Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

GH Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

GH Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 30, 18, 12:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kapooncha View Post
I was looking at the JW Tomorrow Square. Wish I would have booked before the Starwood merger completed as award rates really got jacked.
I think you'll pleased by the Courtyard Zhabei because it is a nice hotel and the nearby subway station is very useful, but if you are drowning in Hyatt points, the Sukhothai Shanghai - SLS Hotel should definitely warrant consideration. I haven't been there yet, but I dare say the location is the best of all Hyatts in Shanghai:
-as noted earlier, I eliminate the PH and GH because they are on the wrong side of the river
-the Hyatt on the Bund is not on the Bund, and is kind of isolated
-the Andaz is fine, but Xintiandi honestly isn't especially interesting (I used to live there, and still work there)
Old Dec 30, 18, 12:25 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by moondog View Post
I think you'll pleased by the Courtyard Zhabei because it is a nice hotel and the nearby subway station is very useful, but if you are drowning in Hyatt points, the Sukhothai Shanghai - SLS Hotel should definitely warrant consideration. I haven't been there yet, but I dare say the location is the best of all Hyatts in Shanghai:
-as noted earlier, I eliminate the PH and GH because they are on the wrong side of the river
-the Hyatt on the Bund is not on the Bund, and is kind of isolated
-the Andaz is fine, but Xintiandi honestly isn't especially interesting (I used to live there, and still work there)
Most likely going with the Central, in fact I reserved it for 5 nights, even better deal as the 5th night is free with Marriott points redemptions.

I was definitely looking at the Sukhothai, looks like a very nice luxury experience. But cash rates are only $250 per night during my stay so if I were to stay there, I wouldn't use Hyatt points, I'd pay cash. I was drowning in Hyatt points though I am using a bunch for the HR Kyoto after my China portion.
Old Feb 21, 19, 10:32 am
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Noob question. If breakfast included for Explorist? Or I need to use my club access certificate for it?
Old Feb 21, 19, 10:59 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Originally Posted by RedSun View Post
Noob question. If breakfast included for Explorist? Or I need to use my club access certificate for it?
I'm certain breakfast is not included for Explorist if not included in room rate. You will only get breakfast if you use Club access certificate and then have breakfast in the GC.

As Globalist, breakfast was only in the GC, not restaurant.
Old Feb 21, 19, 11:29 am
Hyatt 5+ BadgeMarriott 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
I'm certain breakfast is not included for Explorist if not included in room rate. You will only get breakfast if you use Club access certificate and then have breakfast in the GC.

As Globalist, breakfast was only in the GC, not restaurant.
Yes, this is confirmed. I'll just use the club certificate since I'll get to Globe soon....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: