Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

FYI Booking "internet" rate at Hyatt.com. What a mess! You are advised.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2003, 10:43 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador

Last week I booked a internet rate for the Hyatt San Jose at Hyatt.com . When I arrived at the Hotel it was like they did not even know me let alone my status as a Diamond. Nothing pre-assigned and/or held as a Diamond. Given rotten older room with no options to move. When I checked out my bill was 27 cents. Asked where the rest was. Told I have to rely upon my credit card statement. Called Hotel upon my return.
Told they have been having problems with our status coming over on reservations booked via this pre-paid method. You must show you card at check-in. Not a good system. My points did post correctly except for GP. Another warning. When you book use your MC if you want FFN. If you think you are going to change it at check-in after reserving with lets say AMEX it is not happening. I have two separate charges on my MC account for this one stay. Sorry if this has been written about before. FYI
Old Jan 22, 2003, 12:40 pm

I'be never had a problem with the internet rate. But seems to me you could have avoided all of this by simply using one of the best Diamond benefits - the 1-800-CHECKIN service that you could have called at 9:00 a.m. You would have been upgraded, checked in, etc. all in advance of your arrival (and before only lousy rooms remained). The 1-800-CHECKIN service is actually what has made me most loyal to Hyatt, since I avoid any of the front desk negotiations/battles that always seem to be the case at other chains.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 3:37 pm

I've also never had problems using the internet rate, which is the most common rate I use. My usual practice is to call the front desk manager the day or two prior to checking in to see if a suite can be blocked for me. I've never had anyone deny me this because of a low rate. It sounds like this might be a problem for this particular hotel but not a systemwide issue.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 6:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I never had a problem with the internet rates booked through Hyatt.com either. But, I do add "GP Diamond Member" to the "comments" section when I book the reservation.

My last internet stay was two weeks ago at the Hyatt DC on Capitol Hill. I didn't even use 800-CHECKIN, and they had my room keys, Diamond amenity card and breakfast coupons ready when I checked in at the front desk. When I got to my room I was pleasantly surprised to have been upgraded to the "Capitol View Suite."
Old Jan 22, 2003, 7:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Sounds like a Hyatt SJC problem. Thanks
Old Jan 22, 2003, 8:34 pm
Suspended

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE:

Sounds like a Hyatt SJC problem. Thanks</font>
It is not an isolated problem. I did note that I was a Diamond for the Park Hyatt DC and I did get an upgrade. However, I needed to submit the bill to my wife for her business travel, and the rate that was pre-paid did not show up as a charge -- it went directly to my credit card bill.

Fortunately, the hotel obliged me and typed up a bill reflecting the pre-payment amount as well as all additional charges.

So there is a problem re: pre-payment charges showing up on the bill.
Old Jan 22, 2003, 10:02 pm

I would also recommend using 1-800-CHECK-IN to avoid this, but I've also not had a problem using these rates all the time at SFO HR. (And they usually have me pre-booked into a room when the 800-check-in agent checks the reservation.)

-David
Old Jan 22, 2003, 10:47 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I agree with "777" I just put diamond GP in the comment box --- I've never had a problem
Old Jan 22, 2003, 11:28 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Are they still calling that piece of garbage a Hyatt. That is the worst hotel I think I have ever stayed at- right up there with Motel 6's I might have stayed in a s a teenager.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.