Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 1, 2017, 9:23 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gtarr
The window insulation with balcony room is terrible as you can hear loud street noise and cable car noise early morning even 10 floors up. Non balcony rooms may be quieter.
It's true of all the rooms. Very cheap windows. You really don't want to be on the side of the building where you can hear the California Street cable car line.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:14 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Stayed overnight on the 31st. P+C+DSU into 12th floor Balcony Suite. Service was efficient, but nothing spectacular to note. 50 F&B credit chosen as Diamond Amenity. Valet remains costly. Almost cheaper to Amtrak the two of us down from Sac than it is to park for a night.
Had a good meal for dinner at eclipse-- crab cakes and French fries and a couple cocktails. SO enjoyed Filet.
I asked the front desk if we'd be able to see the fireworks from our room. That was a mistake. He said they would be launched south of the Ferry building and we would not be able to see them from the room.
That was wrong.
We left the hotel at 11:45, got into the thick of the crowd at the Embarcadero at 11:50, realized 3 minutes later we did not want to be there. In the elevator at 12:00, room at 12:01.

Bed shortly after fireworks ended. We had previously noted noise from nightclub and had housekeeping send earplugs. Those on top of an included Homemedics noise-maker was sufficient for my SO. I was awake anyway, and noted club music ending at 1:30. Not sure if that's the norm or just for NYE. Would certainly ruin a lot of people's nights if that is consistant. I can handle the normal city noise otherwise.
Breakfast at eclipse was decent. Buffet selection was mediocre. Maybe mildly better than club selection.
Speaking of which, as noted by many... no 2500 points offered for club closure. Wonder how many Diamonds they're ripping off in that regard. Will call GP soon to claim those.
Presuming I can do the same P+C+DSU for next NYE, I will stay at this property once more. I'd like to be in the club for the fireworks. Even better a view than we had.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:02 pm

Programs: United GS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold
I usually just come to this hotel on new years Eve for the sole purpose of viewing fireworks without going outside....

Now I've done it two years in a row...
Old Jan 7, 2017, 1:42 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K; VS Gold; IHG Spire Royal Ambassador; Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Diamond; M Life Plat
Newly Remodeled Regency Club @ Hyatt Regency San Francisco Embarcadero is now open

Just checked out of the SF Hyatt Regency Embarcadero and the new remodeling of the club is complete and now open. They opened it yesterday midday.

New RC has all new furniture and looks like the face-lift gave it some new life. Sadly the views were not there today with the storm and rain.

Just an FYI that it's now open
Old Jan 13, 2017, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by hdfdisk
I usually just come to this hotel on new years Eve for the sole purpose of viewing fireworks without going outside....

Now I've done it two years in a row...
Which room numbers or side of hotel are good for fireworks viewing?
Old Jan 17, 2017, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by FatB
Which room numbers or side of hotel are good for fireworks viewing?
Not sure about regular rooms, but the balcony suites are great. At least 12th floor and above (havent gone any lower)
xx56
Old Jan 24, 2017, 4:16 am

Programs: QF WP, WoH Glob, Accor Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Had a pleasant stay early Jan for 4 nights with a DSU. Assigned a Balcony Suite on the 15th floor. Room was fairly large and well furnished, however had a tiny bathroom. The shower especially was rather tight. Liked the FloWater station just outside the elevators. Had to explicitly request, and follow up regarding the 2500 points for lounge closure.

Valet parking ($62) and charge to receive packages ($20) were quite high. Much better parking rate at Embarcadero Center and only a couple of minutes walk away.

The assistant director reached out shortly after checking in and was happy to listen to any feedback, so top marks for customer service. Would stay again.
Old Jan 28, 2017, 7:24 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Doing a weekend in the city and wanted to check out the updated club...

Ummmm.... I actually liked the old seating lay out better. The food service area is improved but the seating looks cafeteria style, not loungy. Also flies... there are flies flying around landing on the food.

Having just spent a month staying at Hyatt's in South America... Santiago, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Montevideo and Sao Paulo, this club / hotel is horrible. Food is blah, wines are cheap, kids running around.... One reason why I avoid domestic Hyatt's ... food and beverage is awful.

WHAT IS WITH THE $35 CHARGE PER GUEST UP TO 4 PEOPLE.....
I was told by the front desk 1st person is free second guest $35.....HELL NO!!!

Club Service is actually good.

Last edited by Radiant Flyer; Jan 28, 2017 at 7:39 pm
Old Jan 29, 2017, 2:27 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
It's general policy in most lounges that only registered people actually staying at the hotel are free. You are in no way entitled to have free guests.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 8:17 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
Doing a weekend in the city and wanted to check out the updated club...

Ummmm.... I actually liked the old seating lay out better. The food service area is improved but the seating looks cafeteria style, not loungy. Also flies... there are flies flying around landing on the food.

Having just spent a month staying at Hyatt's in South America... Santiago, Buenos Aires, Mendoza, Montevideo and Sao Paulo, this club / hotel is horrible. Food is blah, wines are cheap, kids running around.... One reason why I avoid domestic Hyatt's ... food and beverage is awful.

Club Service is actually good.
Speaking of South American clubs, I recently stayed at the GH Rio and the evening food offerings there were pathetic and the service poor.
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:29 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
It's general policy in most lounges that only registered people actually staying at the hotel are free. You are in no way entitled to have free guests.
which is why I always put four guests on the reservation. Just in case.
Old Feb 1, 2017, 11:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I strongly disagree.. you want bad food and cheap wine go to SFO, SF Regency. I have over 30 years in the food and beverage industry.... I know good food, wine and service when I see it. You base your experience on 1 stay. I base mine on multiple stays over several years.

The front desk upon check in gave me the wrong information. They told me I would be charged for a second guest even tho they were staying with me. When I went up to the club they told me no charge. When I check out no charge for the second guest. So.... the front desk gave me the wrong info. In the end it was a nice stay, but the food was bland, wines were cheap. When I check out I had no F&B charges on my bill, so I was happy.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Speaking of South American clubs, I recently stayed at the GH Rio and the evening food offerings there were pathetic and the service poor.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 1:45 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Has anyone recently stayed in the Presidential Suite here? If so, do you have any pictures or even video? I can't find much online beyond the small pictures on the Hyatt website. Also, the website says there is more than one - how many are there? Are they very different from each other? Thanks.
Old Apr 7, 2017, 2:32 pm

-- took this a few years back, it includes one of their "Grande Suites". I don't think it's the largest of them, but I'm pretty confident it's the one with the best views. They've remodeled the room since, and I have yet to publish my video of it. Got lucky when I visited after coming back from PH Maldives, front desk said they were full up, so upgraded me free (Diamond at the time).
Here are some pictures:

Old Apr 7, 2017, 3:04 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Thanks joecool1885. The view looks good. I was specifically interested in the Presidential Suite because I booked it during a time when there is a big conference in town and I would like to use it to hold a lot of meetings. So I was wondering how well-suited it is for that. And it would be good to know about the balcony and view of the Presidential Suite(s).

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.