Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
I understand from recent reviewers that the Club evening offer isn't on the scale of other Hyatts in the region. What about the lounge's breakfast offer?
Old Nov 28, 2016, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SFO_FT
I understand from recent reviewers that the Club evening offer isn't on the scale of other Hyatts in the region. What about the lounge's breakfast offer?
Breakfast is by far the best part of the club lounge offerings. Several hot dishes, lots of great pastries, good variety of teas and cereals. Only thing missing is Japanese staples like rice and miso soup.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:18 pm

Programs: UA 1k, AA EXPLT, NZ GE, VA PLT Hyatt Diam, Marr Plat, HH Diam
Wow -- I'm shocked they don't at least have miso soup. That seems to be a staple of Hyatts across Asia-Pac.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 8:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Breakfast is by far the best part of the club lounge offerings. Several hot dishes, lots of great pastries, good variety of teas and cereals. Only thing missing is Japanese staples like rice and miso soup.
You are being very generous, which I find refreshing compared to the general spirit of this thread.
Old Nov 28, 2016, 11:17 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SFO_FT
Just an average breakfast in my opinion (still way better than nearly everything in the US), but I'm not that impressed with breakfast in the restaurant here either. But rates are cheap as well....
Old Nov 29, 2016, 12:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by thucanhho
You are being very generous, which I find refreshing compared to the general spirit of this thread.
I am not a fan of many of their policies, but the people there have always been good to me. One time they let me check in so early that I ate the club breakfast for two days on a one night stay. ^
Old Nov 29, 2016, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by RTW1
Just an average breakfast in my opinion (still way better than nearly everything in the US), but I'm not that impressed with breakfast in the restaurant here either. But rates are cheap as well....
If you are a bread fan, you won't be disappointed with the selection at club breakfast haha !
Old Dec 5, 2016, 1:55 am

I'm trying to redeem a room after Christmas, only one queen room is ava, but this queen room can only hold 1 guest. When I search two 2 guests, the room disappears. Any idea if Queen room can hold 2 guests? It's 24sqm in size (twin room is 28sqm).
Old Dec 7, 2016, 12:35 pm

Stayed here for 2 nights recently. Great HR for points in Tokyo. Location is right next to a sub way station. Took me sometime to figure out the shuttle from Shinjuku station. Concierge was great help and overall hotel staff was very helpful n courteous. Will def stay here on another visit.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by woresu
I'm trying to redeem a room after Christmas, only one queen room is ava, but this queen room can only hold 1 guest. When I search two 2 guests, the room disappears. Any idea if Queen room can hold 2 guests? It's 24sqm in size (twin room is 28sqm).
No idea if they would let you have two guests in a queen room, they were pretty sticky with occupancy when I stayed there with my family of 6. I tried to book two regular rooms on points but their occupancy was 2 per room and they weren't budging from that, so I booked two suites instead. What I can say is that the queen beds are not a North America queen bed. They are somewhere between a queen and a full and I would say closer to the full size.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Can someone provide some detailed information regarding the layout of the suites?

Are the living room and bedroom separated by a proper door?

Is the bathroom accessed from the bedroom, living room or from a shared hallway?

Thanks in advance!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:38 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Can someone provide some detailed information regarding the layout of the suites?

Are the living room and bedroom separated by a proper door?

Is the bathroom accessed from the bedroom, living room or from a shared hallway?

Thanks in advance!
No, the living room and bedroom have a slat wall that allows free passage of light and sound with a sliding slat door in the center. When I have had to work late on the spacious work desk, I have been bothersome to the sleepers. In the past, I have hung black-out sheets over the slats to help stop the light pollution, but it's an extra thing to carry-although, since I do long multi-week stays, I have carried the black table covers many times before when I was booked in a Regency Suite. See here:

https://tokyo.regency.hyatt.com/mult...ry_46.jpg.html

https://tokyo.regency.hyatt.com/mult...e_333.jpg.html

You could ask for an Atrium Suite, of which there are 7 or 8 total (one has been made into an Air France crew lounge), which has a proper sealed door bedroom, and which is very private and quiet. However, there is really no view from these rooms, other than from the work desk or the Atrium balcony. The Atrium Suite is much bigger than the Regency Suite, but they will still let you use a DSU for it.

The bathroom is accessed directly from the bedroom via a glass door which allows light transmission. The bathroom is huge by Japanese standards, but doesn't allow for much privacy.

Last edited by zombietooth; Dec 7, 2016 at 5:49 pm
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:41 pm

Regency Suite has a door between bedroom and living room, but it is made up of slats, so not a proper door. Bathroom is off the living room.
Edit: just read the answer before mine. I was quite sure that our bathroom was off the living room. Up one step and yes, with a glass door.
Old Dec 7, 2016, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Thanks for the fast responses - much appreciated!

There'll be 2-3 travellers, so in an ideal world I'd be looking for a suite with a properly separated bedroom and living room (with sofabed or rollaway) along with 1.5 bathrooms (or 1 bathroom accessible from a shared hallway).

While I've managed to book such suites at many hotels, I fully appreciate that many hotels don't offer this kind of layout, so thanks for the information!
Old Dec 7, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
Thanks for the fast responses - much appreciated!

There'll be 2-3 travellers, so in an ideal world I'd be looking for a suite with a properly separated bedroom and living room (with sofabed or rollaway) along with 1.5 bathrooms (or 1 bathroom accessible from a shared hallway).

While I've managed to book such suites at many hotels, I fully appreciate that many hotels don't offer this kind of layout, so thanks for the information!
The Atrium Suite sounds perfect for you but, in the past, they would not book it for 3 persons. Since there are two beds every Atrium Suite, you may try to work out an arrangement with the hotel for 3.

They also have bigger suites if you are not upgrading.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.