Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2018, 8:31 am

Did you have the bathroom with separate shower and soaking tub?

Last edited by Old Pa Kettle; Mar 31, 2018 at 8:32 am Reason: spelling
Old Jun 10, 2018, 7:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So I'm reading a review and in the photos the bathroom is 100% visible w/ only a glass wall between it and the bedroom. My teens are NOT going to bathe in this situation (and frankly they may not be willing to use the toilet either) unless everyone else is out of the room. I've got 2 teens and 9 year old sharing a room and spouse and I in a second room. Is there no curtain or shutter or anything to provide privacy? Frankly, I don't really want a 100% visible bathing experience either!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:24 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
So I'm reading a review and in the photos the bathroom is 100% visible w/ only a glass wall between it and the bedroom. My teens are NOT going to bathe in this situation (and frankly they may not be willing to use the toilet either) unless everyone else is out of the room. I've got 2 teens and 9 year old sharing a room and spouse and I in a second room. Is there no curtain or shutter or anything to provide privacy? Frankly, I don't really want a 100% visible bathing experience either!
My memory is a bit fuzzy, but my wife was pretty sure there was a way to make the glass frosted or clear. Is this on the regency club floor?
Old Jun 10, 2018, 8:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The restaurant Ombarato will close at the end of June. It is scheduled to be replaced by a teppanyaki restaurant in October.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:21 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat
What is the best (cheap) hotel door-HND transportation option? We will be staying at HRT for 3 nights however my wife will be leaving after me with 2 check in luggage. I do not think she wants to walk with them.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by Ausriver
What is the best (cheap) hotel door-HND transportation option? We will be staying at HRT for 3 nights however my wife will be leaving after me with 2 check in luggage. I do not think she wants to walk with them.
Limousine Bus.

Hyatt Regency Tokyo?Haneda Airport?Airport Limousine Bus-Airport Transport Service Co., Ltd
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:12 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
As nollbit suggests, from HRT to HND, Limousine Bus is by far the best (least hassle for wife) and cheapest solution.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 12:14 am

Programs: CX DM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton DM, Marriott Plat

I’m on it right now, just missed the 14:20 one by 5 minutes, however the nice counter lady suggested 14:40 going to Hilton Tokyo just across the street. It seems that cell phone usage is banned on the bus?
Old Jun 16, 2018, 1:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m on it right now, just missed the 14:20 one by 5 minutes, however the nice counter lady suggested 14:40 going to Hilton Tokyo just across the street. It seems that cell phone usage is banned on the bus?
Talking on phones on public transportation is considered impolite in Japan. Shouldn't be a problem with texting and such.
vudoosj and nollbit like this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm
Talking on phones on public transportation is considered impolite in Japan. Shouldn't be a problem with texting and such.
As it should be, elsewhere too.
nollbit likes this.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 8:24 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

If you want door to door, then other than taxi/Uber, your only choice is the Airport limousine, which is a bus service. It costs Y1,230 except for late night when it is Y2,000.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by puchong
As it should be, elsewhere too.
I'm of two minds on the subject. I don't really enjoy other people doing that, but I also have a hard time reconciling what is so different between talking on the phone and talking to the person next to you...
Old Jun 17, 2018, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm
I'm of two minds on the subject. I don't really enjoy other people doing that, but I also have a hard time reconciling what is so different between talking on the phone and talking to the person next to you...
I can't speak for everyone of course, but for me hearing only one side of a conversation is much more mentally taxing than hearing both sides. Also, in Japan, my experience is that even talking between people (i.e. chatting, more than a few words back and forth) is avoided while commuting.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 1:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Are you looking at the Club Rooms? Just stayed in one last month and can confirm that there is an automated blind that you can lower.
Old Jun 20, 2018, 6:59 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Any updates to the club house closure from July 1st?
Just read about this and I'm shocked. Family coming in from the 4th July-8th, and I really banked on the club house for bfast n drinks...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.