Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:39 am

There are plenty of parking tips available from some of the posts back in May. Would any of those work for you?

If not, would it be convenient/more affordable for you to take BART to SF and then rent a car for the day that you need it? Or even a Zip Car.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 11:55 am

Programs: AA EXP - 8 MM, Hyatt Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by kay_jay
Need parking tips please. We are going to be at GH SFO this Saturday through Monday morning for a wedding. We really don't want to pay $114 for parking for 2 nights. Any tip would be greatly appreciated.
We are driving from San Mateo CA.

Sutter Stockton Garage

444 Stockton Street, San Francisco
(415) 982-8370
(between Powell & Stockton - entrance on Geary)

20 meters from the Grand Hyatt.

$26/24hrs.

Specials Rates:

Evening Rates
Enter after 5pm, Exit by 8am

$2/Hour - $8 Max
Sunday Rates
Enter after 7am, Exit by 6pm
$2/Hour - $10 Max
Old Aug 19, 2010, 2:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by cozkay
It's only $8 (after 5pm and leave by 8am) for evenings any night. $3 an hour after 8am, except for Sunday the max would be around $16 if you are in after 5pm Saturday and out later than 12pm Sunday. No in and out, I guess you could pay accordingly if you did. Doesn't work out so great weekdays, but I'm usually here on the weekends.

Sutter Stockton Garage
(415) 982-8370
444 Stockton Street (open 24 hours a day) Day Rates: 0-1 hour $3; 1-2 hours $6; 2-3 hours $9; 3-4 hours $12; 4-5 hours $15; 5-6 hours $18; 6-7 hours $21; 7-8 hours $24; 8-24 hours $34. Evening Rates: 0-1 hour $2; 1-2 hours $4; 2-3 hours $6; 3+ hours $8; Sunday Rates: 0-1 hour $2; 1-2 hours $4; 2-3 hours $5.50; 3+ hours $7.50
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:47 am

Programs: UA - Platinum; Starwood - Platinum; Alaska - MVP75; IHG - Platinum; Hilton - Gold; Marriott - Gold
I have free days with National car rental. I guess that could be beter option as there is National/Alamo rental near GH - 5 minutes walk. Any constraints?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by kay_jay
I have free days with National car rental. I guess that could be beter option as there is National/Alamo rental near GH - 5 minutes walk. Any constraints?
The only constraints I could think of would be the T&C on your free car rental.

If you plan on taking BART and will park your car there for the weekend, you should check to make sure that it's free and that you won't get any tickets. Saturday night to Sunday shouldn't be a problem (if it's free) but I'm not sure about Sunday to Monday since BART has started to charge for parking on weekdays.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:37 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

The city of SF has reallly jacked up rates at their lots, which include Sutter/Stockton and Union Square. These used to be pretty good deals but I don't think the rates quoted above are much of a deal anymore, especially since there are no in and out privileges. You really don't want a car in SF

BART parking is on the order of $6-7 a day but none of the city BART stations have parking lots. Also, BART lots can easily be full if you get there at the wrong time on a work day.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 1:22 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
The city of SF has reallly jacked up rates at their lots, which include Sutter/Stockton and Union Square. These used to be pretty good deals but I don't think the rates quoted above are much of a deal anymore, especially since there are no in and out privileges. You really don't want a car in SF

BART parking is on the order of $6-7 a day but none of the city BART stations have parking lots. Also, BART lots can easily be full if you get there at the wrong time on a work day.
If you're leaving first thing in a morning, parking for this property is cheap and easy. The Sutter/Stockton garage is steps away from the front door. If you enter after 5pm, then the cost is 8 bucks if you exit by 8 am (actually, pay by 8 and leave by 8:10 am). Or add $3 for each extra hour after 8. And these prices include tax!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 6:55 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Just got back from a stay at the Grand Hyatt SF. As a Diamond I was not particularly impressed by this property. The rooms were small and very dated. I was told that I had been given an upgrade (to a corner room), which didn't really seem like an upgrade to me. The lounge was very small, but we managed to snag a table next to the window, which was one of the best seats in the house. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but the fruit was very fresh and the lox salmon was excellent. I will add that this property is in an excellent location. Walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. We had lunch at the Slanted Door and it was amazing!!
Old Aug 26, 2010, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA-LTP, HH-DIA, Marriott-LT+AMB, Hyatt-Globalist, Hertz-PC, UA-GS
Originally Posted by volkswankin
Just got back from a stay at the Grand Hyatt SF. As a Diamond I was not particularly impressed by this property. The rooms were small and very dated. I was told that I had been given an upgrade (to a corner room), which didn't really seem like an upgrade to me. The lounge was very small, but we managed to snag a table next to the window, which was one of the best seats in the house. The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but the fruit was very fresh and the lox salmon was excellent. I will add that this property is in an excellent location. Walking distance to great shopping and restaurants. We had lunch at the Slanted Door and it was amazing!!
+1 on ur review, slanted door too . They need to put some serious money into this place.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 3:56 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by volkswankin
The lounge was very small, but we managed to snag a table next to the window, which was one of the best seats in the house.

The breakfast was nothing to write home about, but the fruit was very fresh and the lox salmon was excellent.

I will add that this property is in an excellent location.
I'll say that I can echo those comments. Just finished my 5th stay this year and, like the last one, I was upgraded to one of their suites. Basically they are a standard king room with a lockoff living room of a similar size. Nice when entertaining a small group before dinner/drinks etc...

Nothing special per-se but still a welcomed upgrade.

The desk staff have gotten to know me and are great (I've had the same check in agent a few times now). Their new Assistant Rooms Manager (whose name I cannot remember for the life of me) was excellent as well! It doesn't get old being greeted me by name
Old Oct 11, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold for life
Grand Club eats? Suite Life...

I'll be at the Grand Hyatt San Fran later this week with my parents and I wanted to know what we can expect as far as offerings in the Grand Club for breakfast and in the evening? Are their complimentary drinks or hot food?

Also, we are booked in an Executive Suite using a Diamond Suite Upgrade. If anyone has stayed in one please let me know if this is a decent room...

Thanks!
Old Oct 11, 2010, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX
I'll be at the Grand Hyatt San Fran later this week with my parents and I wanted to know what we can expect as far as offerings in the Grand Club for breakfast and in the evening? Are their complimentary drinks or hot food?

Also, we are booked in an Executive Suite using a Diamond Suite Upgrade. If anyone has stayed in one please let me know if this is a decent room...

Thanks!
The Club offers only cold appetizers in the evening. A couple of different kinds of softdrinks and Perrier are offered for free while wine and liquor are reasonably priced. I have not had breakfast in the club in awhile.

The Executive Suite is simply two connecting rooms, one of which has had the bed replaced with a sofabed, dining table and chair, end tables, and another chair.

The G.M. had told me earlier this year that the hotel was scheduled for a renovation this past summer. I haven't been there in several months but haven't heard that any renovations are in progress.

This is a nice hotel, a little dated, with really nice employees and a very responsive G.M.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 5:13 am

Programs: DL PM '04; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by CIAO LAX

Thanks!
The evening offerings in the RC were actually quite good, though cold. The alcoholic beverages were laid out with a honor/self-pay offering.

The workout facilities were under reno while I was there in Sept.

I'm still a little PO'd about the valet not being GP eligible. Though the hotel is working on that for me 6 weeks after the fact...

My rate was $135 for the one night which included breakfast, but my flight was too early. Thus, the chef said would send food, but didn't...

On the way out, the boarding pass computer and printer were gone because were out of service.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
The G.M. had told me earlier this year that the hotel was scheduled for a renovation this past summer. I haven't been there in several months but haven't heard that any renovations are in progress.

This is a nice hotel, a little dated, with really nice employees and a very responsive G.M.
There are currently 6 (or was it 7) floors that are undergoing a rolling renovation. No plans to change the layout of the rooms just update them a bit. The Rooms Director and I were talking about the suites and they will stay as a connecting/lock off living room.

Originally Posted by performancefitness
The evening offerings in the RC were actually quite good, though cold. The alcoholic beverages were laid out with a honor/self-pay offering.

On the way out, the boarding pass computer and printer were gone because were out of service.
The RCC has good small bites, sushi, satay, some fruit, cold meats and a few other finger foods.

As for the BP computer it was functioning Sunday am.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 1:14 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Just completed a one-night stay at the GH SF, and I would characterize it as adequate but unimpressive. As a Diamond, I was placed in a "deluxe" room in the middle of the west side of the 33rd floor (3301) -- not a corner room as many have reported. The furnishings were in good condition, but the room seemed dated and small; the bathroom and entrance areas seemed particularly in need of renovation, with old louvered doors on the closet and noticeably worn marble on the bathroom countertop. I did not have the opportunity to check out the club. My limited interaction with staff was pleasant; I requested and received a 2pm checkout without issue.

Overall, I'd stay again only if prices were exceptional -- there are too many good options in SF. I strongly prefer the rooms at the Hyatt Regency, and would slightly prefer a tower room at the Westin St Francis if I needed to stay in Union Square. But if they are in fact renovating, it may become a better choice in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.