay coming up in June. Using Hyatt's Best Rate Guarantee I was able to get the rate of $119 (normal rates $294 per night).

During the last few days I have been shuffling my itinerary around quite a bit and its looking like I'll only be staying for 2 nights instead of 3.

When I called Hyatt to make the change, they said the reservation would be subject to new rates if I made the change, but the representative then told me that Hyatt Place brands do not charge an "early departure penalty" if reservation is changed at the front desk, meaning I could ask to check out a day early and still receive my $119 rate.

I called the property and the lady did not seem to know what I was talking about. Can anyone confirm this policy based on prior experience? Better yet, can someone at Hyatt confirm this for me? I tried googling for threads related to this and could not find any... I feel reluctant to wait until I check in and then get "stuck" in some way.

Any advice is appreciated :)

Gold Passport Concierge May 21, 2012 12:35 am

Originally Posted by aaucello (Post 18611281)
Back in February, I booked 3 nights at the Hyatt Place Waikiki for my stay coming up in June. Using Hyatt's Best Rate Guarantee I was able to get the rate of $119 (normal rates $294 per night).

During the last few days I have been shuffling my itinerary around quite a bit and its looking like I'll only be staying for 2 nights instead of 3.

When I called Hyatt to make the change, they said the reservation would be subject to new rates if I made the change, but the representative then told me that Hyatt Place brands do not charge an "early departure penalty" if reservation is changed at the front desk, meaning I could ask to check out a day early and still receive my $119 rate.

I called the property and the lady did not seem to know what I was talking about. Can anyone confirm this policy based on prior experience? Better yet, can someone at Hyatt confirm this for me? I tried googling for threads related to this and could not find any... I feel reluctant to wait until I check in and then get "stuck" in some way.

Any advice is appreciated :)

The representative you spoke with is correct. The Hyatt Place Waikiki does not charge an early departure fee.

Enjoy your stay!

edcho May 21, 2012 12:38 am

What is the early departure penalty for non-HP brands?

Gold Passport Concierge May 21, 2012 12:44 am

Originally Posted by edcho (Post 18613047)
What is the early departure penalty for non-HP brands?

At Full Service hotels, the early departure fee is one night’s room and tax. However, if you tell the Front Desk at time of check-in that you will be leaving early, you will not be charged.

MikeFromTokyo May 21, 2012 2:19 am

Originally Posted by aaucello (Post 18611281)

I wouldn't bring it to the hotel's attention prior to arrival, as the same issue could come up if someone looks too closely at your reservation, since you are telling them before arrival you intend to shorten the stay.

Instead, check-in as planned, and then simply tell them you will need to shorten the stay. I personally would inform them of this after checking-in, but at least 24 hours before intended departure time. I would probably not tell them before or during check-in, so as not to give them an opportunity to change the rate. In any case, I would say it is unlikely there will be any problem.

aaucello May 21, 2012 4:51 am

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo (Post 18613245)
I wouldn't bring it to the hotel's attention prior to arrival, as the same issue could come up if someone looks too closely at your reservation, since you are telling them before arrival you intend to shorten the stay.

Instead, check-in as planned, and then simply tell them you will need to shorten the stay. I personally would inform them of this after checking-in, but at least 24 hours before intended departure time. I would probably not tell them before or during check-in, so as not to give them an opportunity to change the rate. In any case, I would say it is unlikely there will be any problem.

:-P I know, silly. I called and asked a general question without providing my reservation details :) Happy to know that this is the policy!

aaucello May 21, 2012 4:52 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge (Post 18613039)
The representative you spoke with is correct. The Hyatt Place Waikiki does not charge an early departure fee.

Enjoy your stay!

Thank you!! Excited :)