Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo - Formerly Century Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Tokyo - Formerly Century Hyatt Tokyo REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hide Wikipost
Old Apr 11, 21, 11:05 am   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: hailstorm
Wiki Link
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 30, 17, 2:54 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by tdrag97 View Post
We had no issue with our family. Two small children at 3 & 6. But yes do have to contact them ahead. We didn't pay any extra
Did you stay at a regular twin room or club twin?

Did you make your reservation then contact the hotel directly? If so, did you make the reservation with only 2 adults?

I am trying to use points for a 4-night stay at this property during Sakura season.
Old Sep 21, 17, 5:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
So I'm trying to book a club room for July 2018. After June 30 for perpetuity, there are no club rooms available, regardless of revenue or award. DM on twitter to Hyatt got the reply that they haven't loaded the club rooms for booking yet. WTH? I've never seen that before, certainly not within a 365 day period.
Old Sep 21, 17, 5:43 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
So I'm trying to book a club room for July 2018. After June 30 for perpetuity, there are no club rooms available, regardless of revenue or award. DM on twitter to Hyatt got the reply that they haven't loaded the club rooms for booking yet. WTH? I've never seen that before, certainly not within a 365 day period.
Japan really does its own thing when it comes to making rooms available.
Old Sep 21, 17, 9:58 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Japan really does its own thing when it comes to making rooms available.
I agree. I've run into this a few times in Japan when trying to book well in advance of a stay. The Japanese just must not feel the need to book a hotel room so far in advance. Keep monitoring; one day inventory will suddenly become abundant.
Old Sep 21, 17, 10:22 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World View Post
I agree. I've run into this a few times in Japan when trying to book well in advance of a stay. The Japanese just must not feel the need to book a hotel room so far in advance. Keep monitoring; one day inventory will suddenly become abundant.
So the regular rooms are available but no club. Is that consistent with what you've seen? As is, I can't book at all bc need club for two adults plus child. Grrr.
Old Sep 21, 17, 10:29 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
So the regular rooms are available but no club. Is that consistent with what you've seen? As is, I can't book at all bc need club for two adults plus child. Grrr.
Just book two adults and tell them about the child via email or at check-in. It won't be a problem.
Old Sep 22, 17, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Just book two adults and tell them about the child via email or at check-in. It won't be a problem.
Some have reported that it is a problem. And anyway I'd prefer club room. If it doesn't open up in a few weeks, I'll call. The whole thing seems weird though.
Old Sep 27, 17, 6:59 pm

Does anyone know if I'm able to upgrade with points to club king room if i book my stay via the Citi prestige 4th night free benefit? ie book through Citi concierge and contact hyatt to upgrade to the club king room for 3k points per night.
Old Oct 17, 17, 4:54 pm

For those of you who've stayed here with a child, can you request a roll away or cot for an extra charge? My 9 year old needs to not be in our bed. If not, I'll bring a blow up mattress. Not paying for another room.
Old Nov 19, 17, 3:46 am

How easy is it to take the shuttle from the Shinjuku JR station to the hotel? I am traveling with kids and considering taking the Narita Express train + hotel shuttle instead of the Airport limousine bus.
Old Nov 19, 17, 4:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG View Post
How easy is it to take the shuttle from the Shinjuku JR station to the hotel? I am traveling with kids and considering taking the Narita Express train + hotel shuttle instead of the Airport limousine bus.
The shuttle itself is very easy as long as you exit the station at the right place.
Old Nov 19, 17, 4:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Platinum, Marriott Gold, Cocos Gold
Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
The shuttle itself is very easy as long as you exit the station at the right place.
There are no real obvious signs. I found it a lot easier to find the Hyatt Regency Osaka bus stop for the first time than the Hyatt Regency Tokyo bus stop.
Old Nov 19, 17, 5:17 am

Originally Posted by hailstorm View Post
There are no real obvious signs. I found it a lot easier to find the Hyatt Regency Osaka bus stop for the first time than the Hyatt Regency Tokyo bus stop.
It is not well-marked, but if you they head for Odakyu Halc/BIC Camera I thought Bus Stop No. 35 to be clear enough. But more than finding it I would worry about dragging too much luggage.
Old Nov 20, 17, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by OsakaWino View Post
But more than finding it I would worry about dragging too much luggage.
Would you please elaborate on your comment?
Old Nov 20, 17, 5:29 am

Originally Posted by LAX/HKG View Post
Would you please elaborate on your comment?
It is a fairly good walk from the JR platforms (although I'm not familiar with the N'EX platform). Not really a problem with one small-to-medium rolling suitcase, but if you have to handle more than that due to your kids, it could be a real pain. And as always in Tokyo, if you have to change levels at any time, it can sometimes be tricky to find an elevator or even an escalator.

Countless people do this kind of transfer in Tokyo every day, but the definition of whether it is "easy" can be very subjective. But if you're partly based in HKG you are likely used to making such transfers.
KCKC likes this.

Search this Thread