Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Chesapeake Bay Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Chesapeake Bay Resort REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2016, 7:20 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
A slightly disappointing stay

Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay

Map| 2 Reviews | 100% Recommended

100 Heron Blvd Cambridge, MD US 21613

A slightly disappointing stay (0 Photo)

I typically stay at this property 1-2 times per year. I had a one night work stay last week which was not quite up to the norm.

Checked in, asked about alternative amenities for the resort fee, FDC had no idea. Then I was told the RC was closed for low occupancy, VERY disappointing. Reveived coupons for an appetizer at the bar, coffee, and breakfast. I asked if the coffee certs can be used for a soda, sorry no.

I am not a fan of closure for low occupancy. There is ONE guest that earned it, it should be open. At least to allow us get soda, drinks and snacks.

A slightly disappointing stay

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old May 7, 2018, 5:24 pm

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
******Update******

Have a stay here next week. I called to verify a few things.

Most importantly, the lounge is closed. The decided to close it for the "season" to see how it affected business.
Old Jul 22, 2018, 7:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond, BA Silver
I know how it will affect my business, I will go elsewhere. Is the certificate for coffe and appetizer standard or do you have to complain to get it?
Old Jul 29, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: BA Lft Gld, AA Gld, Marrott/RC Lft Gld, IHG Gld
I stayed at the property for 3 nights just over a week ago. At check-in I was given an envelope with certs for coffee, appetizer and breakfast for myself and my partner. I realize only one data point, but no need to complain to receive the benefit. YMMV
Old Apr 28, 2019, 2:05 pm

Cash and points?

I checked summer rates and award nights were available for points but is there a way to get the cash and points option? Do I need to call? Thanks in advance.
Old May 3, 2019, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
My experience is that if it's not showing on the website, calling customer service won't be able to get it either.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 8:51 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by asknotwhy
I stayed at the property for 3 nights just over a week ago. At check-in I was given an envelope with certs for coffee, appetizer and breakfast for myself and my partner. I realize only one data point, but no need to complain to receive the benefit. YMMV
Any recent DPs on the certificates? I'm just a few nights to Globe and the certificates would certainly help.

Looked at HP Ocean City MD. But it seems this one is better. But the Ocean City has free breakfast. It is a Hyatt Place.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:42 am
Suspended

Had a recent weekend stay. We all like the resort and would like to go back again. I also had the reservation at Hyatt Place Ocean City. HP is new and has a more Jersey Shore or DE beach style. We may go there next time.

The resort was built in like 2003. So it shows some age, but still holding well. At check-in, we were given a Petite suite as a Hyatt Globalist. I asked for possible upgrade and we were upgraded to the 750 sf Chesapeake suite. It has the regular guest room and a connecting separate very large living room with its own full bath. We were also given prepared envelope with coupons for breakfast, appetizer and coffee/soft drinks.

The breakfast at Water's Edge Grill is excellent. You can order your breakfast from the menu if you like. We like to sit in the terrace area since the AC is very strong inside. We had dinner at Blue Point. Food and service is good. I feel there is still room to improve.

There are two outdoor pools. One is for families with small kids. One is for general use and it is further divided into two sections, one for adult only. In a very hot day (94F), it is great to be in the pool. Somehow, the pool water is not very clear, not like the outdoor pools in Caribbean. Pool water also feels sticky, probably from sunblock lotion use. The huge indoor pool is great, better for the young kids to be protected from the outdoor sun. This is something you do not get from other resorts.

There are also so many other activities. There is movie for kids. Game room for everyone. Hiking trails. Golf court. There is also a marina.

We visited downtown Cambridge, there is not much to do there. On our way back, we stopped by St. Michaels. It is a nice town. But we did not stay very long.

It is just great to have a Hyatt resort in the Northeast area. It is not at the beach, but you can still enjoy the water, crab and oyster and a lot more.
Mary2e likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 8:20 am

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
Any Globs stayed here recently? Is the lounge opened or are they offering breakfast at the restaurant? And how are they handling social distancing on the grounds / pool? Thanks!
Old Jul 13, 2020, 9:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
Any Globs stayed here recently? Is the lounge opened or are they offering breakfast at the restaurant? And how are they handling social distancing on the grounds / pool? Thanks!
Call them up. Easily answered....
Old Jul 13, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
This is a community forum right

Originally Posted by RedSun
Call them up. Easily answered....
This is a community forum for information on these properties. I am probably not the only one interested so member contribution will benefit others, not just me. And their experience will probably be more informative than just calling them up. But thank you for your input though.
lowfareair likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hotelfanatic
This is a community forum for information on these properties. I am probably not the only one interested so member contribution will benefit others, not just me. And their experience will probably be more informative than just calling them up. But thank you for your input though.
Most of the FTers here are willing to help. But as you can see the activities of each individual hotel level, the last activity was about one year ago. Right now, not a lot people travel to that part of the hotel location, except for self quarantine. We do not even know if it opens now.

I just do not like you to be disappointed to expect something that folks are not much interested at this time....
Old Aug 11, 2020, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It seems like this resort has essentially shut down award reservations for August even though standard rooms are available. Are there any workarounds? I've seen this before in places like Hawaii, where you had to book 10 nights or so to get an award reservation (and then try to peel off the nights you didn't want with the reservations dept). I couldn't get anything to work last night when I tried. Unsurprisingly, you can book this resort on points for September.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I just cancelled my reservation for August. I made it in January and used free night certificates.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Mary2e
I just cancelled my reservation for August. I made it in January and used free night certificates.
Thanks. It does seem to be a "room type" available problem -- lots of rooms have things like "water views" that make them ineligible for redemption. I see September dates for standard rooms, but I suppose some August days could go back into inventory.

If you have a Hyatt credit card, I think right now it's better to book an award on points than use those Free Night certs since you'll be refunded 25% of the points (for awardstays through Oct. 8, I think).

Any recent reviews of the property? I see that 25% off award promo also includes hotel dining awards. Is there any good, somewhat-fairly-priced meal options at the hotel? And I assume no lounge at this property?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.