Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 9, 2019, 1:29 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
Just had a 4 night stay. Yes, 12,000 points and I used a club lounge certificate. Also pleasantly surprised to receive 1,000 points back with the Q1 promotion. So net 11,000 points with club access (drink, snacks and breakfast).... Cash price was much higher.
Their Q1 promotion is really nice to get. I would never have thought award stays qualify, but it is awesome that it did!
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 4:07 pm

Thanks for the responses everyone. We'll just go with the king for the first night and I think the idea of a rollaway is a good one.
Old Apr 10, 2019, 8:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by lkar
Thanks for the responses everyone. We'll just go with the king for the first night and I think the idea of a rollaway is a good one.
Please check that the hotel can provide a rollaway bed and that the room you have for the first night permits the rollaway bed. Do not assume......and also check if there's an additional fee.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Please check that the hotel can provide a rollaway bed and that the room you have for the first night permits the rollaway bed. Do not assume......and also check if there's an additional fee.
Thanks. I will ask if they can’t give us two beds at check in but in the end we can make due for night even if they decline on a roll away and can’t give us a two bed room for the first night.
Old Apr 11, 2019, 3:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by lkar

Thanks. I will ask if they can’t give us two beds at check in but in the end we can make due for night even if they decline on a roll away and can’t give us a two bed room for the first night.
Last year, I inquired with them via email about an extra bed. They said the standard king room can't accommodate a rollaway so they had to change our rez to a "View room." In another email, they said there would be an additional charge for an extra bed (unless for child <12). Since it was for our 9 year old, I didn't ask what that charge was.

And the email I used: [email protected]
Old Apr 21, 2019, 4:57 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Just finished a nice stay at this property and was upgraded from a standard room to a Club room (as a Guest of Honor). The Club room was significantly nicer than the standard rooms I have stayed in, though to be fair none of the standard rooms had been recently renovated.

The Regency Club serves great breakfast, but the evening food options are highly limited. On my last night, one of the two hot options was callos (Spanish tripe stew), which the server did a poor job of explaining as "beef intestines". Overall, would recommend skipping the evening canapes and eating dinner elsewhere in Tokyo.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 12:00 pm

Had two brief stays here during cherry blossom (as well as Andaz and PH).

Upgraded from standard room to a view deluxe room for the first, standard room to club room for the second. The renovated bathrooms are nice, though I had some lighting issues with the vanity so the overall lighting was dimmer than I'd like. I only partook in breakfast in the lounge and was fortunate to see Fuji from there in the morning on several days. IMO, breakfast leaned slightly more Western than Japanese, and the Western options were a little more enticing. The breakfast cannot compare to Andaz/PH, nor would I expect it to. It was exactly what I expected from this property.

Concierge was able to secure the reservation I needed them to and the location was a little more convenient than the PH. Shuttle from Shinjuku was also convenient, though I admit it took me awhile to find the stop the first time.

I had a very frustrating issue with the internet a second time around, where the portal registration failed halfway through, causing my laptop's access to be in limbo. This persisted through the rest of my stay. I imagine that the front desk could have eventually fixed the issue, but it was late at night and I found a workaround of my own.
Old Apr 22, 2019, 5:22 pm

please delete

Last edited by xaha; Apr 22, 2019 at 5:41 pm Reason: post content is no longer true - thanks and sorry.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 2:41 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Stayed here for one night in a standard room for 12K points and the room is tiny and old with a really small bathroom. It was fine for a quick overnight to use for transiting but could not imagine staying any longer. I couldn’t wait to check out. The location is fairly convenient to Shinjuku train station.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by AICML
Stayed here for one night in a standard room for 12K points and the room is tiny and old with a really small bathroom. It was fine for a quick overnight to use for transiting but could not imagine staying any longer. I couldn’t wait to check out. The location is fairly convenient to Shinjuku train station.
The standard room is awful (as you have discovered) - I would not stay here unless I was either Globalist, or I was planning to book into one of the better categories to begin with.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 6:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
This makes the 17,000 pts for a Club Room a good value here. Not only does it get club access, perhaps more importantly, it gets a nicely renovated Club Room.
Old Apr 23, 2019, 9:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
This makes the 17,000 pts for a Club Room a good value here. Not only does it get club access, perhaps more importantly, it gets a nicely renovated Club Room.
Don't disagree with OsakaWino about the value of the club room but in my couple of stays at the 12k level/free cert level as a nobody (or whatever the CC gets you these days), my room has been perfectly fine. And frankly 12k is still an insane value given the pricing the other chains have in Tokyo (thinking especially of Marriott and the CY properties -- stayed at the CY Ginza last year and we were "upgraded" as a Plat Elite/Titanium to a King bed which made the room only slightly bigger than the usual cubicles) -- especially given the relatively convenient location to Shinjuku station
muji, invalyd and rustykettel like this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 10:31 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Duke787
Don't disagree with OsakaWino about the value of the club room but in my couple of stays at the 12k level/free cert level as a nobody (or whatever the CC gets you these days), my room has been perfectly fine. And frankly 12k is still an insane value given the pricing the other chains have in Tokyo (thinking especially of Marriott and the CY properties -- stayed at the CY Ginza last year and we were "upgraded" as a Plat Elite/Titanium to a King bed which made the room only slightly bigger than the usual cubicles) -- especially given the relatively convenient location to Shinjuku station
Completely agree. I am surprised this property wasn't bumped up a category along with the other Tokyo properties earlier this year.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Agreed.
Stayed 2 times, once as a discoverist (upgraded 1 cat) and recently as an explorist (upgraded 2 cats to view deluxe) and really enjoyed both stays. Really good deal for 12K points.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Apr 24, 2019, 8:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by invalyd
Completely agree. I am surprised this property wasn't bumped up a category along with the other Tokyo properties earlier this year.
Perhaps a Hyatt Corporate decision to make sure there is one "accessible" hotel in Tokyo? Wouldn't be surprised if HRT received special compensation for doing this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.