Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 30, 2019, 2:38 am

Originally Posted by thekaica
I just learned that Globalists will not get the benefits included with the Destination fee because the fee is waived for Globalists.
This might by YMMV - I stayed this past weekend and as part of the (waived) destination fee, the front desk applied a $10 credit towards the honor bar drinks from the Grand Club.
Old May 30, 2019, 8:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jxwo
This might by YMMV - I stayed this past weekend and as part of the (waived) destination fee, the front desk applied a $10 credit towards the honor bar drinks from the Grand Club.
I've always gotten the destination fee inclusions anywhere I've stayed, even when the front desk told me I wouldn't. I think it's automatic at most hotels -- doing it manually for every guest would be too much work. So, no matter what the FD tells you, the computer will deduct the charges.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 9:21 am

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I called Hyatt Globalist yesterday to ask about destination fee at this hotel. I was told the destination fee is NOT waived for Globalist. Glad I checked here.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CIT85
I called Hyatt Globalist yesterday to ask about destination fee at this hotel. I was told the destination fee is NOT waived for Globalist. Glad I checked here.
How is that possible? The WoH T&C do not permit any exceptions. I think you got a bad answer.
wxguy likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 10:11 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
How is that possible? The WoH T&C do not permit any exceptions. I think you got a bad answer.
I was told destination fee is different from resort fee which is waived for Globalist. But destination fee is not waived. If destination fee is considered similar to resort fee, then yes I got a bad answer.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:58 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CIT85
I was told destination fee is different from resort fee which is waived for Globalist. But destination fee is not waived. If destination fee is considered similar to resort fee, then yes I got a bad answer.
That is complete nonsense from the agent. Here are the T&C:

Waived Resort, Destination, or Facility Fees: Resort, destination, or facility fees, where charged by the applicable hotel or resort, will be waived for Globalists when paying an Eligible Rate.
WoH Terms & Conditions

It's kind of sad how the Hyatt cs agents now seem to default to customer-unfriendly answers.
Football Fan likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Kacee
That is complete nonsense from the agent. Here are the T&C:

WoH Terms & Conditions

It's kind of sad how the Hyatt cs agents now seem to default to customer-unfriendly answers.
Thanks for the link. T&C is very specified on Waived Resort, Destination, or Facility Fees: .
Old Jun 14, 2019, 12:56 pm

I just learned that Globalists will not get the benefits included with the Destination fee because the fee is waived for Globalists.
How is this possible. Does that mean that I can't park my car there because the parking fee is waived for Globalists?!
Old Jun 14, 2019, 7:45 pm

Source?
Old Jun 14, 2019, 11:19 pm

Programs: United 1K 1MM; Alaska MVP100K; WOH Globalist; Bonvoy LT Platinum; HH Gold
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

Source?
Last time I stayed there, I was told by the front desk agent but that for this stay, they'd allow me to have the benefits as an exception.
Old Jun 15, 2019, 8:19 am

Last time I stayed there, I was told by the front desk agent but that for this stay, they'd allow me to have the benefits as an exception.
Even if true, no real loss.

The only real benefit is a $10 f&b credit... everything else is either a) worthless or b) already included for Globs. I assume there’s a club lounge here which basically negates much value from the f&b credit....
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:17 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum / AS-PlatPro / Hyatt - Glob / Hilton-Diamond
Originally Posted by lighthouse206

Even if true, no real loss.

The only real benefit is a $10 f&b credit... everything else is either a) worthless or b) already included for Globs. I assume there’s a club lounge here which basically negates much value from the f&b credit....
Yes, there is a club here.
The $10 F/B credit can be applied towards your honor bar charges in the club, so the value isn't negated.
Old Jun 16, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FD agent was most likely wrong.
Old Jun 29, 2019, 10:04 am

I just checked out of GH SF. During check in, front desk agent told me I will have $10 F&B credit, main reason I stayed and had dinner at One Up. When I checked out, I asked for the $10 credit. Different front desk agent said they removed the $10 F&B from “you guys” (translated to Globalists) in June. However, he will apply the credit for me on this stay.

Be warned. $10 F&B is no longer provided to Gloablists.
Old Dec 23, 2019, 9:01 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA ConciergeKey, Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, United Silver
This property was incredibly disappointing - spent a two night stay...
  • Didn't receive room upgrade, but got a high level floor, which is my preference (better views)... first room looked nice and clean, but smelled absolutely awful. Bellman took about 30 min to get bags to the room despite not being that busy in lobby. They moved me to a different room (bit larger on a lower floor) which was an OK room, but A/C unit was noisy and didn't have a good stay. Actual room product was fine, but had a random employee bang on my door at 2am waking me up, housekeeping cart in front of my door in the morning (had to push it away), tons of little issues like this made the stay incredibly annoying. Hotel front desk offered me 10K hyatt points.
  • Had to haggle with the front desk to get Globalist benefit for parking fee.
  • Lounge was mediocre at best -- absolutely chockful of people and food was lukewarm, few options, the door wasn't guarded at all and propped open (anyone could come and go as they pleased it seemed).
  • Elevators were fast & didn't have to wait for them -- nice.
  • Front desk employees were friendly as well.
  • Great location.
Wasn't my favorite by far, but it'll do for a night or two.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.