Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2019, 5:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
I really enjoyed their Asian restaurant. If Iīm in Asia I prefer "local" food. Thatīs my "problem" with French restaurants, even if I know they have a richh tradition in Vietnam.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
I had stayed here as a Glob the beginning of 2018 and experienced lackluster breakfast at Opera - for the asian hot options. Suite, arrival gifts, etc. The 2nd floor restaurant had a pretty big issue with food and staff as well. They sent a survey, F&B manager followed up, and it's nice to see that the issues has been hopefully fixed.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 3:20 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Currently staying here. Friendly staff, but there have been major issues with our room during renovations. It looks like they are still selling out all their rooms despite somerooms with noise and smell issues from the construction. They're currently working to find us another room. They've spent 5 hours today looking without success.

I can't recommend staying here until renovations are completed in August.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by soartoday
Currently staying here. Friendly staff, but there have been major issues with our room during renovations. It looks like they are still selling out all their rooms despite somerooms with noise and smell issues from the construction. They're currently working to find us another room. They've spent 5 hours today looking without success.

Ouch. Didn't realize they're going through renovations. Staying there in about 2 weeks..
Old Jul 11, 2019, 12:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Renovations? Interesting after the closure in 2015.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by offerendum
My thoughts exactly. What on earth are they renovating? Rooms are pristine and restaurants were also updated not too long ago!
offerendum likes this.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 5:09 am

Programs: AS Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Starriott LTPP
Originally Posted by scented
My thoughts exactly. What on earth are they renovating? Rooms are pristine and restaurants were also updated not too long ago!
Originally Posted by offerendum
Originally Posted by phant0m
Ouch. Didn't realize they're going through renovations. Staying there in about 2 weeks..
Lobby level, possibly mezzanine as well. At least one floor of rooms is undergoing work. I didn't have time to ask for details on top of dealing with our issues. The chemicals used as part of renovations (in addition to cigarette smoke presumably from workers) seemed to seep into the HVAC vents, causing multiple people in my group to fall ill during our stay.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 8:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lobby level, possibly mezzanine as well. At least one floor of rooms is undergoing work. I didn't have time to ask for details on top of dealing with our issues. The chemicals used as part of renovations (in addition to cigarette smoke presumably from workers) seemed to seep into the HVAC vents, causing multiple people in my group to fall ill during our stay.
Unbelievible! Beside disgusting smoke (not so uncommon in Asia) and chemicals (who knows what they use!) the lobby was "freshly renovated" 2015. Wired situation.....
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Absolutely disgusting.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 12:17 pm

They emailed me alerting of the construction before my stay. I emailed them back about my concerns and let's see how they respond.
offerendum and scented like this.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:24 pm
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
We have a one night stay coming up August 4. What is the expected end of renovations?
Old Jul 18, 2019, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by yosithezet
We have a one night stay coming up August 4. What is the expected end of renovations?
Just checked in. They said a month. They put me on the 8th floor far away from the construction.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:04 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Does anyone have the contact of the world of Hyatt coordinator at this hotel.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 8:46 am

Programs: United 1K, AC 50K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriot Platinum
I am interested in staying here with my family next year. Unfortunately my kids will be 4 and 8 years old and not even the tops end suites seem to have space/beds for us in one room. I'm not really interested in splitting up the family into two rooms as it would mean that my wife and I would be in separate rooms. I can use a TSU for a suite but I don't think that the standard will fit us all. We stayed here a couple of years ago when the kids were 1 and 5 years old in a standard suite and we had a crib and a rollaway but that won't work this time. A few years back I stayed in an executive suite by myself and although it was huge, there was only one King bed. I'm pretty sure that none of the rooms have pull out beds. Any suggestions? What have others done with a family of four with young kids?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by gspurr
I am interested in staying here with my family next year. Unfortunately my kids will be 4 and 8 years old and not even the tops end suites seem to have space/beds for us in one room. I'm not really interested in splitting up the family into two rooms as it would mean that my wife and I would be in separate rooms. I can use a TSU for a suite but I don't think that the standard will fit us all. We stayed here a couple of years ago when the kids were 1 and 5 years old in a standard suite and we had a crib and a rollaway but that won't work this time. A few years back I stayed in an executive suite by myself and although it was huge, there was only one King bed. I'm pretty sure that none of the rooms have pull out beds. Any suggestions? What have others done with a family of four with young kids?
I their Executive Suites is enough space in my eyes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.