Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt San Francisco REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 25, 2016, 10:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by austin_modern
It has 2 HRs (SFO and HRSC)... unless Im misreading what you're saying.

And - yes, I look forward to the new SFO property and would love to see a PH or Andaz in the city.
I excluded SFO - seems a bit too far north. Just surprised that the area wouldn't support another full service. There's certainly plenty of HH/HPs.

Last edited by pWei; Jan 25, 2016 at 10:46 am
Old Jan 25, 2016, 11:03 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by pWei
I excluded SFO - seems a bit too far north. Just surprised that the area wouldn't support another full service. There's certainly plenty of HH/HPs.
Ok...

"To echo, more full service properties - PH, Andaz or more H/GH/HRs - in the bay area would be most welcome. The valley, quite surprisingly, has only 1 property - the HR. By the area, I mean the SF/SJC/OAK area."

Certainly SFO is much south of OAK in your original post.

I agree though - I'm really surprised there isnt another GH/HR in the San Jose or Cupertino region.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 1:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Marriott PLT, SPG PLT, AA EXP, Virgin Elevate
They need a Hyatt in the Palo Alto / Mountain View area...

When they tore down Rickey's Hyatt Palo Alto, Hyatt had proposed to the city to build a tower, that was stuck down by outcry by nearby residents.

But there are 3 Hyatt's being developed in the San Jose area. A Hyatt Place and Hyatt House near the airport on the corner of Brokaw and 1st Street and a Hyatt House at Valco Shopping Center in Cupertino.... oh and a Hyatt Place in Santa Cruz. Sadly no full service hotels.

Originally Posted by pWei
To echo, more full service properties - PH, Andaz or more H/GH/HRs - in the bay area would be most welcome. The valley, quite surprisingly, has only 1 property - the HR. By the area, I mean the SF/SJC/OAK area.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:50 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by Andaz5

But there are 3 Hyatt's being developed in the San Jose area. A Hyatt Place and Hyatt House near the airport on the corner of Brokaw and 1st Street and a Hyatt House at Valco Shopping Center in Cupertino.... oh and a Hyatt Place in Santa Cruz. Sadly no full service hotels.
Anything that can possibly be another option to the HPSJ would be welcome in my book... I really dislike that hotel for some reason.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:01 am

Ok...

"To echo, more full service properties - PH, Andaz or more H/GH/HRs - in the bay area would be most welcome. The valley, quite surprisingly, has only 1 property - the HR. By the area, I mean the SF/SJC/OAK area."

Certainly SFO is much south of OAK in your original post.

I agree though - I'm really surprised there isnt another GH/HR in the San Jose or Cupertino region.
Apologies for being unclear.

Originally Posted by Andaz5
They need a Hyatt in the Palo Alto / Mountain View area...

When they tore down Rickey's Hyatt Palo Alto, Hyatt had proposed to the city to build a tower, that was stuck down by outcry by nearby residents.

Quite unfortunate.
Old Jan 26, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Anything that can possibly be another option to the HPSJ would be welcome in my book... I really dislike that hotel for some reason.
We dislike all Hyatt Places, primarily because of the pathetic breakfast. Room is OK but we dislike the dressing area/sink being in the middle of the bedroom.(Actually the rooms at the HR San Francisco Embarcedero aren't much different. One person gets going in the morning, the other is awakened. Actually, we don't mind the dinner at the bar as something simple for dinner is fine with us. But they might as well offer no breakfast than to offer what they do. Can't they at least buy two waffle makers and offer pre-made omelets? That breakfast sandwich "thing" to us is disgusting.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
We dislike all Hyatt Places, primarily because of the pathetic breakfast. Room is OK but we dislike the dressing area/sink being in the middle of the bedroom.(Actually the rooms at the HR San Francisco Embarcedero aren't much different. One person gets going in the morning, the other is awakened. Actually, we don't mind the dinner at the bar as something simple for dinner is fine with us. But they might as well offer no breakfast than to offer what they do. Can't they at least buy two waffle makers and offer pre-made omelets? That breakfast sandwich "thing" to us is disgusting.
Ditto on food at HP/HH; wouldn't bother unless there really aren't any other options.

Bathroom - Actually, we got a room at GH that had the sink in the bathroom, plus a separate table + makeup magnifying mirror in the hallway to the bathroom. The sink + wall mirror in the bathroom should be fine. Worse case, move the makeup mirror in and close the door.

Not sure what room type that is, but I'm sure FDC can help you out.

Edit: Just saw this thread - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt...ng-2019-a.html - so my wish was answered before I asked. What great service Hyatt!
Old Jan 27, 2016, 12:29 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
Hyatt Place and Hyatt House have the most disgusting breakfast... I would like to see corporate serve that junk at a meeting. I recently have been moving a few on my stays to Marriott Resident's Inn, I'm quite pleased with the breakfast and free coffee in the lobby though out the day.

I also find the quality of food and beverages served at the JW Marriott Club Lounge and the Marriott San Jose Lounge far superior to the Grand Hyatt SF.

In my opinion SF Hyatt's needs to raise the bar when it comes to food and beverage.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Old Jan 28, 2016, 8:01 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Ok this thread has gotten off topic - please return to comments and questions on the GH San Francisco and not other Bay Area properties (existing or future wish list).

Thank you.

Peteropny - co-mod - Hyatt
Old Jan 28, 2016, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, oneworld emerald
Just switched a night in SF from the Grand to the Fisherman's Wharf, as the more I read, the more I really don't want to have to deal with the lounge mob scene here. It was fine last March when I was there, but apparently the crowding is getting worse. I'll take my chances at the Wharf instead - plus I like the location better.
Old Jan 28, 2016, 10:27 am
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, 2 mm, Marriott Gold
I was told by the Concierge at the Grand and Regency the clubs are fine during Sept - May, it's summer and over the holidays (December) when it's a mad house... hence when the kids are out of school. I was at the HR last weekend and it was fine. I'm back this weekend to check out Superbowl City, I expect it to be a mad house from San jose to San Francisco.

Originally Posted by nineworldseries
Just switched a night in SF from the Grand to the Fisherman's Wharf, as the more I read, the more I really don't want to have to deal with the lounge mob scene here. It was fine last March when I was there, but apparently the crowding is getting worse. I'll take my chances at the Wharf instead - plus I like the location better.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 8:17 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
What kind of suites are given for the Diamond Suite upgrades?
Old Feb 22, 2016, 9:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by cop35758
What kind of suites are given for the Diamond Suite upgrades?
Normally, an Executive Suite. Very nice. Ask for one facing the north bay.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:48 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
They're nice, but I'd be hard pressed to say very nice. It's essentially two connecting rooms. One has a couch and desk. Two bathrooms. That is all.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 11:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
They're nice, but I'd be hard pressed to say very nice. It's essentially two connecting rooms. One has a couch and desk. Two bathrooms. That is all.
Agree. I would add two very small bathrooms. Mine had a view of the rooftop across Stockton and shared a wall with the elevators.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.