Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2011, 3:18 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
None of it is cheap but the parking garage at 4 Embarcadero Center would be the best bet. It's a short walk through the center to the Hyatt- about 1 block.
Note that there are several garages under the Embarcadero Center -- the one closest to the Hyatt (#4) closes during the late night hours. (There is a security guard who can let you in, but it's a hassle.)

I'm fairly sure the 1 Embarcadero Center garage is open 24 hours. I've never tried 2 or 3.

As I recall, cost per 24 hours is ~$32. Notably, for shorter periods, merchants validate the EC parking. If you're leaving Sunday, parking in EC until 6PM Saturday, validating with a merchant, and then finding a street space may be an almost no-cost option, but takes some effort.
Old Oct 5, 2011, 11:20 pm

Programs: UA, AA, SPG
Check out http://sanfrancisco.bestparking.com/index.php

Even as a local, I use this website to look for the best garage options in the city.
Old Oct 7, 2011, 11:43 am

Programs: AS 75K,UA Gold 1.6MM, Hilton Dia, Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Glb, Natl Exec, Hertz 5*
If you are flying in, don't get a car. Take the BART into town and stay at the Hyatt and use public transportation to get around. Then, when you leave, rent a car from an in-city location one-way to SFO. I have found the rates to be very good and you get a day to go places where you need a car, or rent for the rest of your stay if you will be out of the city.

(I typically stay at the Grand Hyatt and rent my car from National about two blocks away)
Old Oct 25, 2011, 9:16 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, Chase Ultimate Rewards
Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for laundry (dress shirts, a suit, and some regular items)? I went to Napa for a few days before my stay and realized I didn't bring enough clothes for my entire trip. I would prefer not to have to buy new clothes in a rush.

Thank you.

ERQ
Old Oct 25, 2011, 10:18 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Has anyone stayed at the hotel in the past week or so and can comment as to whether there is any noise coming from the Occupy San Francisco encampment which is in the plaza adjacent to the hotel.
Old Oct 26, 2011, 6:54 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok - I've deleted quite a few posts with personal commentary about parking "secrets". Please do not continue that line of discussion but focus on the property which is the subject of the thread.

peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:59 am

Programs: United 1k | Hyatt Diamond?, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime) | IHG Platinum | Avis Chairman
Was there this past week... Yes noise

Has anyone stayed at the hotel in the past week or so and can comment as to whether there is any noise coming from the Occupy San Francisco encampment which is in the plaza adjacent to the hotel.
I stayed at this hotel last week and had a few noise issues. I was on the 17th floor and didn't expect noise from anything. However, the street noise from my room was prevalent. One morning the Occupy San Fran people were freaking out because of the Oakland situation the day prior - the result was a lot of shouting. But even worse, was the next morning when it was Hyatt employees picketing outside. They had bull horns and started early in the morning making tons of noise. I wouldn't have know they were Hyatt employees because I couldn't understand what was being shouted, but the front desk woman checking me out was open discussing the problem and the picketing. Between the noise, time-adjustment, and some late night entertaining; this stay was not restful.

However, I must say that in general the Occupy San Fran people were fairly calm. I took a long walk back to the hotel one night after a few drinks only to discover myself sharing a block with the campers. It was about 2AM and a few of them were up - no problems, just a few silent hellos.

I also had two one-night stays at the HR SFO when I arrived and flew out last week. This hotel was also nice and had a very friendly staff (save for the RC staff and driver of the shared Marriott/Hyatt bus [David] who was rude and drove like a drunkard).

Last edited by jisaac; Oct 29, 2011 at 12:02 pm Reason: clarification.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 11:35 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
FYI: The Occupy San Francisco is of little issue when in comes to noise at this hotel. The noise issue at this hotel comes from some Asian guy who thinks he can play the saxophone. He plays almost every night at the cable car turn around at California and Market right under the hotel until 11:00 PM!!! It's the same songs over and over again... If your room is located in this area bring some ear plugs.

Old Dec 9, 2011, 1:49 am

RC menu?

Anyone know what's usually on the RC menu (i.e. "hot" item?) on Fri and Sat nights these days? (Besides the usual cheese, etc.) Which night is usually taco night? Thanks.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 8:01 am

Stayed there last Saturday night and it was meatballs.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 10:37 am

Stayed there last Saturday night and it was meatballs.
I've been here twice on a Saturday and it was also meatballs. That must be the schedule.
Old Jan 9, 2012, 4:50 pm
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
The Regency Club here is very good. Nice view of the bay and quite yummy food too. The front desk is generally very helpful and will try to help you as much as possible.

For the schedule of the hot food, I remember the very nice girl who works there told me the following:

Monday - Pie or something, I can't remember.
Tuesday - BBQ Spare ribs and potstickers (she said these are the best!)
Wednesday - Forgot
Thursday - Tacos and chicken wings
Friday - Calamari and something
Saturday - Meatball and something
Sunday - Tacos and chicken wings

Would gladly return here when the Hyatt promo at the end of the month starts ^
Old Jan 9, 2012, 4:55 pm

What promo ?
Old Jan 9, 2012, 5:02 pm
KKR
Formerly known as kkr

Programs: AA EXP, VX Gold, SPG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
What promo ?
I'm not sure what kind of promo but it's supposed to start at the end of the month. Any decent promo would definitely tip my stays towards Hyatt from Starwood.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 8:40 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
If there is going to be a prmo - no one is going to leak it. Apparently a CSR agent who leaked a promo detail last year was fired. They traced it back to a member who posted it here on flyertalk.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.