Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2010, 9:51 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Originally Posted by khitomer
Can you clarify what you mean about the parking? Do you mean the Hotel valet or that of the Embarcadero?
Can you clarify what you want me to clarify? This? "You can also drop the keys with the valet at night, before midnight, for $15 and avoid the $50 overnight parking fee."

If so, you can return a Budget rental car to the hotel valet and only pay $15, as opposed to the normal $50 to park overnight and return it in the morning. But, you are returning the car, not parking it. The person before me at the Budget counter reserved two one day rentals and was going to drop it off the first night, pay the $15, and then get a new car the next day. Creative.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 10:04 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin Atlantic
Sorry misunderstood about the car, that it was rental, should have read post better! Ooooops.
Old Jul 14, 2010, 1:22 am

Could someone post the definitive answer to parking at SF HR? I have tried to look up Embarcadero parking to clarify costs, location, etc but get totally confused and don't want any complications on arrival and during our stay. I need to to be able to take the car and come and go if possible. I still feel the HR is taking the mickey with their parking charges!

Thanks
Old Jul 15, 2010, 8:03 pm

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Could someone post the definitive answer to parking at SF HR? I have tried to look up Embarcadero parking to clarify costs, location, etc but get totally confused and don't want any complications on arrival and during our stay. I need to to be able to take the car and come and go if possible. I still feel the HR is taking the mickey with their parking charges!

Thanks
Google is your friend.

http://www.embarcaderocenter.com/ec/...s.html#parking

There is no in/out privilege at the Embarcadero Center so you won't be able to come and go unless you pay each time, which could still be cheaper than the Hyatt. Yes, the cost is high at the Hyatt but it's on par with most major cities. Of course, we could debate whether that makes it right until we are blue in the face.
Old Jul 18, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Kalboz
We stayed at this property on a NBT award for three nights (June 27-30). As a Diamond, I requested and was upgraded to a nice spacious balcony suite (# 640).
Kalboz, how did you go about requesting the suite? I am trying to find a good contact and the Diamond line was completely unhelpful...
Old Jul 18, 2010, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by dtremit
Kalboz, how did you go about requesting the suite? I am trying to find a good contact and the Diamond line was completely unhelpful...
Since it was an award night, I'm not sure the Diamond line could do too much. Best bet may be to ask at check-in.
Old Jul 19, 2010, 12:25 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by dtremit
As kenbo stated, I asked for the upgrade at check-in. If FD Talia (formerly with the HROC) who usually is very good at recognizing Diamonds happens to be at work tell her that you are an FTer and she will do her best to accommodate you.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by skunker
Google is your friend.

http://www.embarcaderocenter.com/ec/...s.html#parking

There is no in/out privilege at the Embarcadero Center so you won't be able to come and go unless you pay each time, which could still be cheaper than the Hyatt. Yes, the cost is high at the Hyatt but it's on par with most major cities. Of course, we could debate whether that makes it right until we are blue in the face.
Thanks for your reply Skunker. Will probably depend how tired I am after driving from Bakersfield. Do you know are there in/out privileges with the Hyatt? Might make the difference.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 6:02 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Do you know are there in/out privileges with the Hyatt? Might make the difference.
There are in-out privileges with the $50/night Hyatt valet parking.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 8:32 am

There are in-out privileges with the $50/night Hyatt valet parking.
Thanks Kalboz
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Just spent another night at this great hotel, my last being about a year ago. It is indeed a gorgeous property. This stay we had room 1654, a club floor room, which faced nothing but another building on Drumm Street. It was very large and contemporary. My only objection was that the bathroom vanity/sink area is not separated from the bedroom by a door. If one person needs to get up and dressed earlier than the other, the noise will probably disturb the other. I don't remember this layout in the many other rooms I have stayed in at this hotel.

The club, as others have noted, is probably the best of all Hyatt properties in the U.S., and I have stayed at many. Evening selections were outstanding and even included clam chowder soup.

We stayed on the AAA Breakfast Rate. Unlike many Hyatt's which limit you to a mediocre buffet or a small credit towards a menu entree, this hotel gives you the choice of the buffet or any entree and beverage off the menu. The crab cakes Benedict were large and very tasty. The Grand Hyatt SF also gives guests on this plan the same options, while the Hyatt SFO Airport allows only the buffet or a $10 credit towards menu items.
Old Aug 5, 2010, 6:29 am

Programs: Amex Plat, DL Plat, UAL Silv, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diam, Avis First
Much has been said about this hotel. Here's my review

Just completed a 5 day trip to Northern California. We (Wife, me and 3.5 year old boy) stayed at 2 Hyatt Properties during our visits; Hyatt Regency San Francisco and Hyatt’s Highlands Inn in Carmel. This was our second visit to the Hyatt Regency in SF and the first to the Highlands Inn.

All in all, Hyatt Regency San Francisco did not disappoint. I’m a Diamond GP member and I redeemed 2 BW nights for the SF part of the trip and purchased an additional AAA breakfast rate night at the HR. I also redeemed a suite certificate for the purchased night which basically ended up getting carried over through the BW nights as well. The Junior suite we got was on the 9th floor wasn’t out of this world… Good bay view , large sitting area and a small bathroom… to put it differently, I didn’t take any pictures of the suite. The AAA rate (first night) included breakfast, which they allowed us to use on the second morning with no problem. We used Hyatt Fit workout room which is one of the better hotel gyms I’ve been to. We got access to the regency club, but with the free breakfast and dinner reservations around town, we only used it for afternoon snacks and beverages. We did stop over to try the hors d'oeuvre one evening and they had Mexican tacos. They were pretty good that we struggled on whether we should just have dinner there… we eventually went out for dinner reservation at the Slanted Door. Other than the breakfast, we didn’t eat at the Eclipse restaurant in the Atrium. We did however, order desserts from there and took it to our room one night. The fruit crisp was left in the oven for too long and it ended up burnt and wasn’t that great… and they didn’t have vanilla ice cream. We paid $25 for the rollaway bed.
Old Aug 6, 2010, 4:48 am

Programs: LH, United, Hyatt, Air France
This is one of the best clubs I have seen - the Tacos night is indeed great and food is kept warm - not lukewarm/cold like some other clubs. Too bad that the wine is cheap and terrible, it would have been a perfect evening.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:27 am

‘Tragic accident’ in hotel fountain

As reported by Ric' "Hotels in the News" ... Rest in Peace!

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2010...s-child-s-life

truly tragic especially in this property where we spend some time with our own toddler: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7624403908594/
Old Jan 13, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
As reported by Ric' "Hotels in the News" ... Rest in Peace!

http://www.sfexaminer.com/local/2010...s-child-s-life

truly tragic especially in this property where we spend some time with our own toddler: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7624403908594/
Very sad Although tragic, I hope this prevents others from falling in!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.