Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 26, 2019, 11:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hailstorm
The pool and shuttle bus service from the hotel to Shinjuku station has permanently ended as of March 31st, 2021.
Print Wikipost

Hyatt Regency Tokyo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2019, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by tearex
Earlier this year during peak season I had two stays quite close to each other (within a week). Both had standard room booked. One was upgraded to a view deluxe room (one night stay), the other was upgraded to a club room (slightly longer stay, 3 nights). So it's absolutely possible to not get a club room as a Globalist, even for a short one night stay.

I thought both rooms were relatively comparable, renovated bathrooms or not, and wouldn't have a strict preference of one or the other. I did spend a significant amount of time awake in the rooms as I was working US hours on both stays. In the end, the rooms were what I expected given the price and season and in comparison to the other Hyatt properties in the area.
They're just a warm or cool place to sleep in. No frills.
I just need double duvets because their beds are extra hard. I find them hardee than other Tokyo Hyatts.
tearex likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 7:41 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
What are the suites like here, worth using TSU?
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by Neric
Definitely! Suites are very large, and mine had this extra area outside (no use, never really went there) the room that was still indoors and looked out over the lobby area.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 8:54 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by Neric
Absolutely. Especially if you are using points or got a good cash rate... one of the better deals you can have in Tokyo.

They are large, modern, extra spacious with a very comfortable living room. All words people don't normally associate with Tokyo hotel rooms. I last did a suite at 199/night with a TSU for a 7 night stay and am still thrilled over the deal.
tearex likes this.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 9:23 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta GM (Former PM)
I have 3 nights with cat 1-4 free nights, so guessing can't TSU those.

I'll remember this for the future.
Old Oct 3, 2019, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Has anyone had an award night option to pay for upgrade to deluxe room? I’ve gotten upgrade to view room via email for no charge (they offered as Explorist bc we need a rollaway) but I’d be happy to pay for further upgrade.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 12:17 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Has anyone had an award night option to pay for upgrade to deluxe room? I’ve gotten upgrade to view room via email for no charge (they offered as Explorist bc we need a rollaway) but I’d be happy to pay for further upgrade.
I would reach out to the hotel via email to inquire. Worse case they say is no.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver, American Airlines Platinum
Should I upgrade with points?

Hi all,

I'll be in Japan December 24th - January 1st. I'm considering staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo Dec 24 - 29 (5 nights). I'm trying to figure out which room to book using points. I'm looking at 12k hyatt points a night for the base room, or the upgraded (Deluxe I presume) room with club access. I've skimmed this thread and some people say that the base room is horrendous with the un-renovated bathroom. For those who have stayed in both, is the difference in room that noticeable? Size of the room doesn't matter too much for me, but I do want a nice view since this will be my first time in Japan. A nice bathroom is also a high priority for me. I'm considering splurging on the nicer room, but a 50% premium is kind of steep if the base room is already pretty good.

To summarize
1. Do you feel like the upgrade is worth 5k points?
2. Is the club lounge good?
3. What are the Explorist perks at this hotel? I've never used Hyatt elite benefits before, only Marriott's. How is the free breakfast, is it in the club lounge?

Any thoughts or comments are welcome, thanks!
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob, Marriott Plat, AA EXP, UA Gold
Originally Posted by IndoorCamper
Hi all,

I'll be in Japan December 24th - January 1st. I'm considering staying at the Hyatt Regency Tokyo Dec 24 - 29 (5 nights). I'm trying to figure out which room to book using points. I'm looking at 12k hyatt points a night for the base room, or the upgraded (Deluxe I presume) room with club access. I've skimmed this thread and some people say that the base room is horrendous with the un-renovated bathroom. For those who have stayed in both, is the difference in room that noticeable? Size of the room doesn't matter too much for me, but I do want a nice view since this will be my first time in Japan. A nice bathroom is also a high priority for me. I'm considering splurging on the nicer room, but a 50% premium is kind of steep if the base room is already pretty good.

To summarize
3. What are the Explorist perks at this hotel? I've never used Hyatt elite benefits before, only Marriott's. How is the free breakfast, is it in the club lounge?

I wouldn't call it horrendous. The main difference was a separate shower booth, separate toilet room. Regular room had tub/shower together and the toiler in same bathroom.
I've been there twice as Explorist and both times I was upgraded 2 tiers to view Deluxe room. Both times I could see Mt. Fuji far away with good weather.
The regular room was upgraded 1 tier to higher floor as a Discoverist. I dont remember the view during this stay.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:13 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by VoiD
I wouldn't call it horrendous. The main difference was a separate shower booth, separate toilet room. Regular room had tub/shower together and the toiler in same bathroom.
I've been there twice as Explorist and both times I was upgraded 2 tiers to view Deluxe room. Both times I could see Mt. Fuji far away with good weather.
The regular room was upgraded 1 tier to higher floor as a Discoverist. I dont remember the view during this stay.

Ya. I’ve been there twice and if you have status they usually upgrade you
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I'm not sure I would pick this hotel for a first visit to Japan in December, especially if one has higher Starriott status. I think ti would be better to be in the Ginza/Imperial Palace/Tokyo Station/Hibya area (Hyatt Centric or Courtyard Ginza?), or maybe in one of the Prince hotels colocated on grounds with gardens close to Shinagawa station where Bonvoy Tits would get lounge access.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 9:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Hi all,

To summarize

Upthread July 2018 I posted photos from the non deluxe room and bathroom. Club lounge was good but many say for Asia it is nothing to write home about. But bc I haven’t stayed at many Hyatt’s I didn’t have a point of reference. It’s not as nice as HR TST HK but plenty nice for the uninitiated.

I’m returning in 2020 bc of location and value. We need two rooms for our family so 12k/room is way better than 25k/room. Glad to hear some folks are getting a double upgrade for Explorist. I am going to request that.
Old Oct 8, 2019, 11:16 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I'm not sure I would pick this hotel for a first visit to Japan in December, especially if one has higher Starriott status. I think ti would be better to be in the Ginza/Imperial Palace/Tokyo Station/Hibya area (Hyatt Centric or Courtyard Ginza?), or maybe in one of the Prince hotels colocated on grounds with gardens close to Shinagawa station where Bonvoy Tits would get lounge access.
CY Ginza (unless they renovated in the last year or two) would be similar to an unrenovated room.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 12:08 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Explorist, United Silver, American Airlines Platinum
Thank you everyone for your replies, that was quick!

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I took a look at the offerings Marriott had for the area, and the good options all seem to be booked up for award travel. The top choices, Courtyard Tokyo Station, Ginza, Prince Gallery, were all unavailable. The Ritz was available, but it would be 400K Bonvoy (8.3K USD, 2 CPP). I can't justify spending my points a great hotel experience when I would be out for most of the day anyway.

I currently have the Westin Tokyo booked for 5 nights with SNA applied(180K Bonvoy, ~2,200 USD, 1.22 CPP). But I'm strongly considering switching to the Hyatt Regency Tokyo for the standard room (60K Hyatt, ~1.5K USD, 2.5 CPP). I was initially concerned about maximizing hotel perks (lounge, bfast and alcohol offerings), but I've begun to reconsider if I want to even eat that much hotel food. It would be foolish to over-rely on the hotel food options when there's great cuisine nearby. Fingers crossed for a decent upgrade at the Hyatt. Too bad SNA aren't transferable between programs haha

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Upthread July 2018 I posted photos from the non deluxe room and bathroom. Club lounge was good but many say for Asia it is nothing to write home about. But bc I haven’t stayed at many Hyatt’s I didn’t have a point of reference. It’s not as nice as HR TST HK but plenty nice for the uninitiated.

I’m returning in 2020 bc of location and value. We need two rooms for our family so 12k/room is way better than 25k/room. Glad to hear some folks are getting a double upgrade for Explorist. I am going to request that.
Thanks for the pics, I missed those somehow.
Old Oct 9, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: DL Platinum, AA Plat Pro, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic 3, Amtrak Select
Hi all,

To summarize

1) yes if you’ll take advantage of breakfast and or evening drinks/appetizers. If I didn’t have status I’d gladly pay 5k extra points daily for breakfast.

2) it’s very good compared to a lounge in the US, but is very average compared to most other Asian club lounges. Breakfast has a wide variety of hot and cold Japanese and American style breakfast. Evenings are snacks, cheese, free alcohol and a daily hot item that is delivered from waitstaff.

3) Free breakfast is only in the club lounge if you have a club room. No free breakfast for explorists. For globalists our breakfast choice is the club, although I went there once when it was overcrowded and got offered a restaurant breakfast instead

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.