Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2012, 4:40 pm

Just checked in. I'm on the 17th floor but unfortunately I think I'm facing the loud corner of the building. I hear drumming and just heard the cable car. I did book city view.
Also, the room doesn't look like the other regency club rooms I've seen in pictures here.
Not that I really need a tv in the bathroom mirror (it doesn't have it), but it just doesn't look like a regency club room. It also looks like it connects to two other rooms.
Old Nov 10, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Go and ask for a different room. The cable car and the "music" will continue until around 1 a.m.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 10:18 am

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Hey there -- have a stay upcoming and wondering, as a diamond, what room do you think I would be upgraded to, given past experiences. Hyatt is also offering me an upgrade to the "Embarcadero Suite, 506 sq.ft." for $46 a night and I'm debating about taking the upgrade and paying the fee. Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 11:26 am

Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me
Hey there -- have a stay upcoming and wondering, as a diamond, what room do you think I would be upgraded to, given past experiences. Hyatt is also offering me an upgrade to the "Embarcadero Suite, 506 sq.ft." for $46 a night and I'm debating about taking the upgrade and paying the fee. Thoughts/advice would be appreciated.
It's just an oversized room, sometimes called a junior suite. Just make sure it is not facing the cable car terminus which is very noisy until about 1 a.m.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:00 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
It's just an oversized room, sometimes called a junior suite. Just make sure it is not facing the cable car terminus which is very noisy until about 1 a.m.
virtually every direction is pretty noisy... from the cable car, to the drummer and that sax player (who only knows one song.).
Old Jan 2, 2013, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
this is GREAT advice.

Does anyone know what diamonds are upgraded to

1) normally and on

2) lower capacity days?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern
virtually every direction is pretty noisy... from the cable car, to the drummer and that sax player (who only knows one song.).
I've stayed there many times, although not in the past 6 months. The music has always been at the cable car terminus at Market & Drumm Streets being played by panhandlers. Rooms I've had facing any other way have always been quiet. I understand the "Occupy" homeless encampment that was across the street from the other end of the hotel was taken down by the city a few months ago.

As a Diamond I was upgraded to a "balcony king room" facing Embarcadero Center. Not a great room in my opinion because the vanity and sink were not in a bathroom- they were just in the room. But those rooms are relatively quiet.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:20 pm

this is GREAT advice.

Does anyone know what diamonds are upgraded to

1) normally and on

2) lower capacity days?
A buddy of mine was upgraded to the suite that was near the cable cars. That was on a Saturday during the summer.

I was put on a high floor with a balcony but it was a standard room.

The diamond suite upgrade will get you into the junior suite, which is not worth it, IMO.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo
A buddy of mine was upgraded to the suite that was near the cable cars. That was on a Saturday during the summer.

I was put on a high floor with a balcony but it was a standard room.

The diamond suite upgrade will get you into the junior suite, which is not worth it, IMO.
Kenbo,

So I take it you wouldn't pay $46 a night more for the Embarcadero Suite. The standard king room on a high floor is good enough for a couple?
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:35 pm

Kenbo,

So I take it you wouldn't pay $46 a night more for the Embarcadero Suite. The standard king room on a high floor is good enough for a couple?
For $46 I would provided it's in a good location. As this is an upgrade subject to availability at check-in, you could always decline it then if it's in a bad location.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:53 pm

Kenbo,

Having stayed in both the Embarcadero Suite (junior suite) and the standard king room, I'd say the king room is fine for a couple. If you need extra space, that's one thing. If not, I really don't think the $46 is worth it when all you're getting is a junior suite. There isn't much to distinguish it from a standard room aside from a larger seating area.

When we stayed in the standard room, we had a balcony and a view of the bay. My wife and I both agreed the standard room was the way to go for future stays.

Hope you enjoy your stay whatever you decide.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Kenbo,

I wouldnt pay extra for the suite; you're really just getting a tiny seating area between the desk and bed that has a couch in it. A normal room is 189/night, so that represents about a 25% increase which doesnt really seem worthwhile.

If it were me, Id try to get one of the "standard" high level balcony rooms... its nice to sit outside, have a beer and look at the ocean. Its "extra space" that I think is actually pretty usable... with perhaps a jacket and umbrella.

If you are deadset on getting a suite in the city, Id go over a few blocks to the grand... their diamond suite is actually about 2x the size and has a separate living room and 2nd bathroom.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:12 pm

Smile

If it were me, Id try to get one of the "standard" high level balcony rooms... its nice to sit outside, have a beer and look at the ocean. Its "extra space" that I think is actually pretty usable... with perhaps a jacket and umbrella.

If you are deadset on getting a suite in the city, Id go over a few blocks to the grand... their diamond suite is actually about 2x the size and has a separate living room and 2nd bathroom.
I think you had too many beers on that balcony! The view is of San Francisco Bay, not the ocean A beautiful view none the less. And we stayed at the GH just a few weeks ago and used a Diamond Suite upgrade. All the suites we have stayed in before the remodel was complete did have 2 bathrooms. This suite looked the same (the size of two standard rooms) but there was no 2nd bathroom and I believe the area where it used to be is now a wetbar, refrigerator, and a desk.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum

And one of the worst views in town with no balcony. I stayed there soon after the renovations and while the suite was modern and nicely decorated, I exchanged it for a view room.

Regarding the HR, seeing that you are a diamond I would enquire about the balcony suite if you were to use a suite upgrade. That will truly offer one of the most amazing views and rooms you can get at this hotel ^.
Old Jan 2, 2013, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by crystak
And one of the worst views in town with no balcony. I stayed there soon after the renovations and while the suite was modern and nicely decorated, I exchanged it for a view room.

Regarding the HR, seeing that you are a diamond I would enquire about the balcony suite if you were to use a suite upgrade. That will truly offer one of the most amazing views and rooms you can get at this hotel ^.
Appreciate your help...only staying two nights so don't want to burn a suite upgrade.

Will just go for a standard king room with a view hopefully

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.