FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/134781-hyatt-regency-san-francisco-review-master-thread.html)

crystak Aug 27, 2011 10:31 pm

I've just completed a stay here and was upgraded to a Balcony Suite with a huge balcony, comfortable seating and an amazing view of the Ferry Building and Oakland Bridge. I couldn't have asked for a better view and I believe this is their top suite so I'm very pleased.

Of course, the room decor is a bit tired incomparable to the newly refurbished rooms at the GH but here it's all about the view and proximity to the Embarcadero centre, bike rental place, cable car station, market street, etc. so ideal for a leisure traveller.

The hors d'oeuvre is ok, better than average when compared to other Hyatts I've stayed at in US, including the GH SF.

portlandexpos04 Sep 5, 2011 7:31 pm

Just completed a stay here for the first time. Usually I'm at the Grand Hyatt, but I thought I'd give this one a try this time around. The front desk staff was very friendly, provided amenity list and diamond recognition, welcome letter and 4 PM check out (IMO, one of the best benefits of being a Diamond). I got a 16th floor room with a very large balcony and decent view of the Embarcadero Center and partial view of the Bay. I could also see the Transamerica Pyramid, which was very cool. No upgrade to suite was provided and I took the points instead of the amenity.

The room was standard Regency, but nice and spacious. I was amazed at how quiet the room was, despite the level of noise in the atrium and outside, once I shut the door, it was very quiet inside the room. Barely heard any noise from the neighboring rooms.

The atrium and architecture in this hotel is very, very cool and has a sci-fi feel to it, which I really liked.

The best part of this stay was the Regency Club at this property. Absolutely AMAZING 18th floor 360 degree view of the City and Bay/Bay Bridge. I spent a lot of time at this RC, more time than any other Hyatt property I've been to. After 5 PM, they have complimentary wine/beer, and had a pretty decent selection of food. I made myself a couple hard shelled tacos to go with my Anchor Steam beer. I also spent about 30 minutes on the massage chairs up in the RC and just stared out the window while sipping on my tea. Definitely a very relaxing experience.

The hotel is located right next to a Muni/BART station and a small shopping mall in the Embarcadero Center. Great location and only two stops from Union Square on either the Muni or the BART. Great location if you want to access points further out such as the Mission District or the East Bay, as you are on a BART line.

Valet staff were very good and friendly and remembered me throughout my stay by name.

All in all this was a very good stay and I'm pretty impressed with this property and it's staff.

tomasem Sep 6, 2011 1:48 pm

Just stayed here this weekend. Hotel was pretty much fully booked due to some large groups staying there.

Not the best stay - they weren't able to get us a room with two double beds on a club floor, and took 20 minutes to get us a room at all at check-in (at 10pm!), and had a couple issues with key activations. Were apologetic etc. so I think they handled things as best they could, but were clearly a bit overwhelmed at full capacity.

bbbb Sep 10, 2011 1:28 pm

Anyone here now, hows the service with the strike? Checking in tomorrow and still have a few hours to cancel if its not up to par.

HookEm Sep 11, 2011 12:11 pm

[QUOTE=portlandexpos04;17060368]Just completed a stay here for the first time.
The best part of this stay was the Regency Club at this property. After 5 PM, they have complimentary wine/beer, and had a pretty decent selection of food. I made myself a couple hard shelled tacos to go with my Anchor Steam beer.

With all due respect, I think this is flat-out wrong about the wine/beer. The RC uses a honors bar. On all the tables is a price list of libations, and you are suppose to fill out the form, drop it in a box, and the charge will show up on your final bill.

I suppose it is possible they have changed from a honors bar to free liquor, but I seriously doubt it.

cottonpatch Sep 11, 2011 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by bbbb (Post 17087215)
Anyone here now, hows the service with the strike? Checking in tomorrow and still have a few hours to cancel if its not up to par.

The only bad service here was from the "strikers" when I arrived. It was the rudest bunch of activists I've ever encountered. The hotel was functioning nicely and the service was excellent. I would go back even if I knew the "strike" was going on.

bbbb Sep 11, 2011 7:27 pm

[QUOTE=HookEm;17091284]

Originally Posted by portlandexpos04 (Post 17060368)
Just completed a stay here for the first time.
The best part of this stay was the Regency Club at this property. After 5 PM, they have complimentary wine/beer, and had a pretty decent selection of food. I made myself a couple hard shelled tacos to go with my Anchor Steam beer.

With all due respect, I think this is flat-out wrong about the wine/beer. The RC uses a honors bar. On all the tables is a price list of libations, and you are suppose to fill out the form, drop it in a box, and the charge will show up on your final bill.

I suppose it is possible they have changed from a honors bar to free liquor, but I seriously doubt it.

Here tonight and it is honor bar and NOT free!

portlandexpos04 Sep 12, 2011 10:49 am

[QUOTE=HookEm;17091284]

Originally Posted by portlandexpos04 (Post 17060368)
Just completed a stay here for the first time.

You are correct, this was a mistake in my post. My apologies for the confusion. After 5 PM beer and wine is available, but it is honor bar.

bbbb Sep 12, 2011 10:06 pm

If your staying here and don't have much baggage, Bart is the way to go for one or two people. More then two and a shuttle service might be cheaper. You come up out of the Bart tunnel and the Hyatt is right there.

The California cable car line also starts at the same place you exit from the tunnel. The F street car line runs right by the hotel also.

Using points (15,000 per night) is a steal for this hotel and location. The RC had one of the best spreads I have seen in a long time at a Hyatt hotel. The views from the club are outstanding!

lax 100K Oct 4, 2011 8:24 pm

Parking near SF Hyatt Regency

Hi,

Will be staying over the weekend at the SF Hyatt Regency.
Is there affordable parking nearby the hotel ?

Thanks.

JIMCHI Oct 4, 2011 8:47 pm

None of it is cheap but the parking garage at 4 Embarcadero Center would be the best bet. It's a short walk through the center to the Hyatt- about 1 block. Here's a link to the parking info:

http://www.embarcaderocenter.com/ec/...s.html#parking

bbbb Oct 4, 2011 9:09 pm

If your not going to need your car park it at the Colma Bart station and ride the Bart. Weekends are free parking and the Bart takes you 50ft from the Hyatt.

RichardInSF Oct 4, 2011 9:18 pm

There are areas around the hotel where the parking is free on Sunday, or at least there used to be. Try along California Blvd (the street the cable cars run on). Might even be free from 6pm Saturday if you get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it, SF is getting way aggressive with parking meters.

agrater Oct 4, 2011 10:11 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 17222063)
There are areas around the hotel where the parking is free on Sunday, or at least there used to be. Try along California Blvd (the street the cable cars run on). Might even be free from 6pm Saturday if you get lucky, but I wouldn't count on it, SF is getting way aggressive with parking meters.

Although SF is cracking down on parking, everything has gotten electronic. There are apps now that will point you to available spaces as well as costs.

SFO_Flyer Oct 4, 2011 11:48 pm

Most meter parking near the Hyatt (Davis, Sacramento, Front Streets) are in effect until 6pm and on Sunday its free all day. If you are going to be here this weekend, it might be tough with Fleet Week going on.