Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 12, 2019, 5:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Globalist have breakfast at the Club Lounge which I find has improved over time but not during the past year or so. I'm happy with the breakfast there.

The evening lounge hour is a total joke - don't waste your time!
The buffet happy hour food is disappointing, but I was pleased with the hot items that were ordered from a menu and served at one's seat.
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Lota of good, free liquor on hand. Might even be better than GHT in that regard.
I don't drink the stuff they have there. Last time I looked it's good for cleaning windows at the max.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
I don't drink the stuff they have there. Last time I looked it's good for cleaning windows at the max.
Bombay Sapphire for window cleaning?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:01 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The buffet happy hour food is disappointing, but I was pleased with the hot items that were ordered from a menu and served at one's seat.
I assume that you have to pay for the hot items ordered from a menu. Is that right and how are the prices?
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Richard1148
I assume that you have to pay for the hot items ordered from a menu. Is that right and how are the prices?
It's basically the room service menu. Same prices.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 7:53 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We were offered a limited to order appetizer menu with maybe 3 options. No charge.
MSPeconomist and luvFclass like this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 8:38 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Come on! Thats harsh. Unless u r comparing this HR with the GH in Roppongi...this is a decent HR. Not the best though. Go to Naha Okinawa for some neat lounge offerings.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

We were offered a limited to order appetizer menu with maybe 3 options. No charge.
Thanks. That sounds better than paying for room service offerings. Not the usual lounge buffet, but better than nothing.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 12:37 pm

Thanks. That sounds better than paying for room service offerings. Not the usual lounge buffet, but better than nothing.
Per another poster above, there is also a buffet, but it is not hot food. I think I posted some photos upthread from last July.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Per another poster above, there is also a buffet, but it is not hot food. I think I posted some photos upthread from last July.
I saw those pix, but I thought they were all from the breakfast buffet. From what I have read, it was my understanding that the evening food is mainly cheese and crackers.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:21 pm

I saw those pix, but I thought they were all from the breakfast buffet. From what I have read, it was my understanding that the evening food is mainly cheese and crackers.
Okay, yes you're right. I just looked at those pics and it reminded me that the wine was on that center table (not food) and that there were chips/salsa, dip, cheese/crackers otherwise. My bad. The little apps were fine (and hot).

With our family of 5, we basically had a big breakfast, then lunch around 2 or 3 PM, and then the apps and snacks for dinner. We were always so tired by dinner time that we were happy to just stick around the hotel.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
NO, although ordering food for the lounge from the room service menu is an option and I saw people doing it.

What I mean is that in addition to the minimal and boring happy hour buffet food (standard cheese cubes, etc,) I was given a small menu card with a couple options and asked to pick one to have delivered to my table, It seemed to be a combination of very nice appetizers and was very good.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What I mean is that in addition to the minimal and boring happy hour buffet food (standard cheese cubes, etc,) I was given a small menu card with a couple options and asked to pick one to have delivered to my table, It seemed to be a combination of very nice appetizers and was very good.
Thanks. One last question - I believe that I read earlier in the thread that you can only have one serving of the appetizers from the menu. Is that correct?
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Thanks. One last question - I believe that I read earlier in the thread that you can only have one serving of the appetizers from the menu. Is that correct?
Yes. One per person per day.
Old Jan 13, 2019, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Yes. One per person per day.
OK. Thanks. I guess I can't complain since I will basically be staying free on points and a Club Access award.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.