Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:38 pm

I am hoping to go to Vietnam sometime soon and would like to stay here. The reviews definitely make me even more interested in staying.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by portlandexpos04

I am really looking forward to my next visit here.
Excellent to hear your stay was so good! This is my favorite property in the city.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 10:40 pm

Programs: P THAI,Diamond HYATT
It truely is superb, it is the best Hyatt we've stayed at, for service
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:42 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We returned here during November with our 2 young children and my mother in law and had another great stay. We had booked about 6 months in advance and made a special request to get the suite on the pool level and a nearby regular room. I called the week of our arrival and had them re-read the notes in the reservation and that triggered someone to take action and block the appropriate rooms. The restaurant is now no longer really all that special, my two cents is that there are so many good places to eat now in Saigon, even in this category. I found it ok food, but really overpriced compared to our other meals around town the other nights. We alternated swimming in the pool, lounging around the deck areas of the rooms and hitting the town to shop. We've been visiting since the property first opened and I have to say, it is still a great stay and a real value.
Old Jul 20, 2012, 4:00 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SGC Gold, IHG Plat, Delta Diamond, Cont Gold, US Air Chairmans
Originally Posted by BKKROP
It truely is superb, it is the best Hyatt we've stayed at, for service
Same here. It is probably my new favorite location. I am here now on a 5 day stay with wife and kids (2 rooms on points) - Even on points I was upgraded to a 3 room suite. Bottle of wine at check in, candies, some bread type treats and two bowls of assorted fruit every day.

We enjoy the breakfast here much more than we do at the Park Hyatt in Paris and Chicago. (locations given for comparison)

My wife prefers the spa here to the one in Paris as well. Although both nice, the pricing here is much better allowing her to splurge more for less.

Win Win. ^
Old Jul 21, 2012, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by antonius66
I am hoping to go to Vietnam sometime soon and would like to stay here. The reviews definitely make me even more interested in staying.
The InterContinental is better if you are RA.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 9:11 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
What is the diamond breakfast at this property? Any recent experiences?
Old Nov 5, 2012, 6:54 pm
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
An excellent breakfast buffet with additional made to order hot choices. Really one of my favorite places for breakfasts out of all Hyatts.
Old Nov 5, 2012, 10:38 pm

Programs: UAL SPG Hyatt
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
What is the diamond breakfast at this property? Any recent experiences?
It is in the cafe right off the lobby. EXCELLENT.

From memory, selection includes typical breakfast buffet items (eggs to order, pastries, fruit, 2-3 types of yogurt, sliced meats to order) and then also a separate list of warm/hot items you can order (noodles in soup, fried crab noodles, other local specialties). Service was excellent and they have pretty good strong coffee too.

Try and grab a table in the glass "atrium" area if you like the "sitting in sunshine and enjoying breakfast" experience.
Old Nov 7, 2012, 6:52 am

Programs: Krisflyer (SQ) Gold Membership, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Accor Platinum and Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SometimesFlyer
It is in the cafe right off the lobby. EXCELLENT.

From memory, selection includes typical breakfast buffet items (eggs to order, pastries, fruit, 2-3 types of yogurt, sliced meats to order) and then also a separate list of warm/hot items you can order (noodles in soup, fried crab noodles, other local specialties). Service was excellent and they have pretty good strong coffee too.

Try and grab a table in the glass "atrium" area if you like the "sitting in sunshine and enjoying breakfast" experience.
Yes, you are correct. I would like to add more information in regards to the brekky. The hot items include the traditional Vietnamese foods such as Vietnamese noodle Pho and Beef or chicken with broken rice. furthermore, you may also order pancake and/ waffle. The service and the quality of the food here is top notch. Good luck!
Old Feb 28, 2013, 6:33 pm
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Staying there this weekend, can't wait, my first Park Hyatt
Old Mar 13, 2013, 7:43 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
Stayed here last week and was given a nice discount for 2 Lam Son of 50% off all food and drinks (but not bottles of wines & spirits) between 5pm and 8pm and 25% off from 8pm to close.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 5:42 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Just finished a 3 night stay in one of the suites. The breakfast really is that good. The only problem is that you can get so full that you'll miss out on eating your way around the city. One note, remember that ca phe sua da [iced coffee with condensed milk] is on the breakfast menu and they make a really good one. The service and hotel were also very nice too. The concierges were good too although they had a hard time finding bia hoi for me. FYI: There is a joint selling it down the street that is open during the day until 8PM - I think that late (?). It was a fun place for a few/many adult beverages.

Cheers -

Originally Posted by GB
An excellent breakfast buffet with additional made to order hot choices. Really one of my favorite places for breakfasts out of all Hyatts.
Old Jul 11, 2013, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by thegrailer
The only problem is that you can get so full that you'll miss out on eating your way around the city. One note, remember that ca phe sua da [iced coffee with condensed milk] is on the breakfast menu and they make a really good one.
+1. I have my bowl of Pho + Banh Mi and cafe sua da for breakfast. But then I can't go to Quan Ngon for Lunch because I am too full.
Old Jul 14, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
I'll be staying at this hotel for three nights two weeks from now - any recommendations on good nearby restaurants for dinner? I'm especially interested in any Vietnamese restaurants, but I will eat pretty much any kind of food. Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.