Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: DL DM, UA 1K GS, Marriott LT Titanium, Hilton Gold, Avis Chairman, Hertz PC, National EE
Having visited the Grand Hyatt Shanghai this past summer, I would highly recommend the Grand Suite. It does come with club access and the view is spectacular, unlike any other hotel I have ever been to. In respect to the bund view, I am unsure what that is.
Old Apr 24, 2005, 2:37 pm

Programs: LH SEN, QR Platinum, Bonvoy Plat, GHA Black, Hyatt Globalist
# 8012 is on the GC level and has bund view and is really big enough if you are alone. I dont know wheteher all bathrooms have windows but this room has one. Very nice when sitting in the tub.
Old Apr 26, 2005, 4:41 pm

Programs: Diamond - Hyatt;Marriott - Gold;SPG - Platin.; Delta Sky Plat; Hertz 5str; Avis Pref Sel
Thumbs up Very True

I stayed at GH Shanghai in Jan '05. Best thing is for you to go for the RC access with the Grand Suite. And, very important, as stated before ask for the soft mattress. I could not sleep on the hard Chineese matress. The setup in the RC is absolutely the best I've scene. Great selections of food and wine.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
GH Shanghai - subway access to Puxi?

The greatest complaint about the GH Shanghai - for anyone going to Shanghai as a tourist rather than on business - seems to be the location in Pudong. There are common moans about 45 mins - 1 hour taxi rides across to the tourist parts of the Bund.

Now, I am a very modest man at heart and have no problems with taking the subway . The GH website is not very clear on this, so what I would like to know is: how close is the GH to a subway station, and is it a convenient one for access to the Bund's tourist spots?

Many thanks.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 5:56 am

Programs: SQ PPS Solitaire - BA GGL - AF Plat - LH Senator - EK Gold
10 min. by foot away from Lu Jia Zui. You can find a map here:

http://www.urbanrail.net/as/shan/shanghai.htm

I still prefer to take the taxi, especially after the rush hour.. in the night it's quite fast and Nanjing Road isn't really that far away from Jing Mao Tower/GH Shanghai
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Raffles
and is it a convenient one for access to the Bund's tourist spots?
if you want to get to the bund, i suggest taking the (overpriced) tourist tunnel instead of the subway (the closest station to the bund is henan rd, which is a solid 15 minutes west of the bund)
Old Jan 13, 2006, 3:53 pm

Programs: UA, AA, KE, OZ Hyatt Platinum, Int Ambassador,
The fastest and easiest way to get to the Bund is taking the ferry. The station is 10 minute walk from Hyatt (maybe less) and it drops you off right off on the BUND.
The ride is about 10 minutes and its really peaceful. I took it for the first time three months ago, (after having been here for more than 6 months) I felt like I found a gem for 2 Yuan. Its a short ride but well worth it.

You can ask or locate the ferry station easily by locating the HUGE KODAK sign on waterfront.

BTW,
There are two types of ferries,
1. air conditioned and nicer for 2 yuan?
2. cheaper with no aircon, more of a cargo but you can still get on it for 1 yuan or something like that.
Old Jan 13, 2006, 6:13 pm

Originally Posted by somuchtosee
The fastest and easiest way to get to the Bund is taking the ferry.
I used to live right across the street from the ferry terminus in Yanlord Garden, building 1. From the GH, the tourist tunnel is a lot closer, is in a nicer part of Lujiazui, and ends up on a nicer part of the Bund. That said, the boat is ok enough and about y28 cheaper than the tunnel.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 7:38 pm

Originally Posted by bchl
10 min. by foot away from Lu Jia Zui.
You may take the tourist exit at the hotel lobby towards THE main street Shi Ji Da Dao, walk westward for about 5 min/2-block to reach the subway entrance which is on the hotel side Shi Ji Da Dao.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by jiulon
Shi Ji Da Dao.
aka Century Blvd. or 世纪大道
Old Jan 16, 2006, 6:20 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Doesn't the tourist tunnel close pretty early? Never used either the ferry or tunnel, however. Y30 for the tunnel seems pretty outrageous, do you walk through it or do they drive you?
Old Jan 16, 2006, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Doesn't the tourist tunnel close pretty early? Never used either the ferry or tunnel, however. Y30 for the tunnel seems pretty outrageous, do you walk through it or do they drive you?
per fodors, it's open till 10p in the winter and 10:30p during the summer. you don't have to walk; the train is reminiscent of an intra-terminal airport tram; the light show is hard to describe with mere words.
Old Jan 25, 2006, 9:45 pm

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
oh..as a cheesy everyone else in the world gold, any hope or recommendations for a better room?

I've got one on the 59 floor and its too loud from the music below so I am going to swith to a higher floor.

just wondering if anyone had suggestions on which numbered rooms to try or try to get a better class room
Old Apr 4, 2006, 1:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, 2MM, DL Silver, Hyatt Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Seeking Updated Info - Grand Hyatt Shanghai

I will be staying at the Grand Hyatt Shanghai at the end of the month and wondered what to expect with regard to service, upgrades, Diamond amenities, use of the club, etc.

Also, what would be the best way for 2 people with luggage to get from PVG to the hotel? Is there an airport bus that stops at the hotel?
Old Apr 5, 2006, 2:40 am

Programs: QF Bronze
G'day MIABarry

I stayed there in Jan this year. I took a pre booked transfer from the hotel, book through Hyatt.com. If your game take the Maglev from the airport and then a train or cab from the Maglev station.

The club is nice with a varied selection of food every night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.