Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 7, 2016, 8:39 pm

Yes, the Atrium suite would work well for you. When I was booking, they did offer to let me have 3 in an atrium suite, however, in my case, that included a child under 12. You might be able to get them to add a bed if you deal with the hotel directly.
Old Dec 12, 2016, 6:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Just finished a pretty nice stay.....

Nothing really surprising, the room with a nice view I normally get. Service in general was better than the last time I remember. I also think that breakfast has improved, still a decent egg dish is missing but the rest is good. And the layout has improved as well. Evenings are a bit limited but it's still nice to have a drink before getting some real food outside.

So all in all a pretty satisfying stay.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 12, 2016 at 6:53 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by RTW1
Just finished a pretty nice stay.....

Nothing really surprising, the room with a nice view I normally get. Service in general was better than the last time I remember. I also think that breakfast has improved, still a decent egg dish is missing but the rest is good. And the layout has improved as well. Evenings are a bit limited but it's still nice to have a drink before getting some real food outside.

So all in all a pretty satisfying stay.
From comments alone, it would seem that you had a better stay here than at the Andaz.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:18 am

Just finished a 1 night stay here that followed a 1 night stay at the PHT. I'm Diamond. I am always treated really well at the HRT. I haven't stayed at the PHT for a while, but for a number of years I had about a week of paid stays a year and was treated really well, most were before I had any sort of status with Hyatt. I stay at HRT frequently for work.

Anyway PHT was total garbage. I won't stay again. HRT has improved the breakfast offerings and I couldn't have been treated better. Great hotel, even better staff. On C+P it is a wonderful deal.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:39 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by hailstorm
From comments alone, it would seem that you had a better stay here than at the Andaz.
If you factor in the rates, yes I did......

But as I stated, nothing bad with the Andaz except, again, the loudmouths at breakfast but I can hardly blame the property for that. I just don't like (personal) some things and I feel the room layout could have been so much better. And the location of the HR works better for me as well....

And it's also about expectations. When I arrived at the Andaz my bags were taken at the entrance only to be given back at the elevator. I'm perfectly capable (and even prefer to) carry my bags myself, but this was weird And when I left they called for a taxi to Tokyo station, but when I came downstairs it was just te regular taxi line where I still had to tell the driver where to go. So it's the little things that are annoying.

Sometimes the same can be said from the HR (like asking me if I would prefer a checkin at the lounge when I already was at the checkin counter downstairs) but there I expect some small discrepancies.

Last edited by RTW1; Dec 14, 2016 at 1:47 am
Old Dec 14, 2016, 5:22 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by The_Wrath_of_Khan
Just finished a 1 night stay here that followed a 1 night stay at the PHT. I'm Diamond. I am always treated really well at the HRT. I haven't stayed at the PHT for a while, but for a number of years I had about a week of paid stays a year and was treated really well, most were before I had any sort of status with Hyatt. I stay at HRT frequently for work.

Anyway PHT was total garbage. I won't stay again. HRT has improved the breakfast offerings and I couldn't have been treated better. Great hotel, even better staff. On C+P it is a wonderful deal.
If you don't mind my asking, what happened to you at the PHT?

The reason I ask is that I wanted to burn 450K points at this property for a multi-week stay in the spring to aid in my exiting the WOH program, but I don't want to waste my points at the PHT if it has gone downhill since I stayed there last summer.

I appreciate the advice.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by zombietooth
If you don't mind my asking, what happened to you at the PHT?

The reason I ask is that I wanted to burn 450K points at this property for a multi-week stay in the spring to aid in my exiting the WOH program, but I don't want to waste my points at the PHT if it has gone downhill since I stayed there last summer.

I appreciate the advice.
Rooms are dated, the carpet was balling up and coming off. We were booked a king bed despite me selecting a twin room and then it took more than 20 minutes to put us in the correct room, so much for bed-type guarantee. Despite staying at the property before I was not greeted with "welcome back" and staff seemed clueless to my stay history, breakfast is no longer order anything you want, etc. It was the little things that made this hotel for me, but I'd stay at the Andaz if I were you.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
I found the rarest beast of all at this hotel today: online award availability when a base room was NOT available at the Standard Rate!
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Rooms are dated, the carpet was balling up and coming off. We were booked a king bed despite me selecting a twin room and then it took more than 20 minutes to put us in the correct room, so much for bed-type guarantee. Despite staying at the property before I was not greeted with "welcome back" and staff seemed clueless to my stay history, breakfast is no longer order anything you want, etc. It was the little things that made this hotel for me, but I'd stay at the Andaz if I were you.
I agree the PHT lost a bit of polish but to call it dated is a bit far off.

When you selected the Twin Room, have you checked if your Hyatt profile has set the preference back to King?

They limit you are the breakfast now... to what exactly? Buffet only, no more eggs to order?

Choosing the Andaz over the PHT/HRT is a bit of a stretch location wise. Especially when staying 2 weeks as the OP plans to do (not sure I'd blast through 450k in one go at the PHT though).
Old Dec 19, 2016, 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I agree the PHT lost a bit of polish but to call it dated is a bit far off.

When you selected the Twin Room, have you checked if your Hyatt profile has set the preference back to King?

They limit you are the breakfast now... to what exactly? Buffet only, no more eggs to order?

Choosing the Andaz over the PHT/HRT is a bit of a stretch location wise. Especially when staying 2 weeks as the OP plans to do (not sure I'd blast through 450k in one go at the PHT though).
They said that my preference was set to King. I haven't looked to see if it is or not, but this would be my first reservation ever where that was changed including previous stays at the Park Hyatt.

Yes, they limit you to only the buffett. Not even an egg order was included.

I also prefer Shinjuku and would stay in the HR Tokyo and try and get a suite. I love the Atrium suites.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
They said that my preference was set to King. I haven't looked to see if it is or not, but this would be my first reservation ever where that was changed including previous stays at the Park Hyatt.

Yes, they limit you to only the buffett. Not even an egg order was included.

I also prefer Shinjuku and would stay in the HR Tokyo and try and get a suite. I love the Atrium suites.
Happened to me before as well on one occasion where I needed two beds, that's why I ask. PHT actually goes into detail of your profile and follows your preferences set there.

The breakfast situation is bad. Being able to order Egg Benedict and a Smoothie next to the beautiful but rather sparse Buffet was always a highlight. Can you still order from Room Service?

I have a paid stay coming up but now you got me thinking...
Old Dec 21, 2016, 12:47 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

The breakfast situation is bad. Being able to order Egg Benedict and a Smoothie next to the beautiful but rather sparse Buffet was always a highlight.
I was thinking the same thing.... without any side-orders it's hardly a decent breakfast.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 4:04 am

Happened to me before as well on one occasion where I needed two beds, that's why I ask. PHT actually goes into detail of your profile and follows your preferences set there.

The breakfast situation is bad. Being able to order Egg Benedict and a Smoothie next to the beautiful but rather sparse Buffet was always a highlight. Can you still order from Room Service?

I have a paid stay coming up but now you got me thinking...
I didn't ask. When I ordered a smoothie I was unpolitely told that it wouldn't be complimentary. That and they downsized the smoothies - they used to have two sizes and now have only one size that is very small. It just all seemed so petty.
Old Dec 21, 2016, 5:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't ask. When I ordered a smoothie I was unpolitely told that it wouldn't be complimentary. That and they downsized the smoothies - they used to have two sizes and now have only one size that is very small. It just all seemed so petty.
Even with a Suite Upgrade and the cocktail hour in the afternoon (Peak Time) I'm not sure I want to spend 400$ a night. I can do a C&P at the GH TYO for a third of that.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 2:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, UA
Has there been any change recently in the evening lounge offerings?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.