Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page > Top 5 Most Expensive Hyatt Hotels throughout the World?

Top 5 Most Expensive Hyatt Hotels throughout the World?

Old Jan 28, 03, 3:28 pm

Top 5 Most Expensive Hyatt Hotels throughout the World?

What would be the 5 nices/priciest hotels (including city hotels, Park Hyatt, resorts, etc..) in the chain?
Old Jan 28, 03, 3:46 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, Amtrak Select+, Avis Pref
My vote would be, in this order:

Park Tokyo
Kauai
Park Vendome-Paris
HR Madeleine-Paris
Park Chicago

I'm not sure how Maui, the Stanhope NY, or the Park Sydney might fall into this list.

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 01-28-2003).]

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 01-28-2003).]
Old Jan 28, 03, 4:12 pm

I think kv99s list is pretty acurate. The only change I would make is to replace the Park Chicago with Scottsdale, only because you can often get Chicago for around $300, but Scottsdale will normally set you back around $375.
Old Jan 28, 03, 5:22 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, CX Diamond, SPG Plat, HHonors Diamond, Natl Emerald EE, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think the Park Hyatt Vendôme probably rates near the top at ~$440/night.
Old Jan 28, 03, 10:47 pm

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, SPG/Marriott Plat, Amtrak Select+, Avis Pref
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by JohnnyP:
I think the Park Hyatt Vendôme probably rates near the top at ~$440/night.</font>
I think Park Tokyo is often 55,000Yen or so per night, and Kauai is often in the $550-600 range.

Old Jan 29, 03, 12:27 am

Programs: UA Lifetime 1K, AA ExPlat 2012 & Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum
Park Hyatt Vendome actually is more like $600 a night - at least for our dates - Feb 14-17...we felt like we got reallygood mileage out of our faster free nights!
Old Jan 29, 03, 4:26 am

Park Hyatt Carmel can fluctuate from $199 to $600. Recently, I can't find anything lower than $495.
Old Jan 29, 03, 8:37 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by thesilb:
Park Hyatt Vendome actually is more like $600 a night - at least for our dates - Feb 14-17...we felt like we got reallygood mileage out of our faster free nights!</font>
I think Park Tokyo, Kauai, and Vendome are clearly the top of the heap--after that it gets a little less clear.

Hell even the dumpy Hyatt Princeton charges $350 during graduation.

You certainly did get good mileage on your FFNs -- anyone who manages to get FFNs at any of the above hotels is doing REALLY well. I got 4 in Kauai last spring and 6 at the Park Tokyo in the summer. Boy did I feel good.

This year, I've had so many that I've had to "dump" them on places like Bangkok and Berlin.

Hey IKinSeattle: didn't you just get back from the Grand Hong Kong?

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 01-29-2003).]
Old Jan 29, 03, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriott Plat Premier, UA Gold
Although I have to object that Berlin and BKK aren't dumps!

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Jan 29, 03, 9:07 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Muerz:

</font>

And going rates at Berlin (not rack) are &euro; 250 and up.
Old Jan 29, 03, 9:33 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">
Hey IKinSeattle: didn't you just get back from the Grand Hong Kong?
</font>
Yep. Just got back from my FFN run with stays at Honolulu, GH Singapore and GH Hong Kong. That was my first time at the GH Hong Kong, and I must say the Grand Club there is nothing less than amazing.

Edit: I’d like to throw in what I would consider the best ‘Bang For Your Buck’ properties.
US: Coconut Point
International: GH Bali

[This message has been edited by IK in Seattle (edited 01-29-2003).]
Old Jan 29, 03, 10:06 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:
And going rates at Berlin (not rack) are € 250 and up.</font>
I wish I had more of these Gourmet Club vouchers for the rate of 140,- euro per night for the GH Berlin.

Can anyone tell already whether the USD 280,- per night for the new PH Moscow is worth the money or to use for FFN ?

Old Jan 29, 03, 10:12 am

Rates at many resorts are very seasonal. You could get HR Scottsdate for less than $200 during July/August. On the other hand, PH Beaver Creek is $450+ during the ski season.
Old Jan 29, 03, 10:39 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ben20:
I wish I had more of these Gourmet Club vouchers for the rate of 140,- euro per night for the GH Berlin.

Can anyone tell already whether the USD 280,- per night for the new PH Moscow is worth the money or to use for FFN ?

</font>
I have them, what can you offer in exchange?
Old Jan 29, 03, 11:02 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Muerz:

</font>
OK, I haven't been to Berlin yet, so wouldn't know (next weekend!), but that was definitely poorly-expressed sarcasm! The Erawan is one of my favorite Hyatts and favorite hotels out there.

Just not quite the bang-for-the-FFN-buck that Park Tokyo is.

IK -- I'm so jealous... the Grand Club in Hong Kong is so beautiful and hopefully they gave you a room with that view as well. Not sure if you ran into Ida who works there, she's one of the best!!

[This message has been edited by kv99 (edited 01-29-2003).]

Search this Thread