Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 8, 2010, 10:40 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Any FTer cares to comment or report from this property? How's the service affected by the walkout this morning?

We have a 3-night stay here at the end of this month.

See here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...k-off-job.html
Old Jun 8, 2010, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
I'll be there tomorrow. Should be interesting.
Old Jun 9, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Here now, workers are picketing out in front. It is loud. Some services are not being offered (room service) but otherwise it is operating as usual. Even the RC is open.

Still would have been nice to get a heads up email from Hyatt about this.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 3:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Virgin Atlantic
Have things been sorted out with the staff here? Don't want to book if there is still any possibility of disruption to our vacation.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 10:41 am

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
We were there last week (June 27-30) and all is normal. My review and comments about the property are coming up ... in the mean time enjoy the photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7624403908594/
Old Jul 4, 2010, 2:35 pm

We stayed at this property on a NBT award for three nights (June 27-30). As a Diamond, I requested and was upgraded to a nice spacious balcony suite (# 640). Offered the Diamond amenity and chose the points. The lobby of this hotel is amazing.

Room:
Room 640 is a one-bedroom balcony suite with about 600 square foot in size. Nice, well-appointed, spacious with lots of light and slight view of the bay bridge. The main bathroom with a whirlpool and shower and another small bathroom between the bedroom and living room that has a small TV in the mirror. The suite was clean and comfortable with two flat screen TVs one the bedroom and a larger one in the living room. Huge balcony about 200 sq ft in size with bedroom and living room access. We requested a baby crib and it was delivered promptly. We were on the 6th floor and daytime noise was tolerable but every night (between 12-4 am) there was a horrid loud humming noise coming from the underground directly under our balcony.

Service:
Excellent and attentive service by executive floor, housekeeping and other staff members. It is worthy to note that great service provided to us by Concierge Lex who without his assistance it would taking us much longer (and more expensive) to retrieve our towed vehicle ... a true 5-star service.

Turn down service was not performed or offered.

Valet parking is $50 per 24-hour period with unlimited in-out privileges.

Regency Club:
The regency club above the 17th floor is the best I have ever seen in terms of views and food offerings. Please see the photos. Children are allowed in the lounge.

Food:
Breakfast in the lounge was cont. Fruits, cereals, pastries, cheeses, juices, bagels, smoked salmon, hard boiled eggs, etc. were available in addition to hot beverages. Food offerings at happy hours (5-8 PM) were the best I have had in any lounge. Honor bar for alcohol, beer and wine but no premium brands.

We did not consume at any other F&B outlet in this hotel.

Excellent location right at the end of the California St. Cable Car and the Embarcadero and its pier on the other side. Attached to the property a nice dinning area with several ethnic food outlets (Japanese, Chinese, Thai, Pizza, etc.) The hotel is located at the edge of downtown with shopping is just a short walk away.

My total bill for incidentals was about $58 and we paid it with a Hyatt Check Certificates from Costco.

Overall, very nice and friendly property. See photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kalboz/...7624403908594/
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:20 pm

Does anybody know the email of this property?
Old Jul 4, 2010, 5:48 pm

From its fact sheet on Hyatt.com:

Hyatt Regency San Francisco
ADDRESS 5 Embarcadero Center, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
Phone 415-788-1234 FAX 415-981-3638
EMAIL [email protected]
Web www.sanfranciscoregency.hyatt.com
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:06 am

Thanks Kalboz for your excellent review. We stayed there as a family of four in August 2008 and intend revisiting this August. Only thing I object to is the extreme charges for the parking! Highest I have paid for any hotel I have stayed in.
Old Jul 5, 2010, 8:55 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by khitomer
Thanks Kalboz for your excellent review. We stayed there as a family of four in August 2008 and intend revisiting this August. Only thing I object to is the extreme charges for the parking! Highest I have paid for any hotel I have stayed in.
Park right next door at the Embarcadero Center for $32 a night.
Old Jul 8, 2010, 12:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Finally had the oppurtunity to stay at this property over July 4th weekend and must say the RC is beautiful. It looked like a typical rotating restraunt set up hence is HUGH! Rooms were nice and lobby is amazing.

Did anyone noticed a bunch of loud kids running around the RC while their fathers sat in a prime spot (over looking the bridge) for hours playing cards? What a pain in the B!
Old Jul 8, 2010, 2:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold
I was there on July 1st and 2nd before moving over to the Grand Hyatt. You are correct! The RC is beautiful and the food and beverage options were good. My least favorite part of the club were the crying children and the kids playing on the computers. Is it too much to ask that people watch their kids? It's the Regency Club not your living room.

The other thing about this property that I had forgotten was that the level of service declines when they have a convention. Lines at check-in, the consierge, the bell stand, and no one answering the phone anywhere. I detest the elevator situation here. It was not uncomman to wait 5 to 10 minutes for one that was not full.

The Regency S.F. and the Grand S.F. each have 6 elevators. I never have to wait long at the Grand and I'm usually on floor 30 or above. At the Regency it takes forever from floors 16 and 17.
Old Jul 11, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
It would also be nice if they had Kiosk's for checking in. Last time I was there I didn't see any. Does anyone know if there are any that I just didn't see?

Originally Posted by troyb
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9630/5.0.0.591 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Here now, workers are picketing out in front. It is loud. Some services are not being offered (room service) but otherwise it is operating as usual. Even the RC is open.

Still would have been nice to get a heads up email from Hyatt about this.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: Lots of faux metal
Just completed a weekend stay (Friday and Saturday) on the AAA breakfast rate. We checked-in early, ~10 am, but were told our room wasn't ready but it was being rushed. That was fine as we just wanted to drop our bags and go out into the city. The agent then informed me that we had been upgraded...to a suite...the presidential suite! I hadn't even requested a suite upgrade!

We came back a few hours later to retrieve our bags and keys and sure enough we were in 1740, "the best suite in the hotel." It was huge: living room with two couches and two chairs; a formal dining table with 6 chairs; a kitchen with full size fridge; a half bath off the dining room; bed room with desk with a Sony all-in-one computer and printer; and a full bath with shower and spa tub. At least 1500 sq feet. My wife wanted to know if we could move in.

Great hotel. Great stay.

FYI: On weekends you can park across the street at the Embarcadero Center for $3/hour or $2 for 4 hours if you get validated. We rented a car from the Budget in the lobby on Saturday and since they close at 1 pm the valet wanted $15/hour to hold on to it as we didn't need it until 3 pm. You can also drop the keys with the valet at night, before midnight, for $15 and avoid the $50 overnight parking fee.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by skunker
Just completed a weekend stay (Friday and Saturday) on the AAA breakfast rate. We checked-in early, ~10 am, but were told our room wasn't ready but it was being rushed. That was fine as we just wanted to drop our bags and go out into the city. The agent then informed me that we had been upgraded...to a suite...the presidential suite! I hadn't even requested a suite upgrade!

We came back a few hours later to retrieve our bags and keys and sure enough we were in 1740, "the best suite in the hotel." It was huge: living room with two couches and two chairs; a formal dining table with 6 chairs; a kitchen with full size fridge; a half bath off the dining room; bed room with desk with a Sony all-in-one computer and printer; and a full bath with shower and spa tub. At least 1500 sq feet. My wife wanted to know if we could move in.

Great hotel. Great stay.

FYI: On weekends you can park across the street at the Embarcadero Center for $3/hour or $2 for 4 hours if you get validated. We rented a car from the Budget in the lobby on Saturday and since they close at 1 pm the valet wanted $15/hour to hold on to it as we didn't need it until 3 pm. You can also drop the keys with the valet at night, before midnight, for $15 and avoid the $50 overnight parking fee.
Can you clarify what you mean about the parking? Do you mean the Hotel valet or that of the Embarcadero?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.