Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Baku: Hyatt Regency (was Park) andRegency (no longer Hyatt) JOIREVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Baku: Hyatt Regency (was Park) andRegency (no longer Hyatt) JOIREVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2018, 9:15 pm

Programs: AA explat,Adm Club,Priority Club, and all nonsense in my comic book mind.
Thank you for this...contemplating a visit this year..
Old Apr 4, 2022, 2:52 pm

Any recent stays at this property (Regency, I know the Park is closed)? Location doesn't look fantastic, but wondering how "bad" it is. I'm looking at spending 2 nights as a Globalist this summer for a first time visit to Baku. Leaning towards something closer to the waterfront and old town like the Intercontinental.

Last edited by Single_Flyer; Apr 4, 2022 at 3:26 pm
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:59 pm

I am here now. From what I can tell, the Hyatt Regency is what formerly was the Park Hyatt. They seem to have rebranded the Park as a Regency and closed down the original Regency or turned it in to apartments.

Location is in a nice neighborhood by Caspian Square; as others have noted about 2 miles from the city center. A Bolt/Uber will run about $1.50 USD (unless your driver decides to keep the trip running after dropping you off which happened to me...).

Breakfast is in the restaurant off the lobby. The Club is open from 6-8pm for drinks and snacks. Nothing available (even water) the rest of the day.

I'll have a longer review in a bit once I have completed my stay.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
I am here now. From what I can tell, the Hyatt Regency is what formerly was the Park Hyatt. They seem to have rebranded the Park as a Regency and closed down the original Regency or turned it in to apartments.

Location is in a nice neighborhood by Caspian Square; as others have noted about 2 miles from the city center. A Bolt/Uber will run about $1.50 USD (unless your driver decides to keep the trip running after dropping you off which happened to me...).

Breakfast is in the restaurant off the lobby. The Club is open from 6-8pm for drinks and snacks. Nothing available (even water) the rest of the day.

I'll have a longer review in a bit once I have completed my stay.
You might be better off using Yandex for rides. A very popular app in former Soviet Republics.
Old Jan 21, 2023, 6:39 pm

so no formal happy hour just some snacks in the club?
Old Apr 6, 2023, 12:02 pm

Answering the question myself-- they do have a decent light dinner. The location is not central and most likely needs a taxi to go to and from city center. Bolt works fine other than issues to and from airport--driver want cash and the airport wifi signal disappeared before I walked outside of lobby.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 5:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by jason1991
Answering the question myself-- they do have a decent light dinner. The location is not central and most likely needs a taxi to go to and from city center. Bolt works fine other than issues to and from airport--driver want cash and the airport wifi signal disappeared before I walked outside of lobby.
Maybe you should try Yandex. Works well in former Soviet Republics.
Old Apr 6, 2023, 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Maybe you should try Yandex. Works well in former Soviet Republics.
I tried Yandex but it wasn’t working in Baku. It worked fine in Armenia and Georgia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.