Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Transport from CDG (arriving on UA) to PH Paris? Thanks.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador

We're into the PH Paris on FFN in February 03. Can someone give me a transportation idea to the Hotel other than a cab? Thanks and regards
Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:47 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Me personally? I wouldn't be carrying so much luggage, so I'd take RER to Gare du Nord, and then grab a cab from there... only about 3km from here to Vendome I think.

Old Jan 30, 2003, 7:57 am

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
There is a bus from CDG, which drops you of about 3or 500m from the PH - we walked from there, therefor the doormen thought we were wrong there :-) .
Old Jan 30, 2003, 8:49 am

The bus to which peter42 refers is the Roissybus, which goes directly (no stops) between CDG and Pl. de l'Opera.

It costs about 10 euro.

Which perhaps leads one to the reaction of the doorman, upon seeing someone check into a top-quality/top-service hotel after saving a few coins by taking the bus (or metro) from the airport.

As the French would say, "Sans commentaire."
Old Jan 30, 2003, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF FB Platinum For Life (F+ Rouge Vintage®) / Hertz President's Circle / SNCF Grand Voyageur Le Club
Wideman:

RTW/ You might check out a thread in the Paris forum at FT Travel which discusses different transport options from CDG:

http://www.flyertalk.com/travel/fttr...ML/000022.html
Old Jan 30, 2003, 11:49 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wideman:
Which perhaps leads one to the reaction of the doorman, upon seeing someone check into a top-quality/top-service hotel after saving a few coins by taking the bus (or metro) from the airport.

As the French would say, "Sans commentaire."
</font>
Guess I'm one of the few who don't care about trying to impress the doorman, and would rather save money, not to mention time in traffic, by taking the RER or Roissy bus

Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:11 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
i'll admit we took a cab from our hotel in the 5th to the PH, the connections via the RATP were vile.

However, if I was coming from CDG and my party was only two, I would recommend the RER and a short (7 minute) walk to the PH.

The staff seems very mellow, I wouldn't worry about it.

lala
Old Jan 30, 2003, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Thanks all. We'll make it. How do you get from the UA terminal to the RER? Please advise. Thanks
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
United flies into the CDG 1 terminal. The TGV/RER station is in the CDG 2 terminal right where Hall D, Hall C, and Hall F meet.

So upon arrival, you will need to take an airport bus/shuttle (Navette) to CDG 2. In CDG 1, go to the shopping level (Niveau Boutiquaire) and take the GREEN shuttle to the TGV/RER station in CDG 2. It will cost about €8 for the trip to Paris. Once you're on the RER (it's the B line), you'll most likely transfer then at Gare Du Nord, Châtelet-Les-Halles, or St-Michel depending on where you need to be.

Yes, it is very confusing. (But what do you expect in an airport designed by French bureaucrats?)

[This message has been edited by JohnnyP (edited 01-30-2003).]
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:28 pm

A Tangent:

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by mauld:
Guess I'm one of the few who don't care about trying to impress the doorman...</font>
How odd to think that one arrives in style (or, alternatively, in a Bagnol-Taxi) to impress the doorman.

A satisfying séjour in Paris is the sum of all the small and large pleasures of the trip: from finding the right Meursault to go with my ris de veau, to wearing socks and underwear that coordinate perfectly with the rest of what I'm wearing. Others (e.g. peter42, apparently) may interest themselves in the doorman's observations; I'm interested in pleasing and impressing only myself and anyone with whom I may be sharing the trip.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:40 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, AA Lifetime ExecPlat, LH HON Circle, SQ PPS Solitaire, Hyatt Courtesy Card
I have to do the same CDG to PH in a week or so. Can anyone advise the approximate cab fare? Thanks.
Old Jan 30, 2003, 1:41 pm

Programs: UA Gold MM, AA EXP, Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, HHonors Diamond, Natl EE, Hertz Platinum
Some other helpful info I just thought of... While I've never been there, I just noted that the PH Vendome is a few minutes walk from several Métro stations including Opéra, Concorde, Madeleine, and Pyramide.

Probably the least hectic/confusing of these will be the Pyramide stop. This can be accessed by transferring (Correspondence) at Chatelet-Les Halles to Métro line 14, direction Madeleine. Keep in mind that Chatelet-Les Halles is a very large train station -- rivaling many U.S. airports in size! While they have done a lot to make it more luggage friendly, be prepared to haul luggage up/down stairs and escalators and down long moving sidewalks. Tip: Always walk through the electronic "turnstiles" luggage-first.

I just pulled out a map, and it looks like from the Pyramide stop, walk northwest on l'Avenue de l'Opera, take a LEFT onto Rue Danielle Casanova, and then a RIGHT onto Rue de la Paix. I've never been to the PH, so they might be able to give you more accurate corrections. Also, the map I was using doesn't show all the métro station exits. Good luck!
Old Jan 30, 2003, 2:05 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by wideman:
A Tangent:

How odd to think that one arrives in style (or, alternatively, in a Bagnol-Taxi) to impress the doorman.

A satisfying séjour in Paris is the sum of all the small and large pleasures of the trip: from finding the right Meursault to go with my ris de veau, to wearing socks and underwear that coordinate perfectly with the rest of what I'm wearing. Others (e.g. peter42, apparently) may interest themselves in the doorman's observations; I'm interested in pleasing and impressing only myself and anyone with whom I may be sharing the trip.
</font>
Actually it was an amusement for us to make it clear to him, that it was the correct place :-) .
Old Feb 3, 2003, 1:09 pm

I'm glad I am not the only one who likes to fly First Class and stay in 5-star hotels and use the subway to get in from the airport. First of all, cabbies drive like maniacs. It doesn't matter what the city is, they run red lights, speed around stopped traffic, and make for a white-knuckle ride. Secondly, I would much rather take the subway and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with real Parisians/Britons/Dutch/Japanese than sit insulated in a big limobus with tourists from Topeka. Plus, I'd rather save my money towards a blow-out dinner in a world-class restaurant (reached, of course by subway).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.