Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 3, 14, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by whitesol View Post
My wife and I are here right now and we were upgraded to the suite as well. Very nice and so far no noise issue even though we are on the second floor. Great view in the RC, serving pizza pasta and calamari for snacks.
I spoke way too soon. I thought we got a free upgrade to a suite but the gold passport line somehow goofed to use my last diamond suite upgrade on his one night MR. After many calls and waiting hours for the twitter team to respond I think I may of fixed the issue. Still, I never made any mention of the suite so idk what happened over the phone.
Old Sep 10, 14, 9:18 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Suite Question:

So I'm booked into a Balcony Suite, which has so-so reviews. I'm really curious if the photo on their website: http://sanfranciscoregency.hyatt.com...31418.jpg.html
is really representative of the room. This makes it look like there's a tub right next to the balcony. Not that that'd be a bad thing, just curious, anyone stayed there?
Old Sep 10, 14, 10:41 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by joecool1885 View Post
So I'm booked into a Balcony Suite, which has so-so reviews. I'm really curious if the photo on their website: http://sanfranciscoregency.hyatt.com...31418.jpg.html
is really representative of the room. This makes it look like there's a tub right next to the balcony. Not that that'd be a bad thing, just curious, anyone stayed there?
I've stayed in two different balcony suite setups. One, on a high floor, had only one bathroom with no tub that was not near the balcony. The other, on a lower floor, had 1 1/2 bathrooms. The master bath did indeed have a tub (separate from the shower) with a window that overlooked the balcony.

The room with one bath on a high floor was a xx56 series. I think the other setup was the same but I don't recall.
Old Sep 10, 14, 11:48 pm

Originally Posted by SFOPhD View Post
I've stayed in two different balcony suite setups. One, on a high floor, had only one bathroom with no tub that was not near the balcony. The other, on a lower floor, had 1 1/2 bathrooms. The master bath did indeed have a tub (separate from the shower) with a window that overlooked the balcony.

The room with one bath on a high floor was a xx56 series. I think the other setup was the same but I don't recall.
Thanks for the info. The e-mail confirmation shows spa tub in the description, so if I end up without one I'll probably aim to change rooms, though I hear lower levels are a bit noisier. Estandby offers upgrade to the Grande Suite for 500: a bit pricey to get the best of both worlds, and it wouldn't be guaranteed anyway.

Last edited by joecool1885; Sep 11, 14 at 12:18 am Reason: E-Mail Confirmation Contained New Info
Old Sep 11, 14, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by joecool1885 View Post
Thanks for the info. The e-mail confirmation shows spa tub in the description, so if I end up without one I'll probably aim to change rooms, though I hear lower levels are a bit noisier. Estandby offers upgrade to the Grande Suite for 500: a bit pricey to get the best of both worlds, and it wouldn't be guaranteed anyway.
I actually like the SF HR, but I can't imagine that anything in the hotel would be worth $500+.
Old Sep 23, 14, 1:02 pm

Originally Posted by BobR View Post
I actually like the SF HR, but I can't imagine that anything in the hotel would be worth $500+.

Anyone notice that rates for weekends in Sept / October are crazy high -- least expensive are about $350. In past, was able to book rates in high $100 and low $200s.
Old Sep 23, 14, 2:24 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by FatB View Post
Anyone notice that rates for weekends in Sept / October are crazy high -- least expensive are about $350. In past, was able to book rates in high $100 and low $200s.
I feel as if rates in SF are generally ridiculous this year. I see it at most Hyatts, Marriotts, and Kimptons (those are just the ones I monitor). Seems to be the increased market demand and lower occupancy rates.
Old Sep 23, 14, 4:16 pm

Definitely noticed. I'm doing points+cash HR Embarcadero fleetweet weekend, but saw the rates were 500+. Looks like on a couple weekends there's no availability even!
Old Sep 23, 14, 4:32 pm

I live here, its convention time. Welcome to VmWorld, TechCrunchDisrupt, Folsom Street Fair, Fleet Week and Oracle World. Its SUPER busy in "The City" right now.
Old Sep 23, 14, 6:42 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
I still see some corporate rates in the low 200s.
Old Sep 24, 14, 4:13 pm

Programs: UA 4.1MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak S+; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
I was just there for a two-night stay at $100+points+DSU, and found the xx56 room to be terrific: Living room, bedroom, 1-1/2 baths, and large balcony. The only complaint on the stay was that the RC closes at 9pm; it should be no earlier than 10pm. A lot of people (including me!) had come in after dinner to enjoy the RC, and kicked out by staff promptly at 9pm.
Old Sep 24, 14, 7:01 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA EXP; AS 75K; UA 1K 1MM; Marriott Ambassador; Hilton Diamond (Aspire); Hyatt Explorist
As noted above, September is convention time. Rates have been in the $400-600 range the past few weeks.

Just scored a $198 AAA rate for this weekend; prices dropped just today.
Old Nov 5, 14, 1:50 pm

Programs: AA EXPLAT, HYATT GLOBALIST, AS75K
Originally Posted by Kacee View Post
As noted above, September is convention time. Rates have been in the $400-600 range the past few weeks.

Just scored a $198 AAA rate for this weekend; prices dropped just today.
I just booked first week of December for $450 a night! Nothing available in the city right now due to conventions.

As a diamond, what kind of upgrade will I receive for four night stay? Are the amenities (lounge, breakfast) still really bad?

Thanks!
Old Nov 5, 14, 2:15 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by ThreeA4Me View Post
I just booked first week of December for $450 a night! Nothing available in the city right now due to conventions.

As a diamond, what kind of upgrade will I receive for four night stay? Are the amenities (lounge, breakfast) still really bad?

Thanks!
The lounge at the HR SF is the best in the city. You may get a balcony room and/or a regency floor. Likely you won't get anything more than that.

Hopefully its on ER cause 450/night is rough for this hotel.
Old Nov 5, 14, 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by austin_modern View Post
The lounge at the HR SF is the best in the city. You may get a balcony room and/or a regency floor. Likely you won't get anything more than that.

Hopefully its on ER cause 450/night is rough for this hotel.
+1

Search this Thread
Search Engine: