Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 29, 2018, 7:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
What about any headache or ill effects from the Canvas wine the next day? I will now sound snooty, but, I hate Canvas wines and will avoid them even if they are the only option. I would rather drink a Perrier sparkling water. My worst headaches and ill effects have come after 1-2 glasses of Canvas. Ok, maybe more than 1-2 glasses but still, nasty stuff.
I'm fine with it, but why on Earth would you continue to drink it?
Old May 29, 2018, 7:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by JackE
I'm fine with it, but why on Earth would you continue to drink it?
Exactly, Perrier for everyone!
Old May 29, 2018, 8:40 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
syruip.

I wish all the clubs would carry sparkling water. The Hyatt we spend the most nights at offers only Mountain Dew and Mist Twist, both sickeningly filled with unhealthy ingredients such as high fructose corn syrup and a ton of other crap. Every club needs to offer a healthy sparking water to be used as a mixer or as a healthy standalone. Does anyone, in the least health conscious, still drink Mountain Dew? It's great that the GH San Francisco has an actual sparkling water from a machine. Great !
Old May 29, 2018, 11:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Global, Marriot Lifetime Titanium
I enjoy Perrier as well, but if it made me ill, I would stop drinking it.

Similarly, why do you drink the Canvas wine if it makes you ill?
Old May 30, 2018, 1:30 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
What about any headache or ill effects from the Canvas wine the next day? I will now sound snooty, but, I hate Canvas wines and will avoid them even if they are the only option. I would rather drink a Perrier sparkling water. My worst headaches and ill effects have come after 1-2 glasses of Canvas. Ok, maybe more than 1-2 glasses but still, nasty stuff.

My wife and I simply love the Canvas wine. Fantastic. Glad to hear, there is now also Canvas sparkling wine.
the Canvas wine is exclusive to Hyatt, and for sale, too. If we'd live in the US, we'd for sure have some shipped home to us.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:32 pm

I think my point is, and apologize if I wasn't clear earlier, I drank Canvas wine once, I think it was in the GH Seattle regency club. I had 2-3 glasses and the next day I was sick as a dog. Never had that happen from drinking wine, white wine nonetheless. So to answer your question, I have stopped drinking Canvas wine and now I just complain about it when I can to convey a sense of snobbishness but also to help others from a similar fate.
Old May 30, 2018, 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by 59Impala
My wife and I simply love the Canvas wine. Fantastic. Glad to hear, there is now also Canvas sparkling wine.
the Canvas wine is exclusive to Hyatt, and for sale, too. If we'd live in the US, we'd for sure have some shipped home to us.
To each his own
Old Jul 25, 2018, 3:08 am

$25 Destination Fee

Not sure when this started, but the Grand Hyatt SF has joined the Grand Hyatt NY and started charging a $25 plus tax per night f-ck you destination fee. Any confirmation that the fee is waived for Globalists?

Destination Fee Policy

Please be advised that hotel room bookings will be assessed a mandatory destination fee of $25/night plus tax. Please enjoy the following complimentary access and activities included in your stay as part of this program:

List of Bulls--t Amenities:
  • $10 Nightly Food & Beverage Credit at OneUp Restaurant, OneUp Lounge, Lobby Coffee Cart (applied directly to room bill)
  • Premium upgraded high speed Internet
  • Unlimited Phone Calls
  • Daily refresh of Bottled Water
  • Coffee at lobby coffee cart
  • Rollaway Bed Rental (king rooms/ 1 per stay)
  • Access to digital and world newspaper & 7500 specialty publications via INKL.com or Mobile
  • Package Deliveries (5 lb. limit)
  • Special San Francisco treat at departure
  • 15% Restaurant Discount at various local Hyatt Properties
  • Exclusive California Academy of Sciences Museum and Gift Shop – 20% Discount on Ticket Purchase/ 10% Off Gift Shop Purchases
  • Exclusive $6 discount Bay City bike rental with San Francisco self-guided tour
  • 20% Discount – Red & White Fleet Bay Cruises Bay Cruise (views of Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, San Francisco skyline from Bay)
  • Exclusive $10 entrance to Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum
  • 20% Discount on Big Bus sightseeing bus ticket
  • Walking City Tours – Chinatown, Barbary Coast, North Beach, Fisherman’s Wharf
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:20 am

Programs: AA & DL / SPG & HGP
Originally Posted by jxwo
Not sure when this started, but the Grand Hyatt SF has joined the Grand Hyatt NY and started charging a $25 plus tax per night f-ck you destination fee. Any confirmation that the fee is waived for Globalists?Destination Fee Policy

Please be advised that hotel room bookings will be assessed a mandatory destination fee of $25/night plus tax. Please enjoy the following complimentary access and activities included in your stay as part of this program:

• $10 Nightly Food & Beverage Credit at OneUp Restaurant, OneUp Lounge, Lobby Coffee Cart (applied directly to room bill)
  • Premium upgraded high speed Internet
  • Unlimited Phone Calls
  • Daily refresh of Bottled Water
  • Coffee at lobby coffee cart
  • Rollaway Bed Rental (king rooms/ 1 per stay)
  • Access to digital and world newspaper & 7500 specialty publications via INKL.com or Mobile
  • Package Deliveries (5 lb. limit)
  • Special San Francisco treat at departure
  • 15% Restaurant Discount at various local Hyatt Properties
  • Exclusive California Academy of Sciences Museum and Gift Shop – 20% Discount on Ticket Purchase/ 10% Off Gift Shop Purchases
  • Exclusive $6 discount Bay City bike rental with San Francisco self-guided tour
  • 20% Discount – Red & White Fleet Bay Cruises Bay Cruise (views of Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz, San Francisco skyline from Bay)
  • Exclusive $10 entrance to Madam Tussaud’s Wax Museum
  • 20% Discount on Big Bus sightseeing bus ticket
  • Walking City Tours – Chinatown, Barbary Coast, North Beach, Fisherman’s Wharf
Garbage move by this property. Put me on the list of Hyatt customers that will no longer give this property my business.
dpb132, soartoday and MarkOK like this.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:45 am

Grand Hyatt SF started charging a $25 plus tax per night f-ck you destination fee.

You sir, deserve upvotes if that was a thing on FT. They just repackaged generally available amenities so that they could say with a not-quite-straight-face that they're providing value.
- Really, adding rollaway as including? Pretty much every hotel ever will let you do that.
- Lots of "coupon book" coupons, that you can generally get online.
- You already got free internet if you booked through Hyatt.
- I guess the $10 credit is a net positive. Especially if you're already globalist you get a couple free coffees or an appetizer?
Old Jul 25, 2018, 5:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM, NR; HH Diamond, Bonvoy LT Gold, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Diamond, others
Originally Posted by jameswes
You sir, deserve upvotes if that was a thing on FT. They just repackaged generally available amenities so that they could say with a not-quite-straight-face that they're providing value.
- Really, adding rollaway as including? Pretty much every hotel ever will let you do that.
- Lots of "coupon book" coupons, that you can generally get online.
- You already got free internet if you booked through Hyatt.
- I guess the $10 credit is a net positive. Especially if you're already globalist you get a couple free coffees or an appetizer?
Many hotels charge for rollaways. I bet they don't have enough; it would serve them right if there were a campaign to request them in every room, and anybody who didn't get one would decline to pay the fee.

"Premium upgraded high speed Internet" If everybody gets it, it isn't premium.
Old Jul 25, 2018, 10:11 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
I stayed here jul 19-21. It was not charged then... or removed as Globalist

Not sure when this started, but the Grand Hyatt SF has joined the Grand Hyatt NY and started charging a $25 plus tax per night f-ck you destination fee. Any confirmation that the fee is waived for Globalists?Destination Fee Policy

Old Jul 26, 2018, 5:55 am

Originally Posted by 59Impala
I stayed here jul 19-21. It was not charged then... or removed as Globalist

What's next? How about a hotel room access fee for $10 to allow you to conveniently open your own door to your room?
Old Jul 26, 2018, 11:14 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Also now showing at the Hyatt Regency Embarcadero, for $29 and change.
Old Aug 8, 2018, 2:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
What a joke of a 'resort fee' at this place. Also astonished at how mediocre the rooms and spaces are. This property is in dire need of more love, not more fees. Entirely uncompetitive with the other hotels around here, but I guess it's a seller's market.
dpb132 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.