Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Lisemare
Yes, those hours are correct. Stayed here 26th -2nd Jan 2018. Best to arrive 15mins prior to opening in evening. As large families arrive and hold tables for other members later in the evening. Breakfast is mayhem between 8-9.30am.
Holding entire tables for more than 10 minutes or so is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I wish the attendants would circumvent that.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Lisemare
Yes, those hours are correct. Stayed here 26th -2nd Jan 2018. Best to arrive 15mins prior to opening in evening. As large families arrive and hold tables for other members later in the evening. Breakfast is mayhem between 8-9.30am.
Thanks, arriving at 7pm one night and don't want to miss eve food.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Tokyoite
How did you book a suite on points and cash (6k points + 80 USD /night) ?
Only the base rooms are usually offered on award reservations.
The total number of points and cash for the 5 nights will confirm whether you mistakenly booked a suite for the price of a base room (total 30k points + 400 USD) or not.

Or, did you book a base room on points and cash, then upgrade the room with cash/points to a suite?
Please tell us how many points/night and cash/night your 5 nights cost.
That I believe is your only argument left in this case.

Either there is a trick involved, or a mistake in your booking.
I suspect the later, and the mistake was unfortunately caught and rectified.
My guess is that the GP agent booked the P&C+TSU rate code by mistake, instead of the P&C rate code, not knowing that it is only bookable by Globalists when using a TSU. And when the property saw that no TSU exists in the account, they probably adjusted it back to the P&C rate in a standard room.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Thanks, arriving at 7pm one night and don't want to miss eve food.
You're not missing much...
Old Jan 11, 2018, 1:56 am

Programs: *$ Green
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Holding entire tables for more than 10 minutes or so is a HUGE pet peeve of mine. I wish the attendants would circumvent that.
It is pretty annoying, but it's pretty SOP in free for all seating settings in Tokyo.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Aventine
You're not missing much...
Truth! The last time I stayed there was a few months ago, but the offerings were truly pitiful. I've told all of my trade show compatriots to switch their stays across the street to the Hilton, which still has an excellent executive lounge with an actual bartender and a separate and very quiet lounge, open only in the evenings, for Diamonds.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by anchor79
where is the Hilton Tokyo shuttle stops? I know Hyatt is in front of the Odakyu
In front of Keio, across the street from Yodobashi Camera.
The Hyatt and Hilton shuttles run 10 minutes apart every 20 minutes so, if you miss one, you can catch the other.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 6:49 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Amb, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Club Gold
Does anyone know if the TVs they have allow for HDMI connections from a laptop? (So I can watch my own shows)

Thanks!
Old Jan 15, 2018, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by cykj
Does anyone know if the TVs they have allow for HDMI connections from a laptop? (So I can watch my own shows)

Thanks!
Yes for the standard room for the Globalist. I brought my own HDMI cable so not sure if you can borrow one from them.
Old Jan 15, 2018, 8:20 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Amb, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Carlson Club Gold
Originally Posted by woresu
Yes for the standard room for the Globalist. I brought my own HDMI cable so not sure if you can borrow one from them.
Good to know. Thanks!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 11:49 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Had a very enjoyable stay here for a long weekend prior to Christmas. The hotel was full, but surprisingly the Club lounge was not too crowded. We didn't utilize the lounge in the evenings for food, as there are too many wonderful options outside of the hotel. The breakfast spread was basic and good for a quick bite. We found the lounge staff to be friendly and efficient. This hotel is an incredible deal using points.
Old Jan 23, 2018, 12:25 am

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
Also, just completed a stay here last week - and can report no over-crowding in the lounge, except for Sat morning. As we came down and tried to enter at ~9:30 am, the lounge staff "intercepted" us, and told us it was very full inside, and gave us 2 certs for breakfast downstairs
Very nice for them to be pro-active - they didn't have us wander the room, looking for a spot

Otherwise, pretty standard stay - no upgrades available ...I think this is the only Int'l Hyatt where I have stayed 10+ times and NEVER been able to use a TSU
Did get a nice "Fuji view" room - although we only saw Fuji 2 times - 1 evening and 1 morning over 5 days...oh well
Old Jan 23, 2018, 4:19 am

Originally Posted by rwm818
Also, just completed a stay here last week - and can report no over-crowding in the lounge, except for Sat morning. As we came down and tried to enter at ~9:30 am, the lounge staff "intercepted" us, and told us it was very full inside, and gave us 2 certs for breakfast downstairs
Very nice for them to be pro-active - they didn't have us wander the room, looking for a spot

Otherwise, pretty standard stay - no upgrades available ...I think this is the only Int'l Hyatt where I have stayed 10+ times and NEVER been able to use a TSU
Did get a nice "Fuji view" room - although we only saw Fuji 2 times - 1 evening and 1 morning over 5 days...oh well
I was always given a room overlooking the tokyo government office despite stayed here for 5+ times...
Old Jan 23, 2018, 5:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by rwm818

Over 20 times in the View king room facing Central Park. Never even sniffed a chance at an Atrium suite or any other suite!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: UA- Pl (2MM), AA-Go, Delta-Silver, Hyatt-Globalist!, MR/SPG comb - Plat, Hilton - nada
good to know its not just me - this place must be one of Hyatt's busiest?
Or is it a lack of suites? I've never tried to look at the #'s...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.