Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Delhi REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Delhi REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2009, 6:45 am
Moderator, El Al and Marriott Bonvoy, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SQ*G, Mar LTT, Hyatt Glb, AA LTG, LY, HH, IC, BA, DL, UA SLV
Originally Posted by jammyrocks
This is my second stay at the hyatt regency delhi last stay was in november 08 where i was not charged the luxury tax and I was assuming the same now but i received an email from the front desk manager saying that only the room is complimentry but luxury tax is applicable and this was revised since May 2009. Any suggestions on what needs to be done
Was your first stay also an award stay? I noticed on my most invoice from April the Luxury Tax is not explicit and I was not charged anything in addition to the corporate rate although I was upgraded to the Club floor. My assumption is that they have rolled it into the room rate per the corporate rate contract.

Had I needed to pay the Luxury Tax explicitly it would likely have come to USD 60-90. I'd take this up with Gold Passport and suggest that they cover the Luxury Tax in the reimbursement they provide to the hotel for the award room.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 3:59 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by yosithezet
Was your first stay also an award stay? I noticed on my most invoice from April the Luxury Tax is not explicit and I was not charged anything in addition to the corporate rate although I was upgraded to the Club floor. My assumption is that they have rolled it into the room rate per the corporate rate contract.

Had I needed to pay the Luxury Tax explicitly it would likely have come to USD 60-90. I'd take this up with Gold Passport and suggest that they cover the Luxury Tax in the reimbursement they provide to the hotel for the award room.
I've been made aware of the HR Delhi charging the luxury tax on award rooms as recent as this month, so at least on those types of bookings the tax is not rolled up into the room rates. This begs the question about what Hyatt's GoldPassport contract rate terms specify.
Old Nov 7, 2009, 4:53 pm

Hi -

I am looking to book a room here for a few nights and to upgrade to the Regency Suite using a diamond confirmed suite upgrade.

Is the hotel going to charge me taxes based on the Suite rate, or the basic room that I book?

Thanks!
Old Nov 7, 2009, 9:48 pm

Originally Posted by bmw303
Hi -

I am looking to book a room here for a few nights and to upgrade to the Regency Suite using a diamond confirmed suite upgrade.

Is the hotel going to charge me taxes based on the Suite rate, or the basic room that I book?

Thanks!
I did this last month. I had two stays. Same base rate for both stays. One stay they upgraded me to a club room and charged me luxury tax. Second stay I upgraded to a non-club floor suite using confirmed suite upgrade. Also charged luxury tax. At the end of the day the suite cost me about INR 250 more. In both cases the luxury tax was about 30% of the original rate.
Old Nov 8, 2009, 1:10 am

Had award stay last week and they charged luxary tax of Rs 1600 + Rs 1600 for 2 nights for RC King Bed Room.

Last edited by Rubal; Nov 8, 2009 at 1:39 am
Old Nov 9, 2009, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by Rubal
Had award stay last week and they charged luxary tax of Rs 1600 + Rs 1600 for 2 nights for RC King Bed Room.
So USD 35/night for an award stay. Sounds more like SPG's Cash & Points.

Last edited by yosithezet; Nov 9, 2009 at 2:44 am
Old Nov 12, 2009, 8:12 pm

Roughly how long of a drive is this hotel from the Delhi International or Domestic airport?

(the hotel told me about 4t minutes, but I wanted to see what people's actual experiences were)
Old Nov 12, 2009, 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by bmw303
Roughly how long of a drive is this hotel from the Delhi International or Domestic airport?

(the hotel told me about 4t minutes, but I wanted to see what people's actual experiences were)
Depends on traffic, but that is a fair estimate.
Old Nov 15, 2009, 5:32 am

Programs: AA EXP>2m, Alaska MVP, Virgin Gold, Delta Gold, Starwood Gold, Cathay Pacific Silver
Driving time estimate

I was just there. It took me about 40 minutes to get to the hotel.
Old Nov 25, 2009, 10:56 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, HY Diamond, ZE Pres
tax and travel time

Re tax:
I just stayed at the hotel twice, paid corporate discount rate, upgraded to Regency Club. Was charged "luxury tax" at the rack rate for Regency Club. Staff told me that they have to report rates to the city, and charge tax on that rate, no matter what the rate actually paid.

Re travel time:
Anywhere from 20-40 minutes. Coming in the first time at 3 in the morning, took about 20 minutes, plus the 10 minutes or more just to get out of the parking lost. Two weeks later, it was also 20 minutes at 11 in the morning. Going back to the airport at midnite, traffic was much slower going into the airport so prob did take 40 mins.
Old Jun 25, 2010, 12:02 am

Programs: UA 1k, Hyatt Explorist, SPG gold
Just emailed Hyatt CS and received a response back in 1 hr! wow.

Anyway, I asked them if I needed to pay taxes on an award stay (FFN) I had already booked for the month of August. I received the response below.

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for contacting Hyatt Gold Passport Customer Service. I
appreciate the opportunity to assist you.

The award reservation 12345 on August XX shows the taxes are
inclusive with the award points. The normal Luxuary tax is 10%.

Please let me know if I may assist you further. Thank you for your
continued support of the Hyatt Gold Passport program.

Sincerely,

J. XXX
Hyatt Gold Passport Representative

Maybe my English is screwed up, but doesn't this mean I (or anybody with an FFN) should not be paying taxes???

Then another email from HRD indicating my reservation has changed. But seems to be the same. In the email it states;

Rate Information
Type of Rate PROMOTIONAL AWRD
Free night(s) based upon qualifying award earned and received into member account.
Additional Tax & Service Charges
10.00% tax

Nightly Rate per Room
August xx - *C* INDIAN RUPEES

Any translations?
Old Jun 25, 2010, 3:06 am

Originally Posted by coterie
Maybe my English is screwed up, but doesn't this mean I (or anybody with an FFN) should not be paying taxes???
Your English is perfectly fine. Experience shows that you need to pay the taxes. I'll be thrilled to hear that this has changed.
Old Jul 1, 2010, 9:18 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by yosithezet
Your English is perfectly fine. Experience shows that you need to pay the taxes. I'll be thrilled to hear that this has changed.
This has not changed -- Hyatt Delhi still charges taxes on award stays even as of this week.

For Hyatt Diamond members upgraded to the Regency Club, 1,400 INR or so seems to be the average amount due for those Hyatt Diamond members redeeming an award (points and/or promotional award) at this property.

I'm not sure why more Diamonds don't turn down the Regency Club rooms for rooms elsewhere in the hotel that may come with lower taxes. I'm interested in what the result would be of that.

Apparently Hyatt Diamonds at this property have as a standard benefit a free transfer to the airport (usually in the BMW 7 series sedan), or at least that is what I was hearing of this week.

coterie, if you have correspondence from Hyatt showing this language:

The award reservation 12345 on August XX shows the taxes are inclusive with the award points. The normal Luxuary tax is 10%.
you could make an issue of the tax being charged to you despite the Hyatt GP Reps claim the taxes are covered by the award points reservation.

Last edited by GUWonder; Jul 1, 2010 at 9:24 am
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:35 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by GUWonder

Apparently Hyatt Diamonds at this property have as a standard benefit a free transfer to the airport (usually in the BMW 7 series sedan), or at least that is what I was hearing of this week.
I am also now hearing that the Hyatt DEL is supposedly reporting that this has "ended". Bizarrely this was being reported by the Hyatt DEL as having "ended" on a date before it had been "ended" by the hotel.

On a perhaps related note, does anyone recall what the standard room rate "luxury" tax is for standard, non-Regency Club rooms at this property?
Old Jul 9, 2010, 1:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by LightSpeed
Room renovations have been ongoing in a phased manner: at least 3 wings are done now. The newer rooms feature a much-needed revamp, with yacht-like wood paneling, flat-screen wall-mounted TV and a more contemporary, chic feel. The bathrooms have a better feel to them as well, with the rain shower being a welcome addition, though the blue-colour night light is an acquired taste.

The cafe renovations have been ongoing and it is slated for opening on 1-Dec-08, hopefully ending the noise in the lobby / pool area.

Diamond "amenities" haven't improved much though: a bowl of Fox fruit mints is what I see on the table currently!
Those fruit-colored mints are -- as you are probably insinuating -- not a Diamond "amenity". Those fruit-color mints are standard -- at least across the RC rooms. So is the fruit and water standard across the RC rooms.

I'm not sure what the Diamond amenity is at this property. It almost seems standard that there is no Diamond amenity at this property.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.