Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Saigon REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 21, 2014, 11:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
I'm headed here June 13-16. Booked with C+P and used a DSU. I have a friend staying with me. Since I assume the suite will only have a single king bed, will there be a pull out in the living room?
Old May 22, 2014, 5:41 am

Programs: AS 100K, UA MM, AA MM, IC Plat Amb, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Enjoying my stay at the PH Saigon now, on a combination Hyatt Credit Card Free night and C&P stay. No upgrade, wine, or breakfast for this Platinum member, but I did get a gift of 4 muffins in a box. Check-in was super slow, so after waiting about 5 minutes, they invited me to have a seat in the lobby lounge, gave me a welcome drink, and checked me in there.

Overall, I find the PH Saigon to be a wonderful oasis after a long day of sightseeing. And I am happy to report that the air conditioning works very well.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:04 am

Programs: Singapore Air, Delta, United 1K, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Starwood
Another great Hyatt in Asia

We just completed a stay at the Park Hyatt Saigon as a result of the political instability that exists in Bangkok that forced us to alter our original plans. We probably would have never visited Vietnam but so happy that we did as we enjoyed our visit immensely.

The hotel was just fantastic and made us feel comfortable from the moment we arrived. We encountered friendly smiles and outstanding hospitality and customer service in every corner of the hotel and were made to feel at home so very far away from home" every minute of every day.

We have always expressed our admiration for the Hyatt Hotels in Asia as being the best in the world and the Park Hyatt Saigon is no exception.

I would be remiss if I did not recognize and bring Leon Mendels, Front Office Manager to your attention for his untiring effort to assist in any and every way possible. We observed him every day of our visit in every part of the hotel assisting guests and colleagues in a myriad of ways. On one occasion he could be found a block away from the hotel assisting hotel guests with directions from a key intersection. We have never seen a more visible and helpful member of any Hyatt Leadership Team anywhere.

As we have done previously when hotels have provided outstanding hospitality and customer service, we have created this slideshow to express our sincere appreciation to all of the members of this outstanding team that we met during our visit. (use the link below to view)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4V...it?usp=sharing
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:41 am

Programs: BA GLD for LIfe, AA PLT 2 MM miler, B6 Mosaic, Star GLD; HH Diamond; Marriott PLT, IHG Plat
We had a great stay here in January. Staff were really nice. Met some nice guests at the fairly elaborate breakfasts. Room was terrific. Can't be more positive.
Old Aug 15, 2014, 7:15 pm
JWo

Programs: MPC DM / UA *A Gold / Hyatt Glob / SPG Gold
Datapoint: Booked Park King on My Elite Rate. Was offered a paid upgrade to Executive Suite at US$250. Hyatt Plat Status.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 12:05 am

Booked at PH for honeymoon in March and got an email from GM saying the hotel can't honor my reservation because hotel is closing March 3 for 13 weeks for renovation. Bummer. Was hoping to stay here. What do folks recommend as an alternative (and can I expect any compensation from PH)?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 2:56 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Originally Posted by Ross0
Booked at PH for honeymoon in March and got an email from GM saying the hotel can't honor my reservation because hotel is closing March 3 for 13 weeks for renovation. Bummer. Was hoping to stay here. What do folks recommend as an alternative (and can I expect any compensation from PH)?
I think the Asiana is the next best alternative. Quiet, luxurious atmosphere and nice rooms. Much nicer than the Sheraton or the Sheraton Tower. If the Hyatt notified you almost five months ahead of time, I don't think any compensation is warranted.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 7:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Tower at the Sheraton- just around the corner. As long as you are in the newer Tower (which can be booked/confirmed) you should be in OK shape.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:48 am

A quick primer on the renovations. Might be timed to upgrade things as I think the Le Meridien is opening around the time upgrades are finished, if the latest delay for Meridien has not been replaced by yet another delay. Also it's not bad timing either, as tons of construction for the metro system station going in nearby, so might as well join the fun.

I actually don't know if links are ok for this type of thing. If not, someone ping me and I'll take it down.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/travel/...rch-33399.html

Last edited by maverick17; Nov 1, 2014 at 10:07 am
Old Nov 1, 2014, 8:58 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by maverick17
A quick primer on the renovations. Might be timed to upgrade things as I think the Le Meridien is opening around the time upgrades are finished, if the latest delay is on track.

I actually don't know if links are ok for this type of thing. If not, someone ping me and I'll take it down.

http://www.thanhniennews.com/travel/...rch-33399.html
This type of link is fine.
Old Nov 1, 2014, 7:48 pm

Location: YVR - Vancouver, with most winter weekends in Whistler.
Programs: Aeroplan 35K, Alaska MVP, Marriott Titanium / Lifetime Platinum, Hertz President's Circle
Attempted to make a booking for April 2015 and indeed the reservation availability has been pulled down from the website. There is no mention of the renovation at Hyatt.com though...

It's disappointing as I was looking forward to staying here.

Is the Sheraton Towers the best alternate ?
Old Nov 2, 2014, 12:23 am

Sheraton is pretty good. I think the Intercontinental is better. Sofitel also isn't bad, although a tiny bit further from the action.
Old Nov 2, 2014, 3:09 am

Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Yes. Saigon has slim pickings but I believe the Sheraton Towers is the best alternative to the Park Hyatt (at least until Le Meridien opens)

I stayed at the Sheraton Towers level last week and it was great. Modern stylish rooms, truly excellent service and good location.

An example of the Towers lounge service: I left my vitamins in my suitcase at the hotel and realised I wanted them during the day, so the Towers lounge staff went and found them and brought to me in a taxi without breaking a sweat and with no communication difficulties.

The Sheraton non-Towers rooms are to be avoided at all cost.

I am not a fan of the Intercontinental - it feels very bland and American to me.

If you want something different with a bit of a Park Hyatt feel, try Nguyen du Park Villas. They are apartments but you can book by the night. There is a beautiful pool and a Thann spa downstairs that does massages that are to die for. No room service but you can get on http://eat.vn and order amazing food from basically any restaurant in Saigon.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:13 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We're on the last day of our latest stay here, been coming here since it opened, although a bit less often since we moved back to the US.

This stay didnt disappoint, but I would caution anyone that there is some pretty significant construction in the pool area. The pool is open, but there is noise emanating from the construction area right above the property wall at the end of the pool. It's pretty loud and most of the day. We dont really care and probably wouldnt have changed our trip, but it is more significant than anything I have been lead to beleive. If you want quiet (well not total quiet bc you are still going to hear the HCMC horns,etc!), you may want to call and ask whether that work is still ongoing. In addition, I was told the construction on the other end of the pool (near the spa) would be done by Nov 20 (and we adjusted travel partially based on that) but the spa is still a mess. They are months off schedule on that work. The spa is open, my wife is in there now, so I will update with info on how much this unfinished work impacted her enjoyment of the spa.

A few other comments:
(1) the proficiency of English at the hotel is now pretty high, including a much larger group of staff (all the housekeeping staff now speak English very well for example). Thinking back to our first visit here 9 years ago, it is nothing short of amazing, as then we had challenges with some basic requests with the front of the house staff downstairs.
(2) It's not just english skills, overall the staff have continued to up their game. I really enjoy the quality and type of service here. We checked in at 7pm, and by 8 we were sitting at Square One, with our kids in the room with a baby sitter (from housekeeping). We hadn't planned this, but asked and voila, it was all sorted in a matter of minutes. Same thing for dinner last night, baby sitting and dinner reservation at Cuc Gach Quan all arranged very quickly.
(3) best in house baby sitting in the world ;-) No kidding. The housekeeping staff has a number of young moms who are happy to sit, we have three under 6 and have found 2 women who have been amazing with our kids, and very affordable.
(4) food remains good, Square One still strikes me as over priced for what you get. Breakfast remains one of the best, love the vietnamese options.
(5) The hotel is still in decent shape, but has taken a beating over the last decade. I'm interested to see what they do to it in the renovation process. I could see them re-doing some trim work, etc that has chipped or worn.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: SBUX Gold
Originally Posted by worldtraveller73
Attempted to make a booking for April 2015 and indeed the reservation availability has been pulled down from the website. There is no mention of the renovation at Hyatt.com though...

It's disappointing as I was looking forward to staying here.

Dangit, was planning on booking for April 2015. I guess we'll have to find a Plan B.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.