Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What may very well be the best Hyatt Night EVER!

Old Nov 21, 02, 1:20 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton

First I should note that we were paying an eligible rate and if you watch the United board, you will note that I also had the most incredible flight of my life, making 1K status for the first time...

That said, Hyatt Cologne. I know there have been some not so happy stays, but this was amazing.

First things first, they have a brand new Regency Club Manager. His name is Ahmed Amrou. He is the epitome of what a Regency Club Manager should be. PERIOD. This guy was the one bright spot we had in a VERY long and trying week.

The service was amazing.

We checked in early (around 11AM?) They had us room blocked in a front room (facing the river), however due to the early checkin, they asked us if they could put us into a different room immediately. It was on the corner (639) and still had a view down the river. It was on the RC floor, so that was great.

The Regency Club is really amazing. It FAR exceeded what we were expecting. Breakfast went until noon, so we actually got to enjoy breakfast on Saturday AND on Sunday!

We went to the pool in the afternoon, which looks to be relatively new. Nice workout facility. VERY nice area...

Regency Club at night was amazing. You didn't even have to stand up to refill your glass. Bubbly is german, just so you know...quite good!

Food is a mixture of Asian-European. Lots of shrimp. Plus cheese and crackers. Veggies. Lots of yummy stuff! Plus desserts too!!!

Room was very nice (especially since we were staying at a bleek Hilton in DUS and Mr. BHH had stayed at the Queens, Renaissance, and Sheraton on other stays).

BED was amazing... Best night's sleep we had in days. Shower and separate tub were great as well!!!

I am sure everyone has their opinions, but we had a GREAT stay!
Old Nov 21, 02, 4:35 pm

Location: LH SEN, SPG Gold(SCI Gold), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Sorry but I have to tell you that Köln is the worst Hyatt in D. They often do not recognize your status.
Breakfast until noon is a benefit in all German RC's.
Best RC in D is Berlin.
Nicest rooms are in Hamburg and Mainz.
Just try one of the other Hyatts in D and you will definately change your mind.
Old Nov 22, 02, 3:53 am

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:
Nicest rooms are in[..] Mainz.
</font>
To which type of rooms in Mainz are you referring.
The Rhein view is nice, but the size of the standard / view rooms and standard RC rooms are tiny (resp. 28/30 sq m)

Starting with the studio (grand) rooms is acceptable size.

..By the way Peter, are you a member of the Hy GOURMET club ?

Old Nov 22, 02, 7:16 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ben20:
To which type of rooms in Mainz are you referring.
The Rhein view is nice, but the size of the standard / view rooms and standard RC rooms are tiny (resp. 28/30 sq m)

Starting with the studio (grand) rooms is acceptable size.

..By the way Peter, are you a member of the Hy GOURMET club ?

</font>
Yes I am, why ?
Old Nov 22, 02, 2:49 pm

Programs: KLM FB plat / Hertz Pres Circle / AB EB Gold
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by peter42:
Yes I am, why ?</font>
How is your experience with getting the gourmet club dining benefits at asian properties? hard to get I think; and they also do not understand the German membership brouchure

By the way, the brochure also promised very good discounted rates, but in reality they are never the best deal out there !

Sorry BHH, to get off-topic.

By the way, my best night was ending up with mrs.ben20 in a nice RC Suite at the Grand Hyatt Muscat overlooking the romantic candles/flames around the pool at night !
Old Nov 22, 02, 3:33 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ben20:
How is your experience with getting the gourmet club dining benefits at asian properties? hard to get I think; and they also do not understand the German membership brouchure

By the way, the brochure also promised very good discounted rates, but in reality they are never the best deal out there !

Sorry BHH, to get off-topic.

By the way, my best night was ending up with mrs.ben20 in a nice RC Suite at the Grand Hyatt Muscat overlooking the romantic candles/flames around the pool at night !
</font>
Never tried the dinig in Asia, but it worked very well in AU (OK mostly, in Melbourbe they do not except it on FR/SA and in Sydney we had to discuss it about 1 hour with the restaurant manager - Santuary Cove and Canberra had no problems).

The rates except for the vouchers are not really good.

[This message has been edited by peter42 (edited 11-22-2002).]
Old Nov 22, 02, 5:09 pm
Original Poster

Location: DEN (Boulder) ~ UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, US Gold, Marriott Platinum, Starwood Gold, LH SEN
Programs: Hyatt, United, Starwood, USAir, Marriott, Lufthansa, Hilton
No problem getting off topic... I am trying to quickly learn all about the European Hyatt program. I know nothing about Europe, so quickly learning.

I would love to learn more about the Dining Program.

I really enjoyed my stay. But it should also be noted that I felt I was treated incredibly at Grand Hyatt SIN as well. If you want a bad room, check out the other hotels I mentioned in DUS, paying a higher rate no less...

I thought the size of the room was quite fair. Maybe because I was on the Regency Club level? I do not know. I thought the service was incredible? I am always extremely appreciative when they go out of their way to recognize status. I don't know how we could have had a better stay, so I am curious at what the others do better... Remember, too, that Regency is a big perk for this kid...

I assume outside of the US that no hotels give Diamond amenities. Is this a correct statement???
Old Nov 23, 02, 9:21 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BoulderHyattHopper:
No problem getting off topic... I am trying to quickly learn all about the European Hyatt program. I know nothing about Europe, so quickly learning.

I would love to learn more about the Dining Program.

I really enjoyed my stay. But it should also be noted that I felt I was treated incredibly at Grand Hyatt SIN as well. If you want a bad room, check out the other hotels I mentioned in DUS, paying a higher rate no less...

I thought the size of the room was quite fair. Maybe because I was on the Regency Club level? I do not know. I thought the service was incredible? I am always extremely appreciative when they go out of their way to recognize status. I don't know how we could have had a better stay, so I am curious at what the others do better... Remember, too, that Regency is a big perk for this kid...

I assume outside of the US that no hotels give Diamond amenities. Is this a correct statement???
</font>

Amenities are worldwide but choice is given only in NA. Köln and Mainz never gave some, Hamburg and Berlin did .
Old Nov 23, 02, 10:17 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by BoulderHyattHopper:

</font>
At the Hyatt GM conference a couple of months ago I was talking with some of the GMs, and was told Hyatt and Hyatt International were going to be combined into 1 organization. I was also told the main change from this from a customer’s standpoint is that the GP program would be more consistent around the world. I would assume that hotels that now come under Hyatt International will start recognizing the 'Amenity' clause in the Diamond T&Cs due to this reorganization.

Old Nov 24, 02, 3:39 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Gold
I for one like the Hyatt Regency Mainz one best in Germany although I haven't stayed at the Park Hyamburg yet. I invite you to read my reviews of the different properties on the Hyatt Review Website at http://www.no-limits.lu/hyatt

That said, I liked the Cologne Regency too, they had a really nice restaurant, the Graugans...

Muerz

Search this Thread
Search Engine: