Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NYC Hyatts - best suites?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 6, 2003, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

NYC Hyatts - best suites?

Can anyone tell me which of the Hyatt properties in Manhattan (Stanhope, Grand, etc) have the best suites, and typically have regular rooms available for less than $225/night w/out using Priceline or similar services? I'd like to find something suitably showy for a weekend in early April to entertain a couple of friends who haven't been to NYC before. I'll probably use my Diamond upgrade cert - unless these properties happen to upgrade Diamonds to suites regularly, of course.

Thanks,
-Zombie-
Old Mar 7, 2003, 9:13 am

I am a diamond member and was upgraded last month to a beautiful junior suite at the Stanhope during a FFN stay. I had to ask for it; otherwise, they had only planned to upgrade me to a deluxe room, facing 5th Ave. The suite was spacious, with wonderful antique furniture that really gave the feeling of staying in an elegant apartment rather than a generic hotel room.
Old Mar 9, 2003, 2:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

I stay at this hotel about every month and am upgraded to beautiful suites 100% of the time. There are many different styles and sizes, including one that I had with a baby grand piano! Call the rooms division in advance and tell them you are a diamond looking for a suite upgrade. They will take care of you.

Keep in mind that, due to the location, there are very few "view" suites. If you get a suite on the west end of the hotel, you can look out over Grand Central to Park Ave; but there really aren't many breathtaking views. The hotel is surrounded by a lot of buildings.
Old Mar 10, 2003, 9:18 pm
Original Poster

Wow - upgrades to suites 100% of the time? In 70-80 nights at Hyatts as a Diamond, I've been upgraded to a suite exactly twice. I haven't stayed at the Stanhope before, but this still seems to good to be true. Appreciate the tips, though - I'll try giving them a call.

-Zombie-
Old Mar 12, 2003, 5:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Zombie:
Wow - upgrades to suites 100% of the time? In 70-80 nights at Hyatts as a Diamond, I've been upgraded to a suite exactly twice. I haven't stayed at the Stanhope before, but this still seems to good to be true. Appreciate the tips, though - I'll try giving them a call.

-Zombie-
</font>
The key is that the writer is a very regular guest at that hotel, not that the writer is a Diamond. I am a pretty regular guest at another Hyatt which is well known for NOT upgrading diamonds, and after a few years of regular stays (and arranging a group meeting or two), some suite upgrades started coming my way too, even though I was only a Platinum at the time.

Old Mar 13, 2003, 12:21 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
I seem to remember a really nice suite with a cool view of the Chrsyler building.

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by shinbal:
I stay at this hotel about every month and am upgraded to beautiful suites 100% of the time. There are many different styles and sizes, including one that I had with a baby grand piano! Call the rooms division in advance and tell them you are a diamond looking for a suite upgrade. They will take care of you.

Keep in mind that, due to the location, there are very few "view" suites. If you get a suite on the west end of the hotel, you can look out over Grand Central to Park Ave; but there really aren't many breathtaking views. The hotel is surrounded by a lot of buildings.
</font>
Old Mar 13, 2003, 7:58 am

Programs: United 1K
The Stanhope Park Hyatt has a regular Hyatt prepaid Internet rate of $179.00/night for most weekends in April. As a Diamond I've been upgraded to a suite about 75% of the time.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 8:00 am

Programs: United 1K
Hi Beachfan - I see that we're neighbors.
Old Mar 13, 2003, 3:06 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by beachfan:
I seem to remember a really nice suite with a cool view of the Chrsyler building.

</font>
I think that might be at the Grand Hyatt...
Old Mar 14, 2003, 12:11 pm

Programs: BOS - UA 2P, SPG Plat
Which rooms/suites/areas to request at the Grand Hyatt in NYC?

I am a diamond and have a FFN stay there coming up...

Also, do they give you free breakfast, or is there a regency club instead?

Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2003, 8:47 pm

I just got back from an FFN stay at the Grand Hyatt (Stanhope was full, and I need to use some of these FFNs before they expire!).

Regency Club is closed on the weekends, but you'll get vouchers for free breakfast in the restaurant. It is buffet-style and quite extensive.

I got a deluxe king room that was nothing to write home about. They said all of the suites and RC rooms were full. Guess I should have requested it earlier.
Old Mar 18, 2003, 3:31 pm

Programs: BOS - UA 2P, SPG Plat
Thanks for the heads-up. I called and they said there weren't any available this weekend, either. We'll see how it goes.

Old Mar 18, 2003, 3:55 pm

My experience is that it is a waste of time to call for a suite upgrade until the night (or day) before you arrival date. Try again then and see what they tell you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.