Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Platinum Extras Certificate, what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Platinum Extras Certificate, what?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2012, 10:03 pm

Programs: UA, US, AA, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Gold, & PC
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
It doesn't matter how you got your status.

Then it's every 3 stays.

https://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits...p_platinum.jsp

-David
Extra Plantinum Awards are different than these certificates. After every three stays, you will get the award added to your account, Typically 1,000 points.

Originally Posted by lrluis
After reading this thread, I just realized I had a couple left tucked away in my drawer. They expire tonight... yikes.

Anyone have luck convincing a rep to extend the due date?
Sorry dude, you are out of luck.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:26 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
That's what I used to do, and I would just get lounge access. Try it and report back.

-David
I did get upgraded to the club floor with club access at GR DC. My room wasn't ready for nearly five hours after i showed up at the hotel though, so I wandered DC in triple-digit heat. I ended up only visiting the club during the evening desert spread, and it's a really small club. Glad I could get some value out of the cert.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by aau
I did get upgraded to the club floor with club access at GR DC. My room wasn't ready for nearly five hours after i showed up at the hotel though, so I wandered DC in triple-digit heat. I ended up only visiting the club during the evening desert spread, and it's a really small club. Glad I could get some value out of the cert.
Couldn't you have gotten access to the club while waiting for your room?
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:15 pm
aau

Programs: AA Plat Pro, UA MM Gold, HHonors Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Plat, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by hailstorm
Couldn't you have gotten access to the club while waiting for your room?
Not permitted. Was allowed to use the fitness room.
Old Jul 6, 2012, 3:18 pm

Programs: Various
Originally Posted by devastor
Extra Plantinum Awards are different than these certificates. After every three stays, you will get the award added to your account, Typically 1,000 points.

Sorry dude, you are out of luck.
Too bad, I forgot that I had two of these certificates and blew past the expiry date.
Old Aug 20, 2012, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by alanisrox69
I got my Platinum "package" in the mail today.

I'm a bit confused with the Platinum Extras Certificate that was included:

Regency Club/Grand Club Upgrade -- Only for paid stays and only in the USA/Canada, what good is this? I'm going to Europe at the end of June
Is it good for ANY bookable rate? AAA? Senior? Advanced Purchase? I have a couple upcoming stays and will receive my Cert. soon.

Forgot a Corporate rate. Yea or Nay?

Last edited by philemer; Aug 20, 2012 at 7:50 pm
Old Aug 20, 2012, 8:46 pm

I'm pretty sure it's any eligible stay. So "yes" to eligible AAA, Senior, Adv Purchase, and Corp rates.

-David
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm pretty sure it's any eligible stay. So "yes" to eligible AAA, Senior, Adv Purchase, and Corp rates.

-David
Aloha David:

Here's what it says on the back of my recently received cert.:
"An 'eligible rate' shall be defined as any hotel published rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on Hyatt.com, the Hyatt daily rate, Volume account rates, AAA and Senior Citizen Rates." Since corporate rates are published (after you enter the code) I'm assuming they qualify. I'll let you know next month.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 11:49 am

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Does anyone know how long it take to credit the 1000 pts for dining ?
Thanks
Old Sep 10, 2012, 4:26 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Originally Posted by philemer
Aloha David:

Here's what it says on the back of my recently received cert.:
"An 'eligible rate' shall be defined as any hotel published rate, including, but not limited to, rates found on Hyatt.com, the Hyatt daily rate, Volume account rates, AAA and Senior Citizen Rates." Since corporate rates are published (after you enter the code) I'm assuming they qualify. I'll let you know next month.
FWIW, I called Hyatt CS to ask about this and they said it's basically any paid rate; I suppose as long as you're not trying to use it on an award stay you should be fine. He even went out of his way to let me know it could be combined with a Hyatt Freetime promo (1 night free for every 2 days stay and daily breakfast for 2).

I know this is a case of "what the rep said over the phone" but I'll report back after my trip next week on a corporate rate.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: AA mm, Hilton Dime, Hyatt Xpl.& PC Plat, Miracle Fruit-su club
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Does anyone know how long it take to credit the 1000 pts for dining ?
Thanks
I used one at a restaurant at the HR Huntington Beach - hadn't posted in 3 weeks, a call to GP fixed immediately.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 5:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jlin011
FWIW, I called Hyatt CS to ask about this and they said it's basically any paid rate; I suppose as long as you're not trying to use it on an award stay you should be fine. He even went out of his way to let me know it could be combined with a Hyatt Freetime promo (1 night free for every 2 days stay and daily breakfast for 2).

I know this is a case of "what the rep said over the phone" but I'll report back after my trip next week on a corporate rate.
Yes, that's the story the rep. gave me too. He said the corp. rate is a "Volume acct. rate". Hopefully there will be "availability". Let us know how it goes.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 10:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Go Bears!
Originally Posted by philemer
Yes, that's the story the rep. gave me too. He said the corp. rate is a "Volume acct. rate". Hopefully there will be "availability". Let us know how it goes.
Unfortunately it was a busy week/weekend at the Hyatt Regency Atlanta so the Regency level upgrade wasn't available (but all indications were that the certificate was indeed good on a corp rate). However, I was put into a pretty nice room one level below Regency and the front desk agreed to provide club access.
Old Sep 23, 2012, 11:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt dia
I requested one of these anticipating using the Club upgrade option for an upcoming stay. It took about 3 weeks to arrive in the mail but turns out the Club upgrade is no longer an option.

Options available on the platinum certificate were:
-Complimentary food and beverage amenity
-1500 bonus points for dining
or
Hyatt Place/House
-Complimentary beverage

In any case, I received 1000 instant points after calling CS.

Am sad that I can't into the GH Seattle Club though
Old Sep 24, 2012, 6:39 pm

Originally Posted by updawg
I requested one of these anticipating using the Club upgrade option for an upcoming stay. It took about 3 weeks to arrive in the mail but turns out the Club upgrade is no longer an option.
They still offer it, the cert you get depends on which stay you got it for ... the one you described sounds like stay 3 & 6 version.

http://www.hyatt.com/gp/en/benefits/...p_platinum.jsp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.