Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 9, 19, 6:53 pm

justned mentions not being charged a destination fee. Is this fee waived for Globalists? or is this different than "resort fee"? (I realize justned was not a Globalist.) Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 19, 7:08 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior View Post
justned mentions not being charged a destination fee. Is this fee waived for Globalists? or is this different than "resort fee"? (I realize justned was not a Globalist.) Thanks.
Destination fee is a another name for a resort fee but refereed mostly by hotels in big cities. In the WoH terms, it specifically names destination fees being waived for globalists on cash or points stays. It is also waived on all points stays for all members
Old Dec 10, 19, 10:44 am

Programs: MARRIOTT LIFETIME TITANIUM ELITE, HYATT GLOBALIST, UNITED SILVER, AMERICAN PLATINUM
I have always had it waived here but have had to check a few times and mention that it should be removed. We still get all the "perks" of the fee which is interesting. The fee includes a credit for f&b which I have actually used once.
Old Dec 21, 19, 7:39 pm

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob
I'm slightly confused as to what is the standard suite here nowadays. The website lists all four suite types as 'premium suites' and nothing as a 'standard suite'. Having stayed here before using a TSU, I got a Balcony Suite. I assume this is no longer the case?
Old Dec 30, 19, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
does anyone know if parking on award stays is included? I would guess so, regarding the website, but not sure!
Old Dec 31, 19, 12:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Dia, MM, DGAEZ
Originally Posted by Onewhoknows View Post
does anyone know if parking on award stays is included? I would guess so, regarding the website, but not sure!
Answer to myself.just got confirmation email from Hyatt regency.parking is included on award.
Old Nov 19, 20, 11:57 pm

Any recent(ish) stays here? Wondering if they have any Breakfast options for Globalists.

Considering a stay here in mid-December while visiting San Francisco, itíd be between here and the Hyatt Centric Fishermanís Wharf.

The downside to HR is parking since itís not included currently since they donít own their parking lot whereas at HC they do. We could fly in from LAX rather than driving up then take an Uber/Lyft we donít mind.
Old Today, 1:14 pm

Stayed here last week for one night. Came in early around 11:30 AM and surprisingly was able to check-in. Upgraded as an Explorist to a Bay View Room on the 11th floor. The lobby is mostly barricaded, with only 1/4 accessible around the front desk and cafe. All lobby seating is closed and only the main entrance is open next to the elevator bank. The small coffee bar looked open but I did not visit. Not sure if this happens all the time but the doorman checked keycards when entering the hotel. Did not automatically receive the 2pm checkout and had to ask later in the night. When checking out, we asked if we could store our luggage to grab a late lunch and the lovely woman at the front desk extended our checkout till 4:30 pm. The $25 destination fee was added to the bill but I did not argue since we had early check-in and late check-out.

The room was OK but felt a little dated and worn with several poorly patched fist-sized holes visible in the wall. Loved the architecture and balcony.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: