Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2015, 12:26 pm
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tmorse6570
1. Do all Club Level rooms have kings?
There are double bedded rooms on the Club Level floor.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:23 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
1. Do all Club Level rooms have kings?

2. Is it possible to get Club lounge access using $ or points and keep a paid standard room with two beds?
As a Platinum, you have two choices: use 3,000 points per night for Club access, provided you are paying a Hyatt Daily rate, or just pay the rate for a Club level room. Sometimes you can get these rooms at an AAA rate.
Old May 30, 2015, 10:22 pm

Programs: Delta, Hertz, Hilton, Marriott
I called the hotel. They only have kings on the club level floors, but the AAA price is decent in December, so we're going to try it. I really want to check out the lounge.
Old May 31, 2015, 10:48 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
I called the hotel. They only have kings on the club level floors, but the AAA price is decent in December, so we're going to try it. I really want to check out the lounge.
You can always stay on a non club-level floor and still get club access if having two doubles is important. In the HRSF instance, the club level floors are not on the same "level" as the actual clubs.
Old May 31, 2015, 8:04 pm

We stayed on the club floor in a double room but I think it was an accessible room. I think it was also a connecting room. I do remember that I booked it as a BRG and the Hyatt BRG agent had to call the hotel directly to ensure two beds in the room.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 11:04 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond
I am staying here for one night this Monday night. I paid $394 after taxes!! This was the cheapest resort in the city due to WWDC? The website says 21+ to check in but I was assured by 2 people at the desk that I can check in at 18... I really hope they are right?!?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 1:03 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
The hotel is a dump, you could not pay me to stay at the Hyatt Regency SF.

Originally Posted by Mcdonoughdr
I am staying here for one night this Monday night. I paid $394 after taxes!! This was the cheapest resort in the city due to WWDC? The website says 21+ to check in but I was assured by 2 people at the desk that I can check in at 18... I really hope they are right?!?
Old Jun 7, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by Mcdonoughdr
I hope you got a name of a person you spoke with. Some hotels do have problems with guests under 21, although many 30-somethings can be as irresponsible as a 16 year old.

Despite what someone else said, the hotel is not a "dump". It was one of the first of the Hyatt atrium hotels designed by architect John Portman and built in 1973. I think the atrium is dramatic, although not as much so since they removed all of the plants that hung off of each floor into the atrium. I've stayed there many times. My only problems have been street noise if staying in rooms facing Market or Drumm streets. Also, some rooms have bathroom sinks/vanities in the room rather than closed off by a door. But other than that I've enjoyed the hotel and the Club. The staff is very accommodating.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 3:48 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton LT Diamond, AA LT Platinum
"Dump"

To call the SF HR a "dump" is one of the most ridiculous and absurd characterizations ever on FT. The RC is one of the best in the USA due to the view, and having a room with a balcony overlooking the Bay is great.

Making a gross generalization without any supporting data does a tremendous disservice to anyone contemplating a stay.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:39 pm

As others have said, calling this hotel a dump is beyond absurd and idiotic. This hotel has a GREAT location, an excellent club and the rooms are perfectly nice.

Of course, after reading the other posts from the complainant, I understand. Complain, whine, gripe, moan, complain, cry, insult, etc etc etc.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver
Originally Posted by antonius66
As others have said, calling this hotel a dump is beyond absurd and idiotic. This hotel has a GREAT location, an excellent club and the rooms are perfectly nice.

Of course, after reading the other posts from the complainant, I understand. Complain, whine, gripe, moan, complain, cry, insult, etc etc etc.

Not to mention this hotel can be quite a valuable use of points as a category 4 hotel (Hyatt cc free night or 15,000 points/night).
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:06 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by antonius66
after reading the other posts from the complainant, I understand. Complain, whine, gripe, moan, complain, cry, insult, etc etc etc.
Regarding Hyatt Place NY: /Midtown: "...you would have to pay me to stay at this dreadful hotel."
Regarding Hyatt Regency Santa Clara: "The Hyatt Santa Clara is a dump"
Regarding HR San Francisco: "The hotel is a dump, you could not pay me to stay at the Hyatt Regency SF."

Theme???

The last positive thing the complainant said about Hyatt was 2 years ago.

On a slight tangent.... I've stayed in a room at a motel attached to a bar with a less than comfortable bed, and I didn't consider that a dump. I haven't stayed at that many Hyatt's (about 15-20ish), but all of them far exceeded the quality of said motel.
If you're calling a Hyatt hotel a dump, the problem is more likely to be with you and your standards than with the hotel.

Originally Posted by BrettMCA
Not to mention this hotel can be quite a valuable use of points as a category 4 hotel (Hyatt cc free night or 15,000 points/night).
100%... used my annual night 2 of 3 years at this location. A lot of value to be had.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 12:51 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
You have got to be serious, calling the SF Regency one of the best hotels in the USA!!!

Everyone has different standards I'm happy you think it's one of the best. But for me I would say this hotel is not even close to being one of the best in San Francisco and certainly not in the USA. I have lots of positive post about Hyatt... read my reviews about the NYC properties.

I for one, compared to other Hyatt's see this property as a dump. The tiles in the Hyatt Regency SF are old and dirty, the lobby is cold and empty. They need to renovate and modernize that atrium lobby like they did at the Hyatt Regency Ohare and Atlanta.

FYI': The Marriott Marquis in NYC and Atlanta also have huge Atrium lobbies, both hotels atrium lobbies have been renovated and modernized, they are stunning.^^^ Hyatt has let the Hyatt Regency SF go down hill, it shows it age in a tired and sad way.

As a hotel junkie and native of San Francisco, this was one of my favorite hotels, I have watched it go down hill. It's not ridiculous to call it a dump.

Originally Posted by HookEm
To call the SF HR a "dump" is one of the most ridiculous and absurd characterizations ever on FT. The RC is one of the best in the USA due to the view, and having a room with a balcony overlooking the Bay is great.

Making a gross generalization without any supporting data does a tremendous disservice to anyone contemplating a stay.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:30 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by HookEm
I agree the comment is ridiculous, but I think most people who read these things know how to filter for trolls.

Originally Posted by Radiant Flyer
You have got to be serious, calling the SF Regency one of the best hotels in the USA!!!
HookEm said the RC is one of the best in the US, not the hotel. I think that's accurate. The RC at HR SF has great views and the food is much better than any US RC I can think of. I'm not a fan of the hotel itself though. Wish SF had a really good Hyatt option.

Last edited by Kacee; Jun 13, 2015 at 2:03 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 11:45 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Kacee
RC is one of the best in the US, not the hotel. I think that's accurate. The RC at HR SF has great views and the food is much better than any US RC I can think of. I'm not a fan of the hotel itself though. Wish SF had a really good Hyatt option.
+1. I go more for the lounge than the rooms. I love to work up there with a view of the Bay Bridge, ferries, and east bay. Although the rooms in general frustrate me with several aspects, I have to admit that the bay view balconies are wonderful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.