Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Richard1148
OK. Thanks. I guess I can't complain since I will basically be staying free on points and a Club Access award.
That's good, because the rates for this hotel are getting ridiculous. 60000 yen for a random weekday night!
Old Jan 14, 2019, 2:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Yes. One per person per day.
However, it's really like a light meal. If you combine it with some items from the buffet, you certainly won't starve.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 11:47 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
However, it's really like a light meal. If you combine it with some items from the buffet, you certainly won't starve.
That's good to know. Maybe it won't be so bad after all.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 1:35 pm

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Originally Posted by hailstorm
That's good, because the rates for this hotel are getting ridiculous. 60000 yen for a random weekday night!
I agree, great value at 12K in points for a "free" night stay as I have one short evening coming up in August versus a 29,000 Yen Member's listing.

Last edited by luvFclass; Jan 15, 2019 at 8:17 am Reason: Hotel and pricing reference error.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 4:46 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by luvFclass
I agree, great value for 12K in points for a "free" night stay as I have one short evening coming up in August versus a 48,000 Yen Members prepaid listing.
I think it's 14,000 points, but when I was looking recently, the Hyatt website only showed 17,000 points per night for a room with lounge access (which I get automatically as a Glob). Also, 48,000 yen sounds like a very high rate for a base level room at this property. Again, for the dates I searched recently, member or AAA rates were a bit under 30,000 yen per night, although to me that price seems high for the hotel and its location.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 5:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think it's 14,000 points,
No, it's still 12K. A club room is 17K.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:52 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
I just booked 7 nights during Golden Week and was able to get a room for under 200/night and was able to use a TSU to confirm a suite. Really can’t beat that deal for Tokyo. Planning to give my parents this room (their first time in Tokyo) and take the room I booked for them on points using Guest of Honor (so I can still have club access)
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:54 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
I just booked 7 nights during Golden Week and was able to get a room for under 200/night and was able to use a TSU to confirm a suite. Really can’t beat that deal for Tokyo. Planning to give my parents this room (their first time in Tokyo) and take the room I booked for them on points using Guest of Honor (so I can still have club access)
what week is golden week? Wow under $200 a night? What special rate code did you use?
Old Jan 14, 2019, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
It probably does not affect your strategy, but are you aware that the suites at HR Tokyo include club access?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino
It probably does not affect your strategy, but are you aware that the suites at HR Tokyo include club access?
Is one allowed to give the TSU upgrade to a suite to a guest and use a regular room for oneself or even get a free elite upgrade for oneself, of course using the lounge access elite benefit?
Old Jan 15, 2019, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedElmo

what week is golden week? Wow under $200 a night? What special rate code did you use?
This year is likely a once in a lifetime occurrence. The entire period from April 27th through May 6th will be a holiday in Japan.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
I didn’t! Good to know - thank you. For this time around, the suite is under my name/account. I used Hyatt points for a Guest of Honor reservation since I’ve read conflicting reports that two rooms booked under same account may only give elite benefits to one room. Guest of honor is a great way to confirm elite benefits.
Old Jan 15, 2019, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by RedElmo

Member rate - no special code necessary. This is on a refundable reservation as well.

Off topic - Golden Week seems like a bad time to explore Japan (crowds!), but great time to visit Tokyo based on rates (my parents are city folk and rather spend the whole time in tokyo, with one day dedicated to Mt Fuji). Was able to get a Japan Airlines direct flight in J from NYC for 50,000 points (120K MR) and get a return flight on UA in J direct for 70,000. My parents are flying R/T EWR to NRT In J for 280,000 UA miles total. They’ve been wanting to visit Asia and use the points from their Chase Sapphire bonuses and this was exciting to see all saver fares - my dad is 6’4 so I can’t imagine him in coach for 13 hours (I’m 6’1 and couldn’t imagine it either!)
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:15 am

Programs: AC75, TD AeroInfiniteP, AmexBizPLAT, SPG-G HyattGlobby
Error in Hotel Search

I think it's 14,000 points, but when I was looking recently, the Hyatt website only showed 17,000 points per night for a room with lounge access (which I get automatically as a Glob). Also, 48,000 yen sounds like a very high rate for a base level room at this property. Again, for the dates I searched recently, member or AAA rates were a bit under 30,000 yen per night, although to me that price seems high for the hotel and its location.
My bad, I misread the rates for the hotel as I mixed up this property with the Andaz Toranoman & GH Tokyo. The rates for the HR Tokyo are actually 29K Yen and not 48K on the member rate. Points are 12,000 for the base room, with the usual GLOB benefits. My stay for a point of reference is Aug 19-20
Old Jan 15, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Is one allowed to give the TSU upgrade to a suite to a guest and use a regular room for oneself or even get a free elite upgrade for oneself, of course using the lounge access elite benefit?
If what you're saying is that a TSU is non-transferable, as far a I know, it is not, so the OP's strategy of applying a TSU but also using GOH is the correct way to go. I'm sure the hotel does not care who sleeps where as long as both room are entitled to elite benefits. But I did want to point out that suites here come with club access, which I wish was true at all Hyatt properties.
luvFclass and uppereastsider like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.