Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2018, 12:00 am

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in September and have a few questions:
1. What is the cost of the Limousine bus direct to the hotel from Narita?
2. How long of a walk is it from Shinjuku Station should we decide to take the Express Train from Narita?
3. Is it better to wait and take the free shuttle bus to the hotel from Shinjuku Station?
4. Do Globalists have complimentary access to the spa and the health club, pool, gym?

Thanks so much in advance for your insights.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 3:20 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, InterContinental Hotels

Originally Posted by sapguy
2. How long of a walk is it from Shinjuku Station should we decide to take the Express Train from Narita?
3. Is it better to wait and take the free shuttle bus to the hotel from Shinjuku Station?
Limousine bus from NRT to the hotel costs 3100yen per person each way, and per schedule takes about 2 hours. The actual time depends on traffic and number of stops; I've gotten from HRT to NRT in as little as 75 minutes. Narita Express from Shinjuku takes about 70 minutes. The walk from HRT to Shinjuku station takes about 10-15 minutes, very hot in summer, and not super straighforward if you've never done it before. The hotel shuttle bus runs every 20 minutes and takes 5-7 minutes. Note that Shinjuku station is huge, so it's not easy to find the bus stop for the first time. Also, navigating the station can be confusing and takes time -- the Narita Express platform is probably almost half a mile from where the shuttle bus drops off. Personally, I find the Limousine Bus frustrating, but to get to the HRT (especially for a first-time visitor), it's probably the best option.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 4:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jpdx
The walk from HRT to Shinjuku station takes about 10-15 minutes, very hot in summer, and not super straighforward if you've never done it before.
I really don't think it's that hard. Just make sure to get out the West Exit (not Central West Exit) and head for the rotary. But as the Limo Bus is slightly cheaper than the Narita Express, and all the other train routes involve annoying transfers, there's really no reason not to take advantage of the convenience of the bus.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 8:58 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo in September and have a few questions:
4. Do Globalists have complimentary access to the spa and the health club, pool, gym?

2-3. I found the walk longer than I like if I know I have a day of walking. The Hyatt shuttle bus is so easy and frequent. The station is definitely confusing. I’m not sure if this will help, given where you might be coming in, but I followed these instructions from a friend “We walked towards the Metro Underpass and exited at B14. Dumped us right out across street from hyatt bus.” I will also attach a pic from my maps that I took right where the shuttle pickup point is. It helped orient me whenever I was using Google maps to get back.

4. My understanding is that all WoH members get complimentary access. I’m Explorist and got it.

Hyatt shuttle pickup point.
Old Jul 27, 2018, 9:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by OsakaWino
There may have been some sort of refresh (curtains, carpets?) but its still seems only the View Deluxe and what were formerly called Club rooms have the completely remodeled bathrooms. For what it is worth, the rooms now listed as King/Twin with Club Access still have the description of the remodeled bathrooms.

Maybe someone who has stayed recently will correct me, but I believe the standard King/Twin, King/Twin with View, and Corner Deluxe all still have the old style bathrooms. Last year we stayed in the Regency Executive Suite and it had definitely not been remodeled, while the year before we stayed in the Atrium Suite, which had been remodeled.
So by 2019, all rooms and the club lounge will finally be renovated?
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:21 pm

Beware that even the renovated standard rooms still have old style bathroom (combined tub and shower). It seems that the lowest category room's renovation is not as extensive as the view or the club rooms' renovation.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Old Jul 27, 2018, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
As far as I know, there is no news that they are planning to fully renovate the standard rooms.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K/2MM, SPG/Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by jpdx
Limousine bus from NRT to the hotel costs 3100yen per person each way, and per schedule takes about 2 hours. The actual time depends on traffic and number of stops; I've gotten from HRT to NRT in as little as 75 minutes. Narita Express from Shinjuku takes about 70 minutes. The walk from HRT to Shinjuku station takes about 10-15 minutes, very hot in summer, and not super straighforward if you've never done it before. The hotel shuttle bus runs every 20 minutes and takes 5-7 minutes. Note that Shinjuku station is huge, so it's not easy to find the bus stop for the first time. Also, navigating the station can be confusing and takes time -- the Narita Express platform is probably almost half a mile from where the shuttle bus drops off. Personally, I find the Limousine Bus frustrating, but to get to the HRT (especially for a first-time visitor), it's probably the best option.
Thank you! After receiving lots of advices & opinions (including yours), we will be taking the Limousine Bus from Narita to the HRT
Tokyoite likes this.
Old Jul 28, 2018, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

2-3. I found the walk longer than I like if I know I have a day of walking. The Hyatt shuttle bus is so easy and frequent. The station is definitely confusing. I’m not sure if this will help, given where you might be coming in, but I followed these instructions from a friend “We walked towards the Metro Underpass and exited at B14. Dumped us right out across street from hyatt bus.” I will also attach a pic from my maps that I took right where the shuttle pickup point is. It helped orient me whenever I was using Google maps to get back.

4. My understanding is that all WoH members get complimentary access. I’m Explorist and got it.

Hyatt shuttle pickup point.
Thank you so much for the very useful information that you provided!
Old Jul 29, 2018, 11:03 pm

Programs: UA 1k now; AA (no status); HY Diamond; SPG Platinum

1. I would avoid limo. While Limo takes you to the hotel it makes 3 stops along the way and HRT is the last one. In addition, traffic is a huge unknown factor.

2&3. Don’t wait for the shuttle. Taxi is cheap (less than $7.00). Once you get out of west exit there are two taxi stand and line is relative short.

4. Yes.
Old Aug 10, 2018, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The other day I used my about-to-expire credit card anniversary night here. As my philosophy is "it never hurts to ask", upon check-in I asked the front desk staff "Can I use my Explorist Club Upgrade certificate?" They checked the computer, then handed me a Regency Club card and club explanation card.

Five minutes later I got a call to my room, which I ignored. I figured that once I got inside the lounge, I could declare sanctuary. Went to the lounge at 6pm for cocktails; the card key let me in, the staff asked me for my appetizer order, and I stayed for over an hour with not a word from anyone. Breakfast was also no issue, and I checked out from the club lounge desk with no charges.

It never hurts to ask!

By the way, beware the giant new coffee machine. It makes such a good cafe au lait that I drank far too much, and had a rapid heartbeat into the night...
Old Aug 11, 2018, 12:12 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
The other day I used my about-to-expire credit card anniversary night here. As my philosophy is "it never hurts to ask", upon check-in I asked the front desk staff "Can I use my Explorist Club Upgrade certificate?" They checked the computer, then handed me a Regency Club card and club explanation card.

Five minutes later I got a call to my room, which I ignored. I figured that once I got inside the lounge, I could declare sanctuary. Went to the lounge at 6pm for cocktails; the card key let me in, the staff asked me for my appetizer order, and I stayed for over an hour with not a word from anyone. Breakfast was also no issue, and I checked out from the club lounge desk with no charges.

It never hurts to ask!

By the way, beware the giant new coffee machine. It makes such a good cafe au lait that I drank far too much, and had a rapid heartbeat into the night...
So you think the ignored phone call was to rescind lounge access? That would be tacky in the extreme, especially for a single night and (if I understand correctly) a single guest.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 2:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you think the ignored phone call was to rescind lounge access? That would be tacky in the extreme, especially for a single night and (if I understand correctly) a single guest.
I don't know why else they would have had reason to call me. Things worked out, so I am happy to leave the actual reason for it a mystery.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 10:55 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I don't know why else they would have had reason to call me. Things worked out, so I am happy to leave the actual reason for it a mystery.
Well, I'm glad it worked out for you! Not allowing the use of this club access award on certain free nights is ridiculous.
hailstorm likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2018, 3:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you! Not allowing the use of this club access award on certain free nights is ridiculous.
As a data point, I never did have a club access cert deducted from my account. Perhaps there is a hard IT limitation that prevents doing so for such a stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.