Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2007, 7:33 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by jimmychang
The hotel is now rebranded as Hyatt Regency Tokyo. Anyone know if any real change other than the brand?
Don't know - probably not - but thank you for alerting us to the change!!
Old Oct 24, 2007, 8:35 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, UA 1K, Hertz Platinum
Originally Posted by peteropny
Don't know - probably not - but thank you for alerting us to the change!!
I am staying here right now, i haven't stayed here b4 so im not certain what was change other than signage. The rooms look as pictured on hyatt.com. Not really impressed with this place at all, but i do believe you get what you pay for here at least in Japan.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 1:18 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond+, Alaska Airlines MVP, Priority Club Platinum
Hotel room was pretty average but I could not get over what an incredible value the hotel is for Tokyo. The room reminds of some of the U.S. Hyatts before the were renovated however the bedding was firm but new which is most important to me (I would prefer soft however). RC is fairly spacious and they offer a few very light appts. in the evening. Enough to lightly sample a few different things but not even close to enough to skip dinner. Don't expect to get full in the RC but I guess that is not really the point of a RC now is it? Stop into the RC during the afternoon and they offer some delicious pastries and light treats.
Now the area right around the hotel during the day drove us crazy. It was surreal - like invasion of the body snatchers or something. Hundreds of Japanese ALL dressed exactly the same in suits walked around like drones. Very interesting but extremely uncomfortable but I guess how can I criticize thousands of years of Japanese tradition. I use to prefer the interesting area around the Shinjuku train station but it has become so pushy with people trying to sell strip shows etc. that I don't like it anymore. They don't take no for an answer and follow you up the street. I must look like some sex starved American or something but I truely have no interest but they don't seem to believe me. I was amazed at how good the area around the Grand Hyatt Tokyo has become, even in the last year, and will probably choose that in the future.
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:17 am

Programs: CX Diamond, HH Diamond, A-Club Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Shangri-la Jade, Intercon Gold Ambassador
Warning! Renovations

Stayed here last week.

A few of the restaurants are undergoing renovations and will be shut down until the end of March 2008. The Chinese restaurant (Jade Garden) although not under renovation could certainly do with one!
Old Mar 3, 2008, 6:39 am

Programs: Tokyo Monorail Diamond-Encrusted-Platinum
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Don't forget, if it's during the day (maybe weekdays only?), to walk to the nearby Tokyo Metropolitan Government Bldgs and take the FREE lift to the viewing galleries on top of the tallest building in Japan!!
Open weekends too ... But it's not the tallest building in Japan.... not even the tallest in Tokyo. (It's #7 in Japan and #2 in Tokyo).
Old May 11, 2008, 3:41 am

How is the renovation at the Hyatt Tokyo? Will be in town for 3 days. Thanks.
Old May 13, 2008, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by Aircoco
How is the renovation at the Hyatt Tokyo? Will be in town for 3 days. Thanks.
Greetings from Tokyo.
Although all restaurants and bars have been resumed its operations, the hotel started a extensive guest room renovation, meaning you may hear some noise. If you are a Gold Passport member, be sure to provide your membership number when making reservations and you will be automatically assigned, when available but in most cases, a room on the renovated GP floors on level 21 to 25. Diamond members will be upgraded, if available and sometimes upon request, to the renovated Regency Club floors on level 6 to 9.

GP floor rooms feature some upgraded in-room amenities like bathrobes and personal slippers, and better view. Also, there is a GP breakfast lounge on level 6 serving coffee/tea and some bread during the breakfast hours, and "working rooms" are available on level 24/25 with a small meeting table and a complimentary copy machine and basic office supply.

Enjoy your stay in Tokyo!
Old Sep 23, 2008, 4:46 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
I stayed at this property before the renovations and am in the property now, after. The skeleton keys have been replaced with plastic keys with magnetic strips. The rooms are updated. As a Diamond I was upgraded to a Regency Club room. For Tokyo they seem quite spacious. Besides a very large bed there is also a work desk, coffee table, sofa and chair.

The 9th floor Regency Club lounge is open. It is pretty large with three main sitting areas. The drink selection during the cocktail hours is pretty good. Champagne, wine, Campari, Cassis and some other liquors. The hor d'oeuvres are ok but not sufficient to be considered a replacement for dinner. Looking forward to seeing how breakfast compares to breakfast during the previous stay.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
I've got an upcoming lengthy stay here in a week; I've stayed here many times pre-renovation, and just realized that this might affect me. Anyone stayed there recently have any comments on how much disturbance there is? Is the RC still open? As a Diamond, any tips on which are now the "best available" rooms to ask for given the renovations are in progress?

Also, anyone know what the e-mail address is for this hotel? The [email protected] which is on their website keeps getting rejected:

Code:
[email protected]
#< #5.1.1 X-Notes; User tokyo.regency ([email protected]) not listed in Domino Directory> #SMTP#
Old Dec 6, 2008, 5:58 am

The lounge was just renovated so you shouldn't have a problem. Can't help you with the rooms.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 3:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I got a regular, half-renovated room, whatever that means. But at least I have access to RC.

Free internet in rooms though ! ^

Last night I found out that all the restaurants except the Coffee House close at 930pm !

Letter from management advises that major renovation will take place on floors 6-9 which will be closed off from Jan - Mar 2009. Which means no RC Lounge.
Old Dec 10, 2008, 11:59 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I got a regular, half-renovated room, whatever that means. But at least I have access to RC.

Free internet in rooms though ! ^
I've stayed here and also in the Royal Park at Suitengumae. Both had free Internet! ^

Last night I found out that all the restaurants except the Coffee House close at 930pm !
While I was there all the restaurants were closed by the health department. There is a Denny's nearby.

Letter from management advises that major renovation will take place on floors 6-9 which will be closed off from Jan - Mar 2009. Which means no RC Lounge.
Since you are there, can you verify that the lounge will not be accessible? If this is the case I'll likely stay elsewhere during this period.
Old Dec 11, 2008, 1:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Since you are there, can you verify that the lounge will not be accessible? If this is the case I'll likely stay elsewhere during this period.
Well, that's what the front desk was trying to tell me which I found odd since its still december! I'll find out which outlet you can use when I return to the HR in 10 days'.
Old Dec 21, 2008, 5:16 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AS MVPG, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by yosithezet
I just finished my stay here, overall it was very nice and on-par with previous visits. I received a Diamond upgrade to an RC room on the 7th floor with a pretty poor view. One thing I was wondering is why, as part of the renovations, they don't move the club and RC rooms to the top floors (which are now considered "Gold Passport" floors)? Then they'd be able to improve upon the club and also offer a seamless transition without downtime. In any case, the rooms are still pre-renovation. In fact, the only main differences I noticed were in the lobby so far.

On check-in, I did get a letter about the renovations. Here's an excerpt (emphasis mine):
As you may be aware, the hotel has been going through extensive renovations. From January - March 2009, each floor (6F - 9F) being renovated will be closed off during the process and great care has been taken to minimize any inconvenience to all guests. The hotel will function as normal with the usual quality services being offered and all public areas, restaurants and function spaces are not affected except for the Regency Club Lounge (9F) and Boulogne (2F) which will suspend operations during this period.

During these renovations, the hotel will only be able to offer privileged upgrades to our Guest Rooms and View Rooms. For more information on planned alternative Regency Club Lounge services, kindly contact our Concierge or Front Office receptionists who will gladly assist you.
I'm curious what type of 'alternate arrangements' will be made for RC guests/diamonds during this timeframe. FWIW, the proper e-mail address for the hotel is [email protected]; the one on the website doesn't seem to work.
Old Feb 13, 2009, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by seadan
I'm curious what type of 'alternate arrangements' will be made for RC guests/diamonds during this timeframe. FWIW, the proper e-mail address for the hotel is [email protected]; the one on the website doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone stayed at this property during this phase of the renovations? Is the RC actually closed?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.