Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Toronto Park Hyatt

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2002, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

Toronto Park Hyatt

Considering a stay in Toronto with my family in April. Any feedback would be appreciated. Searched board and have found some pro's and con's for this property.
Old Feb 28, 2002, 3:08 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
We liked it.
Old Mar 1, 2002, 6:39 am

Nice property, good location, well furnished. Service was solid, except for room service personnel literally pushing in front of patorns in the passenger elevators for deliveries (the GM did indicate this should no longer be a problem after they complete an elevator upgrade). The spa looks very nice, and the equipment in the health club is okay, although limited.
Old Mar 2, 2002, 8:29 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt LT Globalist, Bonvoy LTE, IHG Diam, HH Gold, Amtrak Sel Exec
Here is my dissenting opinion on the Park Toronto from the Best and Worst Hyatts thread-- note, most people do like it a lot. I'll never go near the place again.

I guess I'm alone when it comes to Toronto?? Well, I had a terrible experience there where my travel agent mistakenly booked me at a senior citizen rate and they were extremely rude -- sarcastically asked for my senior citizen id (i'm in my late 20s!), wouldn't give me any sort of corporate rate and asked me to pay something exorbitant (over twice as much!), so i walked out on principle -- and they let me walk out, at 11 pm at night when they clearly were not sold out!! having stayed 100+ nights/year in hyatts for almost four years running, this may win the prize for the worst hyatt story for me. well, gp customer service thought so too and gave me a pt adjustment, but i won't be going back to that hotel again!
Old Mar 3, 2002, 9:39 pm

Programs: Presto
I'm a local, so I haven't stayed. The location is excellent for a tourist (shopping, museums, restaurants, subway) and the Rooftop Lounge has one of the nicest views in the City. Enjoy your trip!

Cheers.
Old Dec 20, 2002, 9:36 pm

Programs: UA 1K, JL Sapphire
I just completed a two day stay at the Park Hyatt Toronto. The experience would rate among my best hotel stays I've had anywhere. As a Diamond, I was upgraded to a junior-suite. I was consistently greeted with a smile and by name yet the service was not overbearing (reminded me of the service at the Shangri-la in Manila). Even at 5am, everyone was friendly and ready to serve. Good location. I wouldn't hesitate to stay this location again ... and at the Hyattpalooza rate of ~170USD, a very good value.
Old Dec 21, 2002, 3:44 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
@Jetcity: Do you consider writing a review for the Hyatt Review Website?

Happy holidays!

Muerz

------------------
Visit the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.no-limits.lu/hyatt or at http://www.hotelreview.de.vu

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.