Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2016, 10:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
Why do I always have to ask about upgrade availability here? They never put me into a balcony room even if availability is wide open. Sigh.
That's pretty lame. I've never stayed in anything less than a balcony room. Typically use my annual free night cert here. Last time I went, it was packed, so they put me in their best suite. Of course it's mostly single night stays for me.
Old May 3, 2016, 11:38 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by joecool1885
That's pretty lame. I've never stayed in anything less than a balcony room. Typically use my annual free night cert here. Last time I went, it was packed, so they put me in their best suite. Of course it's mostly single night stays for me.
Im 50/50 at this property getting anything better than a standard "high floor room." @ 200/night or points. Your particular stats might be more lucky than others.
Old May 3, 2016, 12:26 pm

Programs: B6 Mosaic, Bonvoy LT Titanium (x SPG LT), IHG Spire, UA Silver
Originally Posted by austin_modern
Im 50/50 at this property getting anything better than a standard "high floor room." @ 200/night or points. Your particular stats might be more lucky than others.
They always seem to preassign a lesser category room than the best available. The same front desk agent checked me in a couple times and he noted when I arrived that he would put me in a balcony room but that was not the room assigned by web check in. Seems you either need to ask for a better room or hope the front desk agent knows you from a previous stay.
Old May 3, 2016, 2:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
What I would done after the rat encounter - walked over to the Ferry buildiing market and enjoyed great food - then presented the receipt to the manager on duty, asking for reimbursement.
Good luck with that one!
Old Jun 27, 2016, 11:01 pm

Originally Posted by frenchie2
Is it worth using a DSU for this hotel? I do have NYE booked Dec 31-Jan 2 on points + cash. I do need double beds so not sure if there is any suites with two beds. Booked the stay mainly for firework NYE!
How did ur stay go? I am also thinking to use a dsu bt not sure if they hav suite with 2 beds. Let me know. Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 1:05 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
As I was writing this review in the Regency Club, having dinner.. out in the corner of my eye I had seen something jump across the room.... I took a closer look then a rat jumped out and ran back into the kitchen area. I told the concierge, hung out for another 2 hours, no response from management. Poor management follow up.
Any update on the rat issue? has this been solved? Planning a stay there, so I'd appreciate an update. Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by anubond005
How did ur stay go? I am also thinking to use a dsu bt not sure if they hav suite with 2 beds. Let me know. Thanks.
Pretty Confident none of their suites have 2 beds. Stayed in their best suite, and it had a couch and a kind. Same for the balcony suite I stayed in.

Originally Posted by 59Impala
Any update on the rat issue? has this been solved? Planning a stay there, so I'd appreciate an update. Thanks.
I wouldn't avoid this hotel because of rats reported. I've been here many times and seen none. Doesn't mean the problem doesn't exist, but unless you think you might smash through the lounge window to your death ~16 floors below at the sight of one, I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jun 28, 2016, 7:33 pm

Last time I was at the HR (more than a year ago) I asked about suites with 2 bed and there were none. They did happily provide a roll away at no charge and that was just fine with my daughter, YMMV.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:11 pm

For those who haven't heard the devastating news, this hotel changes from Category 4 to Category 5 on August 1st. Probably one of the top hotels in the U.S to use Hyatt Visa annual night. No more :-(
Old Jul 5, 2016, 7:58 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by joecool1885
For those who haven't heard the devastating news, this hotel changes from Category 4 to Category 5 on August 1st. Probably one of the top hotels in the U.S to use Hyatt Visa annual night. No more :-(
Agreed.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
The last I heard the hotel was undergoing a remodel. Is that now complete? Did they do anything with the guest rooms or was it just a lobby remodel?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 9:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
They only remodeled the lobby and event space.... non regency club rooms are still awful, from my sources still trying to get rid of the rats.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
The last I heard the hotel was undergoing a remodel. Is that now complete? Did they do anything with the guest rooms or was it just a lobby remodel?
Old Jul 5, 2016, 10:56 pm

Just have to say, the whit Hyatt Regancy sign facing the cable cars looks awful. It just looks really out of place with the building, neighborhood, etc... My .02
Old Jul 8, 2016, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
They only remodeled the lobby and event space.... non regency club rooms are still awful, from my sources still trying to get rid of the rats.
Staying here late July for 1 night as Diamond. Wondering what to request at the front desk for a C+P stay? Should I use a DSU? Would like something that's remodeled if possible.

Also, any recent stay experiences regarding the lounge and parking (garage vs valet vs street)? How is the breakfast/evening cocktails? From the pictures of the spread, I'm imagining something similar to the Club at the GH San Diego.

Thanks y'all!
Old Jul 9, 2016, 1:40 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by supermintyfresh
Staying here late July for 1 night as Diamond. Wondering what to request at the front desk for a C+P stay? Should I use a DSU? Would like something that's remodeled if possible.

Also, any recent stay experiences regarding the lounge and parking (garage vs valet vs street)? How is the breakfast/evening cocktails? From the pictures of the spread, I'm imagining something similar to the Club at the GH San Diego.

Thanks y'all!
I almost always get a balcony king room upgrade as a diamond. You often have to ask though.

Lounge spread is much better than the GH San Diego. More hot options for dinner.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.