Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Austin DT/Town Lake REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Austin DT/Town Lake REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by aba030
I received a complimentary upgrade to the presidential suite a couple months ago. Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures. If I remember correctly, the second room of the suite had an 8 seat dining table and a huge couch. It was a ton of space, but honestly, I wouldn't have paid anywhere near $485 or $1310 for it. I think the executive suite which is given with the diamond suite upgrade is more than sufficient.
I think that's actually the Executive Suite. It has a giant wrap around couch and a 42"-ish flat screen TV, a high-top 8 person dining table, a bar-like area, an an additional bathroom. This is all in the "connected" room ... but it's more like 2 rooms that they converted into one giant room. We also stayed there with 2 people and it's way too much space if you're not hosting something in that room.

The presidential suite has a couple of sitting areas per the pictures on their website. I also think the presidential suite overlooks downtown Austin. Whereas the Executive Suite I stayed in had views of the hill country (read: South / Southwest).
Old Jun 18, 2012, 4:17 pm

Presidential Suite

I had the lucky chance to stay in the Presidential Suite recently. It was absolutely fantastic. Bedroom w/nice bathroom, 2 sitting areas, full dining (8 person), wet bar (w/small mini fridge and expresso machine), 2nd full bathroom, large balcony with great view of downtown Austin.

I took a few pics:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1044047...eat=directlink
Old Feb 4, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Looks like they're doing some upgrading... starting with a huge parking garage and "ballroom."

http://www.statesman.com/news/busine...ballroo/nWC5R/
Old Mar 2, 2013, 9:46 am
Community Director Emerita

We had a very pleasant one night stay. Self parking was full so we were given valet parking at self parking cost. I used an expiring suite upgrade. At check in, we were offered two drink chits to use in the lobby shop that serves Starbucks beverages. Nice.

We had a lovely suite on the 12th (of 16) floors. It faced the river. The living room had a large bar table with six chairs around it by the window. It also had a sofa, coffee table, stools, and TV/entertainment center. It had an alcove before entering the bathroom that is a bar area with a passage to the room. There was a refrigerator and a coffee grinder/maker from Cuisinart. There were two large canisters of coffee beans, one decaffeinated.

The bedroom had a king bed, chest of drawers, desk area with table that could be moved to face the window, and a chair with foot stool at the window. The view was really pleasant, with lots of sculls and small boats on the river. The dock for the steamboat was no more than a five minute walk.

Breakfast offerings were the buffet and a menu.

We were very pleased with our stay, particularly given our use of a suite upgrade cert, and would happily stay here again.
Old Mar 2, 2013, 10:02 am

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Pleased you enjoyed your stay!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 9:23 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Has anyone stayed at the property since March? Thanks...!
Old Oct 31, 2013, 7:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by wolf539
Has anyone stayed at the property since March? Thanks...!
Yes.

Is that all you want to know?
Old Nov 1, 2013, 7:36 am

Programs: AA PLT, UA Silver, EK Gold, Hilton Diamond, Global Entry, Clear
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
Yes.

Is that all you want to know?
Yep, that's it...!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:14 am

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Stayed here recently. Nothing to write home about. Really difficult to get a cab from here.
You're betting off switching to the new Hyatt Place downtown at least there you can find a Car2go.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 4:28 pm
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Staying here for Austin City Lights in a few weeks. Anything one should know about the property? Regency Club? Diamond Breakfast? Open on weekends, etc? Any great near hotel non chain restaurant/bars to check out? First visit ever to Austin....
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:40 am

Programs: "But, I'm a GLOBALIST guest...."
Originally Posted by antinseattle
Staying here for Austin City Lights in a few weeks. Anything one should know about the property? Regency Club? Diamond Breakfast? Open on weekends, etc? Any great near hotel non chain restaurant/bars to check out? First visit ever to Austin....
Austin City Limits. (not lights)

You should know its a pretty far walk to the park... take a pedicab.

Restaurant suggestions within walking distance:
Chuys (mexican)
Polvos (mexican)
Perlas (fish)
Home Slice (Pizza)
Franks (High End Hot Dogs - downtown)
Elizabeth Street Cafe (French Vietnamese)
Sway (Thai)

Continental Club (Bar)
Franklins BBQ
Salt Lick BBQ

Good luck.
Old Oct 1, 2014, 1:25 pm

Programs: United 1P
Originally Posted by antinseattle
See you there, antinseattle! You might have received an email today notifying that the hotel is putting on a boat shuttle both going to the festival and coming home. $10 round trip.
Old Oct 2, 2014, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: WN~A List Pref, CP, Hyatt-Diamond, Hilton Diamond, ANT~a Dave Matthews Addiction thing
Originally Posted by Wombat18
See you there, antinseattle! You might have received an email today notifying that the hotel is putting on a boat shuttle both going to the festival and coming home. $10 round trip.
Great. Thanks!

Gonna be a great weekend!
Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium
Have a decent rate here for a two night stay in November in a River View King at $220/pn. Debating if it's worth using the standby upgrade to the Deluxe Suite for $149/pn.

With the upgrade, it's slightly more than the HP and slightly less than a room at the Driskill.

I'm Diamond so I'm not sure what my chances would be of getting a comped (or cheaper) upgrade.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 11:28 am

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
Originally Posted by britishcanuck
Have a decent rate here for a two night stay in November in a River View King at $220/pn. Debating if it's worth using the standby upgrade to the Deluxe Suite for $149/pn.

With the upgrade, it's slightly more than the HP and slightly less than a room at the Driskill.

I'm Diamond so I'm not sure what my chances would be of getting a comped (or cheaper) upgrade.
It's basically two rooms with one turned into a living room, so if you need the extra space go for it. The chances of getting a complimentary suite upgrade here are very low. It hasn't happened in my previous 15-20 stays, although I usually end up in a city view room or one of the rooms with a balcony.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.