Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 5:53 pm

justned mentions not being charged a destination fee. Is this fee waived for Globalists? or is this different than "resort fee"? (I realize justned was not a Globalist.) Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 6:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
justned mentions not being charged a destination fee. Is this fee waived for Globalists? or is this different than "resort fee"? (I realize justned was not a Globalist.) Thanks.
Destination fee is a another name for a resort fee but refereed mostly by hotels in big cities. In the WoH terms, it specifically names destination fees being waived for globalists on cash or points stays. It is also waived on all points stays for all members
Old Dec 10, 2019, 9:44 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT LIFETIME GLOBALIST, UAL SILVER, AA EXECUTIVE PLATINUM
I have always had it waived here but have had to check a few times and mention that it should be removed. We still get all the "perks" of the fee which is interesting. The fee includes a credit for f&b which I have actually used once.
Old Dec 21, 2019, 6:39 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
I'm slightly confused as to what is the standard suite here nowadays. The website lists all four suite types as 'premium suites' and nothing as a 'standard suite'. Having stayed here before using a TSU, I got a Balcony Suite. I assume this is no longer the case?
Old Dec 30, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
does anyone know if parking on award stays is included? I would guess so, regarding the website, but not sure!
Old Dec 31, 2019, 11:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows
does anyone know if parking on award stays is included? I would guess so, regarding the website, but not sure!
Answer to myself.just got confirmation email from Hyatt regency.parking is included on award.
Old Nov 19, 2020, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Any recent(ish) stays here? Wondering if they have any Breakfast options for Globalists.

Considering a stay here in mid-December while visiting San Francisco, it’d be between here and the Hyatt Centric Fisherman’s Wharf.

The downside to HR is parking since it’s not included currently since they don’t own their parking lot whereas at HC they do. We could fly in from LAX rather than driving up then take an Uber/Lyft we don’t mind.
Old Dec 1, 2020, 12:14 pm

Stayed here last week for one night. Came in early around 11:30 AM and surprisingly was able to check-in. Upgraded as an Explorist to a Bay View Room on the 11th floor. The lobby is mostly barricaded, with only 1/4 accessible around the front desk and cafe. All lobby seating is closed and only the main entrance is open next to the elevator bank. The small coffee bar looked open but I did not visit. Not sure if this happens all the time but the doorman checked keycards when entering the hotel. Did not automatically receive the 2pm checkout and had to ask later in the night. When checking out, we asked if we could store our luggage to grab a late lunch and the lovely woman at the front desk extended our checkout till 4:30 pm. The $25 destination fee was added to the bill but I did not argue since we had early check-in and late check-out.

The room was OK but felt a little dated and worn with several poorly patched fist-sized holes visible in the wall. Loved the architecture and balcony.
Old Dec 2, 2020, 12:46 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by Kman0010
Not sure if this happens all the time but the doorman checked keycards when entering the hotel.
Definitely not normal in my experience, although I haven't had any Covid-era stays there yet.
Old May 16, 2021, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Any advice on which Hyatt to pick in SF? I booked Park Central, but thinking of switching to Hyatt Regency (reviews of Grand Hyatt on here make me hesitant to book it). I'm a Globalist, so a nice breakfast would be appreciated...
Old May 17, 2021, 9:13 am
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by Cara332
Any advice on which Hyatt to pick in SF? I booked Park Central, but thinking of switching to Hyatt Regency (reviews of Grand Hyatt on here make me hesitant to book it). I'm a Globalist, so a nice breakfast would be appreciated...
If you're looking for a nice breakfast, you're pretty much going to be out of luck at all of them. Latest info from Hyatt on the web site is:

- Hyatt Regency: no F&B operations
- Grand Hyatt: no F&B operations
- Park Central: grab and go only
Old May 18, 2021, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by dw
If you're looking for a nice breakfast, you're pretty much going to be out of luck at all of them. Latest info from Hyatt on the web site is:

- Hyatt Regency: no F&B operations
- Grand Hyatt: no F&B operations
- Park Central: grab and go only
Oof, I'm feeling pretty dumb all of a sudden. I've been checking semi frequently on our upcoming stay at the Regency - just plugging in the nights we're staying and watching suite availability. I never realized that when making a mock booking on the app, the amenities that are still unavailable aren't greyed out like they are when you look at something you've already booked. I see the message you refer to when I click further, or look at my actual stay. When I go to the website, it says the market is open for breakfast and dinner five days a week - I wonder which is accurate. I tried to call, but was directed to leave a message, or send a text or email. I'll send off an email...

The Prive rate is attractive even without being able to use the credit, but without breakfast or the Market at all over the weekend? I maybe should switch to the Centric by the Wharf, where it looks like the market is open 24/7 and takeaway meals are available daily. Thank you for setting me straight - I'm much more able to deal with this today rather than when I'm arriving Friday at 11p.
Old May 18, 2021, 2:19 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by synergistic
When I go to the website, it says the market is open for breakfast and dinner five days a week - I wonder which is accurate.
Either I totally read the site wrong yesterday (I could swear it said something along the lines of "no F&B") or they've since updated it to reflect that the Market is open certain days of the week-- I'd definitely go with what the web site says.

(Edit to add- if you click through to the dining page it says the Market is closed, but again, I could swear the front page said everything was closed yesterday, so I think maybe they've just re-opened the Market.)
Old May 18, 2021, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by dw
Either I totally read the site wrong yesterday (I could swear it said something along the lines of "no F&B") or they've since updated it to reflect that the Market is open certain days of the week-- I'd definitely go with what the web site says.

(Edit to add- if you click through to the dining page it says the Market is closed, but again, I could swear the front page said everything was closed yesterday, so I think maybe they've just re-opened the Market.)
It's possible we caught them just now making changes, I'll be glad to hear back from the property. There are definitely still places where the Covid alert still says "currently unavailable: food service, bar service, regency club...' I was just focusing on the icons, thinking I was content with pretty much any offering, and it didn't occur to me that they could possibly have no options available at all. Grateful to be figuring this out now!

​​​​
​​
Old May 19, 2021, 12:12 pm

So they got back to me, the Market is reopening on Friday. It will be open through the weekend, and closed Tuesday and Wednesday. They are still figuring out the hours, as I understand it.

I'm still a little nervous about the stay generally - most of their answers to my questions were pretty vague - but I expect they'll do right by us somehow or another.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.