Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Feb 14, 2020, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

I guess not a lot of guests use their room service?
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by uppereastsider
Since they are referring to the lounge on the 1st floor, I think this is the "lounge" bar on that floor. The club lounge is on a higher floor and has been open at 6:30am for a while.
OMG of course. Im so dumb. I was kind of panicked LOL bc headed there this summer and need earlier club lounge breakfast. Thank you!
Old Feb 14, 2020, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
OMG of course. Im so dumb. I was kind of panicked LOL bc headed there this summer and need earlier club lounge breakfast. Thank you!
Your only choice for that would be the "Caffe" restaurant breakfast that opens at 6am or room service. Otherwise you're SOL.

You can ask the club lounge attendants if it's possible to get a voucher for the restaurant in case of an early departure.
Old Feb 14, 2020, 11:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Your only choice for that would be the "Caffe" restaurant breakfast that opens at 6am or room service. Otherwise you're SOL.

You can ask the club lounge attendants if it's possible to get a voucher for the restaurant in case of an early departure.
See eastsiders post above. Looks like lounge is not club lounge, so Im all set.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 4:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
See eastsiders post above. Looks like lounge is not club lounge, so Im all set.
No it's not but that won't help you. The Club Lounge isn't open at 6am so you won't be able to have breakfast there early morning.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
No it's not but that won't help you. The Club Lounge isn't open at 6am so you won't be able to have breakfast there early morning.
I dont need to go at 6am. If club lounge is open by 7 or 8, Im good.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Feb 15, 2020, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

So you cant get breakfast in the lounge until 10? Only folks on a leisure vacation will use that. How can they make lounge breakfast a benefit when it doesnt start till 10? Or maybe thats the point: effectively eliminating breakfast.
Lol, that brings breakfast into play for me. I complain when they end at 9 or 10
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TJ665
It is/was a killer value as a cat 3. Enjoyed my stay last year in April.
Still a killer value as a 4. Among other things you can still use your CC annual cert which is a phenomenal value for that annual cert
Old Feb 16, 2020, 3:53 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by TJ665
It is/was a killer value as a cat 3. Enjoyed my stay last year in April.
It costs me 15,000 Chase ultimate reward points now. Thats $225 travel cash. Not a killer value.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 8:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RedElmo
It costs me 15,000 Chase ultimate reward points now. Thats $225 travel cash. Not a killer value.
$225 for a hotel room in Tokyo is pretty good. Personally I value both Chase UR and Hyatt pts at 2c but even $300 for a hotel room in Tokyo is not bad. But of course if you can find a better cash rate you should probably pay cash.

Don't forget to include service charges and taxes in your cash rate.
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
$225 for a hotel room in Tokyo is pretty good. Personally I value both Chase UR and Hyatt pts at 2c but even $300 for a hotel room in Tokyo is not bad. But of course if you can find a better cash rate you should probably pay cash.

Don't forget to include service charges and taxes in your cash rate.
Then Im going for Airbnb. Closer to $125-$150 and I get a kitchen. Not a fair comparison. But thats why its not a killer value at 15,000 points.
Old Feb 16, 2020, 9:45 pm

Double posted
Old Feb 17, 2020, 8:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, AS MVP 75K
IMO value really depends how you plan to get around Tokyo.

If by train, Oedo line is right under the hotel and can be useful for getting around. If you're a 15 min walk to a nearby line, then you're talking 30 mins of idle time walking back and forth.

I find the location here among one of the best of all the hotels I've stayed at, an additional plus with the shuttle to Shinjuku station.
Old Feb 17, 2020, 9:22 am

staying at this hotel ATM. Its sad to see that this hotel is going up a category among all other Japanese properties. However, the hotel is like a ghost town now. Even staffs said they have not seem hotel this empty since they started working here. If the occupancy rates are low throughout the year, they may go back down to category 3 next spring?

They have already cancelled the marathon now, that's a huge cut for tourists coming to Japan.
Old Feb 22, 2020, 7:14 pm

Just finished a 5 night stay at this property! Thought it was an incredible bargain as a Category 3. For a Category 4 I’d have to weigh other options. I paid 17k for a Club King Room, primarily so I could guarantee myself a newly renovated room. Most of the comments here are spot on in terms of the Happy Hour food (not particularly memorable, but there is so much else to eat in Tokyo that it was not an issue for me, and I love hotel clubs normally). The breakfast was decent/did the job, and at 7am not crowded at all. At 9am it is much busier and if the tables fill up they will let you dine in the kitchen below.

The bathroom and shower/tub were great. Really good water pressure and I like the convenience of being able to use the tub or shower right next to each other. Makes rinsing off after a soak very easy! The automated blinds also work very well, and definitely block out all sunlight so that if you take an afternoon nap the room will still be pitch black. Access to Tochamae station was convenient as well about 50% of the time. Otherwise sometimes it was just easier to walk to Shinjuku station or Nishi-Shinjuku station.

Happy to answer any questions people might have for a recent stay!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.