FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/134781-hyatt-regency-san-francisco-review-master-thread.html)

AAflyguy May 12, 2010 3:55 pm

Originally Posted by kenbo (Post 13943922)
I stayed at the hotel this past weekend with the AAA $89 rate. There were no problems at all.

This was my first trip to this hotel and it was great. The room was clean, had a great view of the bay the bed was comfortable and the RC Lounge had a nice spread in the evening and the morning. The coolest thing about the room was the TV in the bathroom mirror!

The evening spread consisted of some generously sized meatballs, mushroom and artichoke pizza, fresh veggies and a few other things. For breakfast there were bagels, toast/english muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs and smoked salmon.

Just curious, are you Diamond? I checked in as Platnium and they would not budge on Regency Club access :(

francophile May 12, 2010 6:46 pm

Originally Posted by AAflyguy (Post 13946716)
Just curious, are you Diamond? I checked in as Platnium and they would not budge on Regency Club access :(

Regency Club access is available for platinum members for a small surcharge, typically $75.

kishna May 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by francophile (Post 13947562)
Regency Club access is available for platinum members for a small surcharge, typically $75.

That $75 surchage would have been almost as much as my $83 rate this same weekend

kenbo May 12, 2010 9:01 pm

Originally Posted by AAflyguy (Post 13946716)

Yes, I am Diamond. Have you looked into the NOR1 upgrades? I tend to see that option on my confirmation screen all the time now. You might be able to find a room with RC Lounge access for a small(er) upgrade fee.

francophile May 13, 2010 1:38 am

Originally Posted by kenbo (Post 13948163)
Yes, I am Diamond. Have you looked into the NOR1 upgrades? I tend to see that option on my confirmation screen all the time now. You might be able to find a room with RC Lounge access for a small(er) upgrade fee.

Some of the Nor1 upgrades seem to be a good deal.

Another way to upgrade to the RC level is of course using the 3,000 point upgrade. If you're staying more than one night, or you're travelling with hungry/thirsty kids, it's worth it.

peteropny May 13, 2010 8:15 am

Originally Posted by francophile (Post 13949011)
Another way to upgrade to the RC level is of course using the 3,000 point upgrade. If you're staying more than one night, or you're travelling with hungry/thirsty kids, it's worth it.

I don't know what type of rates those 3,000 points are applicable to - the 6,000 point suite upgrades are only on fairly expensive rates. For Platinums with the "Platinum Extras" certs, don't forget that some of those can be used for RC/GC upgrades also - probably the best use of those certs.

kenbo May 13, 2010 12:16 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny (Post 13950171)
I don't know what type of rates those 3,000 points are applicable to - the 6,000 point suite upgrades are only on fairly expensive rates. For Platinums with the "Platinum Extras" certs, don't forget that some of those can be used for RC/GC upgrades also - probably the best use of those certs.

Got the following from the Hyatt Awards Page:

"1 When redeeming Regency/Grand ClubŪ Upgrades or Suite Upgrades at a resort property, you must pay a minimum of the prevailing deluxe rack rate (such as partial ocean view, ocean view, slope view, etc.). At non-resort properties you must pay a minimum of the prevailing rack rate."

kluau88 May 13, 2010 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by chanp (Post 13916848)
Looking forward to a stay there tomm night for 107 a night. They hotel called and said it was a mistake and should be 143 a night. I have print outs, so lets see what happens :)

Originally Posted by kishna (Post 13917197)
Hi there,
you might want to tell them that last night at around 8-9pm, their rates for Sat. night (5/8/10) plummeted. So I was able to book king room for the Peter Pan Package (PPAN) for $83.00 per night for tonight and tomorrow night and was able to book the AAA BREAKF rate for $89 for tomorrow night only for a second room.

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer (Post 13917624)
FYI: I also got the $89.00 AAA rate. This is no mistake, I've gotten this rate before at this hotel. Every so often during slow weekends they drop the rate for a few hours. I also booked a room at SFO for $71. Love it, Hyatt Place rates at full service hotels! FYI that Peter Pan Tent is an eyesore. UGLY.

Originally Posted by kenbo (Post 13943922)
I stayed at the hotel this past weekend with the AAA $89 rate. There were no problems at all.

This was my first trip to this hotel and it was great. The room was clean, had a great view of the bay the bed was comfortable and the RC Lounge had a nice spread in the evening and the morning. The coolest thing about the room was the TV in the bathroom mirror!

The evening spread consisted of some generously sized meatballs, mushroom and artichoke pizza, fresh veggies and a few other things. For breakfast there were bagels, toast/english muffins, pastries, hard boiled eggs and smoked salmon.

Wow those are some nice rates for the Hyatt Regency. I've never seen them that low if during the lull of winter.

abraxis May 14, 2010 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by kluau88 (Post 13952397)
Wow those are some nice rates for the Hyatt Regency. I've never seen them that low if during the lull of winter.

Wow, that's really cheap since Bay to Breakers is this Sunday...

Radiant Flyer May 14, 2010 9:24 pm

FYI: Those were rates for LAST WEEKEND. This weekend for Bay to Breakers the rate is $243.

Originally Posted by abraxis (Post 13960385)
Wow, that's really cheap since Bay to Breakers is this Sunday...

Steph58 May 16, 2010 8:58 pm

Another Great Stay

Used a suite upgrade which, per GP, entitled me to an Embarcadero Ste. At check-in asked if possibly I could get a balcony suite. No problem, she said I have a really nice one if you can wait an hour for it to be cleaned. Waited in RC, she called me on my cell to say it was ready, and had the key brought up to us in RC. Years ago I remember the customer service here was basically we-could-care-less, but evidently they've taken a new attitude. Now it ranks right up there.

Suite 1556 was very, very nice. Newly reburbished with 2 bathrooms. Separate bedroom down a hall. Sliding doors to the balcony from both the living room and the bedroom (so very long balcony). Nice patio furniture. Beautiful view of the Ferry Building and Bay Bridge. It would be the perfect room for 4th of July fireworks. RC again did not disappoint, one of the best at least in North America.

Parked at Embarcadero 3 for $32. Did check out the parking situation at Jack London Square. For those interested yes you can park overnight even though their web site & signs say no; I believe the cost would then be $12. Plus RT ferry ride for 2 is $25. So if you have the time and desire it would be a lovely alternative on a nice day. But it's not cheaper than just paying to park in SF.

troyb May 19, 2010 4:05 pm

Being a domestic property, I feel like I already know the answer, but here goes.

Are there any complimentary drinks in the lounge?

merrickdb May 19, 2010 5:47 pm

Anyone have any idea what breakfast is like in the restaurant? As a diamond I'll have RC access, but the AA breakfast rate works out to $5.18 more per night. Alternatively, the Costco rate with a $25 credit is the same $5.18 more per night than the non-breakfast rate. I suppose I could foresee ordering a couple of drinks to use the $25 credit, but I normally don't have much in the way of F&B spend at a city hotel in a developed country.

kenbo May 19, 2010 5:52 pm

Originally Posted by troyb (Post 13987954)
Being a domestic property, I feel like I already know the answer, but here goes.

Are there any complimentary drinks in the lounge?

Juice, water, soda and coffee are complimentary.

I believe the alcoholic beverages begin at $4 and go up to $8 or $10. I'm not really sure. I stuck with the free stuff!

Kalboz Jun 6, 2010 2:14 am

Originally Posted by kishna (Post 13947864)
That $75 surchage would have been almost as much as my $83 rate this same weekend

$35 extra per night for eStandby Upgrade for Regency Club City View, 385 sq. ft.

• Relax in our exclusive, top-floor, key-access Regency Club lounge with fantastic 360 degree view of San Francisco and the bay
  • Deluxe continental breakfast, mid-day snacks, evening hors d'oeuvres with honor cocktail/wine bar
  • Newly renovated luxury guestroom offers spectacular city views through dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows and a swivel LCD TV with connectivity adapters for your media player or computer
  • Lavish granite bathroom with built-in LCD TV in the mirror