Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

You staying you have been staying at Hyatts for a long time when...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2003, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton

...you can remember when they gave you a robe for staying on the Regency Club floor (right IndyHyattHopper)?
Old Jan 18, 2003, 3:43 pm

Programs: AA 2MM LT PLT, DL DM 2MM, MC LT Titanium, IHG Spire, HY Glbist
When the bellman, deskclerk, and room service waiter great you by name.

This happens to me often at the HY DFW and the HY GCM, two of my frequent haunts.

------------------
Not sure where I'm going, but I'm getting there fast.
Old Jan 19, 2003, 6:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BoulderHyattHopper:
...you can remember when they gave you a robe for staying on the Regency Club floor (right IndyHyattHopper)?</font>
... go to the Regency in Santiago, or the Erawan in Bangkok - for all the recognition one would ever dream off ...
to great Hotels well run by young dynamic Managers ...

-&gt; and if you are heading to the Erawan this week, Toby on the road will be at his ' home away from home ' lets catch up for a few drinks at the bar in the lower lobby ( the one with the nice ladies and the great wine )

cheers - best wishes to all
Toby on the road
Old Jan 19, 2003, 8:02 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
...you could discuss with front-desk staff about decent walk-up rates (no reservation made).
Nowadays they are checking their computers to see what the applicable room-rate will be for the night.

And what the computer is saying is the verdict .......
Old Jan 20, 2003, 9:56 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
When staff at a resort property know you by name even if you only visit once a year (GH Bali)

Muerz

good to see you back BHH!

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu
Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:42 am

We stayed at the Maui Hyatt every year for the last 10 years on our anniversary. We used to love the looks other guests around us would give us when the waitress at the pool would come up to us after the third or fourth year and greet us by name and give us a big aloha kiss. They must have thought we were there all the time...but I'll tell you what, its service like that that keeps us going back!
Old Jan 20, 2003, 10:03 pm

Programs: Many
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by chfenton:
We stayed at the Maui Hyatt every year for the last 10 years on our anniversary. We used to love the looks other guests around us would give us when the waitress at the pool would come up to us after the third or fourth year and greet us by name and give us a big aloha kiss. They must have thought we were there all the time...but I'll tell you what, its service like that that keeps us going back! </font>
And Mrs. unagi1 and I get the same treatment from Barbara at the pool at the Hyatt Waikiki.

Old Jan 23, 2003, 2:34 pm

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
You staying you have been staying at Hyatts for a long time when.....

you got invited to the weekly management cocktail parties..to come across all kind of 'important' things or just nice chatting with GM's to find out the latest news.

[edited for spelling error]

[This message has been edited by ben20 (edited 01-23-2003).]

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.