Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Others that then the standard bestparking.com, any other recommends for weekend parking?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by thucanhho
Others that then the standard bestparking.com, any other recommends for weekend parking?

Thanks!
Closest is the underground garage at 4 Embarcadero Center at $34 a day on weekends (no in and out privileges) which certainly is a whole lot cheaper than the hotel valet which is $59 plus tax (but has in and out).
Old Oct 14, 2015, 12:37 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
I hope more people are scared away from this "dump," so my favorite Hyatt in the US will be less crowded for me whenever I stay there.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 2:57 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by nineworldseries
I hope more people are scared away from this "dump," so my favorite Hyatt in the US will be less crowded for me whenever I stay there.
I don't find it to be a dump by any means, and its my preference for SF, but I'm curious why it's your favorite. Have you been to any of their Hawaiian properties? Florida? D.C, NY?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Closest is the underground garage at 4 Embarcadero Center at $34 a day on weekends (no in and out privileges) which certainly is a whole lot cheaper than the hotel valet which is $59 plus tax (but has in and out).
Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 2015, 3:29 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
If you're only parking at night, there is free street parking on the other side of Embarcadero Ctr (it's either Clay or the extension of Clay whatever the name is). Just carefully read the signs for parking since the City has the most complicated parking rules (time of day, day of week, truck loading zone, cleaning times etc).

I've often parked in this stretch safely (although I have a handicapped parking placard - which allows for parking during parking times - not cleaning or truck loading times) when staying at the Le Meridien (old Park Hyatt).
Old Oct 17, 2015, 7:47 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Originally Posted by joecool1885
I don't find it to be a dump by any means, and its my preference for SF, but I'm curious why it's your favorite. Have you been to any of their Hawaiian properties? Florida? D.C, NY?
It's all about the location and the lounge for me. Best location in the country for my travel patterns, right on top of the Embarcadero BART. The lounge is absolutely fantastic as well. It's the perfect storm of location, value (15k points/7.5k P+C which is often available), and Diamond treatment.

Never stayed in Hawaii (WN doesn't fly there) or any Hyatts in Florida (no desire to spend time in Florida). I've stayed at the Hyatt Arlington and Capitol Hill in DC but never at the PH or GH. Done both Andazes in NY as well as Herald Square.

Also love the GH Seattle and the PH Beaver Creek for location/amenities.
Old Oct 31, 2015, 11:44 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
If you're only parking at night, there is free street parking on the other side of Embarcadero Ctr (it's either Clay or the extension of Clay whatever the name is). Just carefully read the signs for parking since the City has the most complicated parking rules (time of day, day of week, truck loading zone, cleaning times etc).

I've often parked in this stretch safely (although I have a handicapped parking placard - which allows for parking during parking times - not cleaning or truck loading times) when staying at the Le Meridien (old Park Hyatt).

PARKING UPDATE:

I drove down Clay which had meters from 7am to 6pm with street cleaning M-W-F. When I was there most of the most of the meters were covered so can't be used. I do love it that San Fran meters accept credit cards at the meter rather than pay station.

I ended up parking at 3 Embarcadero as recommended upstream for $34. The entrance and exit are across from Drumm 1/2 block north of HR, so a great option.

Thanks again for advice.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 5:03 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
Just came back from a stay at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero. The atrium is undergoing a major renovation. The Eclipse restaurant doesn't exist at the moment. Breakfast (buffet only) is being served at the far end of the hotel in a conference room.

They gave us a quiet room away from the atrium construction. Other than the atrium being torn up, it was another great stay there.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 8:39 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Atrium Construction

I was here last night around 5 p.m. Heads up that there is major construction in the atrium lobby. Much of the lobby is blocked off and the lobby bar and restaurant are closed. The noise from the power tools in the enclosed atrium space was pretty much unbearable. I would recommend avoiding this property until they're done with these unannounced renovations.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
I was in 954 near the end of a hallway and didn't hear much of the noise and it stopped each night just after 5pm.

The hotel should have made some sort of announcement about the construction, but whatever. I did get a kick out of some people riding the elevators for the views only to see one lonely tree with most of the rest being just a dark torn up space.

And here I was expecting a bright festive beautiful lobby all decorated for Christmas. Not.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 8:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
I was in 954 near the end of a hallway and didn't hear much of the noise and it stopped each night just after 5pm.
But it's really awful before that (or at least it was when I stopped by to meet clients for a drink).

They also did not announce the recent construction in the entryway, which is still in progress. It makes arrival and departure, particularly by vehicle, and particularly on foot from the Embarcadero Center side, a real hassle. The front doors were closed as of Monday and vehicles still could not access the covered porte-cochere.

Pretty bad that the hotel does not disclose all this construction during the booking process.
Old Dec 20, 2015, 11:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
They have a really good AAA rate right now which includes parking. So I thought I pay this hotel a visit this weekend. I now remembered why I have not stayed here in a very long time.

Besides the view the Regency Club is god awful, junk food, lots of tourist, sort of reminds me of the hometown buffet/Walmart crowd. They had fried chicken strips, a terrible pasta, cheeses and meat. Kids running around, babies crying etc. etc.

Also one reason why I don't like Regency Clubs, the free food mentality, even if it's junk food is repulsive. People lining up and hoarding food like it's their first meal in 2 months.

No thank you to Regency Clubs
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:08 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by tmorse6570

The hotel should have made some sort of announcement about the construction, but whatever. I did get a kick out of some people riding the elevators for the views only to see one lonely tree with most of the rest being just a dark torn up space.

And here I was expecting a bright festive beautiful lobby all decorated for Christmas. Not.
Originally Posted by Kacee
But it's really awful before that (or at least it was when I stopped by to meet clients for a drink).

They also did not announce the recent construction in the entryway, which is still in progress. It makes arrival and departure, particularly by vehicle, and particularly on foot from the Embarcadero Center side, a real hassle. The front doors were closed as of Monday and vehicles still could not access the covered porte-cochere.

Pretty bad that the hotel does not disclose all this construction during the booking process.
Entryway seems clear now. Easy walks from Ferry Building side, BART station, etc. Vehicles getting to the covered area too.

I was in a xx29 series room this weekend and couldn't hear construction from my room. In the lobby itself the noise is awful, but the high floor room was unnoticeable to me at least.
Old Jan 22, 2016, 10:29 pm

The hotel room service told me they're closing down in three months and will no longer offer in room dining? Anyone else heard this? Sounds crazy at a convention hotel.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.