Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2018, 7:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Just wrapped up our stay here. We were upgraded to a "Deluxe Room" though that didn't mean too much to us. Had a nice snack bag given to us to recognize the special occasion my SO and I were celebrating.

The evening reception and morning breakfast were busy. Honestly though, the comments about it being just a place to grab a few bites before a real dinner are spot on. The evening drinks were good but food items were lacking (as compared to the GH Tokyo). Breakfast spread was better but again quality wasn't even in the same league as the GH or PH.

Pool was nice, but the jacuzzi is sort of a joke (only really 2 people can fit into it).

Staff was wonderful, friendly, and had great service. Walk to subway was a breeze and super easy (up a few flight of stairs) and Shinjuku isn't that much further.

This hotel overall was "very good", and probably you get what you pay for especially compared to the GH and PH. But if you want a great Hyatt experience, I would recommend the PH/GH for sure.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mnredfox
Thanks, arriving at 7pm one night and don't want to miss eve food.
What food? LOL
Old Feb 18, 2018, 6:59 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
i have stayed here 5x in the last 3 months and never been offered a suite. Also suite type for SNA was never available during my visits. Always got the deluxe room with Shinjuku Chuo Koen view which is pleasant but for once i wish i'd get the fuji view....
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vudoosj
i have stayed here 5x in the last 3 months and never been offered a suite. Also suite type for SNA was never available during my visits. Always got the deluxe room with Shinjuku Chuo Koen view which is pleasant but for once i wish i'd get the fuji view....
Try staying 20+ times and not even have a sniff of a suite.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:35 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
Originally Posted by Aventine
Try staying 20+ times and not even have a sniff of a suite.
yes, over the last 10 years i have stayed here +20 times maybe closer to 30 times. suite 2x only with SNA.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
I had a suite without using a TSU last fall but to be honest it wasn't anything special. Pretty much the same as Corner Deluxe with the couch.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 11:02 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
What food? LOL
LOL, it wasn’t that bad. As another FTer stated, don’t expect much.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

LOL, it wasn’t that bad. As another FTer stated, don’t expect much.
I stayed at this hotel 40+ times in the last few years and have something of a love/hate relationship with it. Lounge food in the evening is BAD. I don't even bother anymore and just go to grab a bite outside. Breakfast I think has improved a lot. I used to ask them for coupon to eat downstairs but not anymore as I kinda started to like it unless it's a zoo during Japanese holidays and Sakura time.

It's just too cheap to pass up at 6k C&P even though at times I think just go to a Tokyu Stay and then enjoy the weekend at PHT.
Old Feb 20, 2018, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've never even sniffed a sight of a suite. Consider yourself lucky Skywalker!
Old Feb 21, 2018, 6:28 am

I had a suite without using a TSU last fall but to be honest it wasn't anything special. Pretty much the same as Corner Deluxe with the couch.
Did you get the Regency or Atrium?

I never asked for lobby coupon. Perhaps I should ask next time
Old Feb 21, 2018, 11:24 am

Man, who cares about lounge food in Tokyo?! If you are eating in the hotel, that is a crime.
Old Feb 21, 2018, 8:54 pm

I stayed at this hotel 40+ times in the last few years and have something of a love/hate relationship with it. Lounge food in the evening is BAD. I don't even bother anymore and just go to grab a bite outside. Breakfast I think has improved a lot. I used to ask them for coupon to eat downstairs but not anymore as I kinda started to like it unless it's a zoo during Japanese holidays and Sakura time.

It's just too cheap to pass up at 6k C&P even though at times I think just go to a Tokyu Stay and then enjoy the weekend at PHT.
Well stated, love hate. I like the strategy too, HR during the (work) week and PHT on weekends.

Originally Posted by antonius66
Man, who cares about lounge food in Tokyo?! If you are eating in the hotel, that is a crime.
LOL, so true. Esp with so many amazing options at Shinjuku only minutes away,,,,
Old Feb 25, 2018, 2:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Well stated, love hate. I like the strategy too, HR during the (work) week and PHT on weekends.

LOL, so true. Esp with so many amazing options at Shinjuku only minutes away,,,,
Well, the lounge breakfast is very helpful when you're traveling with kids/teens and no one can get their sh*t together at the same time. Anyway, finally found out why no club rooms available for three months later this year: planned renovation of the lounge. Still hoping they don't start till after our stay (about a week into the planned reno).
Old Feb 25, 2018, 7:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Well, the lounge breakfast is very helpful when you're traveling with kids/teens and no one can get their sh*t together at the same time. Anyway, finally found out why no club rooms available for three months later this year: planned renovation of the lounge. Still hoping they don't start till after our stay (about a week into the planned reno).
And it does save money for a family of 4 or 5. Eating out in Tokyo can get pricey even eating cheap.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 8:40 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Titanium; Globalist
Do you know when they are planning to start the renovation?
We are scheduled to be there in mid August.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.